DB-605AS/ASM power curves

Yo-Yo

• ED Team

Are there original German power curves for the engines? My brieth search returned only tables for SL and absolute full throttle altitude. It would be better to take a look at the whole altitude range and power ratings.

(I am beginning to investigate DBs :) )

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Out of interest, why AS/ASM? Or are you just looking general information about DB 605 series?

There is power curve of DB 605 DC with MW 50 in JaPo's K4 book but i don't know if it's original german or not.

Edited by DB 605

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Out of interest, why AS/ASM? Or are you just looking general information about DB 605 series?

There is power curve of DB 605 DC with MW 50 in JaPo's K4 book but i don't know if it's original german or not.

Yes, its for general investigation.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Sorry, these are not power curves, just some documents for aircraft performance.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/me109/VB-8-18-205-001.pdf

glce2-109g6.jpg

me109g6-glce2-13aug44.jpg

me109-gj-fx.jpg

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Should be interesting as well - accurate power curves for the DB 605G (later re-named 605AM). Not only it shows the effects of increased boost, it also shows that when the boost is increased AND methanol-water 50:50 (MW50) boost is injected, performance increase also at above rated altitude, without any increase in manifold pressure, probably because of charge cooling.

The effect is also noticable on Bf 109K performance curves, where at high alttidue above the "MW abschaltun (MW switch-off)" point the performance drops a bit. MW injection was manually engaged, so even above full throttle height some modest performance boost can be gained by leaving MW 50 injection enabled.

DB605G_MW50_powercurve_viaGGH.jpg

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is from a post war Soviet book (secondary source, so not neccesarily accurate) power curve for DB 605 DC.

1318872744_12.jpg

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.