How dead is this?

Entobonement

Bah ...

had great hopes in this addition but there is nothing happening since i-don't-know-when that I have start to accommodate with the feeling of "there will be no F-15E ever" - to bad, was my favorite.

Any other sim that has a nice F-15E to fly except Janes?

no - they want very much to get their F-15E into DCS - there's just a list they're working down - they'll get around to it

; )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i mean.. think about it - even if you had a magic wand and all the projects being worked on right now were instantly finished - even aircraft you WANT but aren't even on the list..

you got EVERYthing you want - would there even be enough time to get to everything?? these sims are so complicated.. there's plenty to keep us busy between now and then anyway!

i don't even have a flight sim capable computer system yet - i'm buying all the components now - its gonna be 30-45days before i'm a full-up-round - and then there's the whole learning curve to deal with - its not just DCS, there's BMS too (are we allowed to say that on this forum??haha!) - by the time i get my rig going the F-86 and the P-51 will be out - already purchased CA and A-10C ----- seriously, if F-15E (or F-18C or E) was released tomorrow, i honestly wouldn't even be able to get to it! i'm not even going to start on the mission editor and campaign building and incorporating CA/ground forces and dealing with that whole learning curve..........

look - they're getting close, once these 3rd party developers get a handle on the basics, they'll be able to pop these modules out much quicker - there are several platforms in the pipeline, once the damn bursts, be careful what you wish for.. you'll have more on your hands than you're able to deal with! its just a question of getting a codebase from which to deviate from - and customize for each following platform - but the first one is the big investment

idunno, just trying to keep it all in perspective......

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would there even be enough time to get to everything?? these sims are so complicated.. there's plenty to keep us busy between now and then anyway!

Ever since the Huey was released, it was my main single player go-to aircraft. Then I realized I was getting rusty at the shark, so I spent a few days re-learning that, then I fired up the P-51.... goodness, was it always this twitchy? A day or two later I got used to it again. Oh wait, I haven't given the MI-8 any love lately. Crap, I've forgotten how to use that whacky weapons panel, and WTH kind of gun pod is that?! Oh, you know what, it's been a while since I've done SEAD with the toad.... ;)

As excited as I am to see improvements and more aircraft, it's hard to get bored with DCS. :D

• Like 1

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Ever since the Huey was released, it was my main single player go-to aircraft. Then I realized I was getting rusty at the shark, so I spent a few days re-learning that, then I fired up the P-51.... goodness, was it always this twitchy? A day or two later I got used to it again. Oh wait, I haven't given the MI-8 any love lately. Crap, I've forgotten how to use that whacky weapons panel, and WTH kind of gun pod is that?! Oh, you know what, it's been a while since I've done SEAD with the toad.... ;)

As excited as I am to see improvements and more aircraft, it's hard to get bored with DCS. :D

This works when you like cas, but if you are an A2A guy (like me) you' re stuck on the f-15/su-27 which are nice to fly (or will be) but are missing what makes DCS, so until the F-18 (or F-15E in the eventuallity it's almost done (LOL)) we are stuck on 2 options : trying a slow plane wich is a flying target or playing in an incomplete plane :cry: (but still when I saw the F-15 6 monts ago, I thought it was AMAZING, coming from Blazing angels or HAWKS world with BASIC controls and 3rd view.

• Like 1

This is 3rd , 4th on Que.

Trainer( t-2) , mirage, F15E? harrier ? nothing official :D

Mirage thread was live for a few weeks.... Besides when they do show something, people ruin it, see here :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2033542#post2033542

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This works when you like cas, but if you are an A2A guy (like me) you' re stuck on the f-15/su-27 which are nice to fly (or will be) but are missing what makes DCS, so until the F-18 (or F-15E in the eventuallity it's almost done (LOL)) we are stuck on 2 options : trying a slow plane wich is a flying target or playing in an incomplete plane :cry: (but still when I saw the F-15 6 monts ago, I thought it was AMAZING, coming from Blazing angels or HAWKS world with BASIC controls and 3rd view.

you know.. that is a *very* good point

one thing you left out in that list, F-15C ASM (advanced SYSTEM modeling) ---- i believe they "will" eventually incorporate that into the light greys - so it'll be up to "DCS standard" ---- nothing "official" from the staff on that but that's just how these guys are ---- extremely exacting and their commitment to realism is thusfar relentless (bravo zulu!)

when that happens.. its gonna be a whole new a/c

i believe we'll get some kind of HSD (TAD they call it??) at that point

so yeah.. a lot to look fwd to! like you said - hard to get bored!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED has proven themselves capable of developing simulators. RAZBAM hasnt. I agree with scrim.

Their online shop has quite a few modules available for FSX. Which kind of invalidate that statement. They never were supposed to develop a sim platform, but modules. And that, they do.

I'd rather support them. I can't wait to play their modules, especially the Mirage.

Their online shop has quite a few modules available for FSX. Which kind of invalidate that statement. They never were supposed to develop a sim platform, but modules. And that, they do.

I'd rather support them. I can't wait to play their modules, especially the Mirage.

Sorry, but developing a module for FSX has ZERO bearing on their ability to develop a DCS quality module for DCS World..

Very simple Apples to really complicated oranges...

:music_whistling:

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Sorry, but developing a module for FSX has ZERO bearing on their ability to develop a DCS quality module for DCS World..

AGREED!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
I wouldn't expect anything until after air to ground radar is proven to work.

Ergo, you're stuck waiting until after the F/A-18C.

They could write their own ground radar. (and by no means was that to sounds as easy as that reads :P)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

They are still way more advanced in developing content for DCS than any of us, since they actually started to do so. So I'd rather trust them. Besides, I don't want them to fail.

Third party modules are not exactly legions.

Well...Soon there will be as much as DCS products :

DCS : KA-50, A-10C, P-51 and FC3 (not full modules so i'll count it as one)

BST : MI-8, F-86, Huey (I won't count cobra as its not a done)

RRG : 1plane (don't remember wich one)

VEAO : HAWK

Leatherneck : mig-21

3rd parties are coming pretty hard and the amount of modules will increase by 66% after the summer :) (I just wish they were 80's, but thats me)

AGREED!!

+1000

Despite the fact FSX is the FS Version of windows Vista, good looking but far from handy, I left it completely because you could really feel how unreal it is when it comes to flight dynamics.

Aaaaaaand it still needs a rig worth 10 grand to be played on fulll settings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

They could write their own ground radar. (and by no means was that to sounds as easy as that reads :P)

I disagree with this premise for a very specific reason: it forks what ED constitutes as baseline. They need to spend the time doing the real work on the radar model to define how it will be represented across the spectrum of products, so that, while aircraft will not be fully attributed to their real world performance, they will "scale" appropriately across compared systems.

DCS' radar model should be internally consistent, which means that ED must lead the way.

I think in the bottom of the Atlantic, next to RMS Titanic :(

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team

You are welcome to disagree of course... but they could write their own :)

I disagree with this premise for a very specific reason: it forks what ED constitutes as baseline. They need to spend the time doing the real work on the radar model to define how it will be represented across the spectrum of products, so that, while aircraft will not be fully attributed to their real world performance, they will "scale" appropriately across compared systems.

DCS' radar model should be internally consistent, which means that ED must lead the way.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png