Activating and deactivating modules through the module manager.

TaliG

What is the purpose of this? (deactivation through the module manager)

I deactivated a couple of modules from my system in order to activate them on other system I was about to buy. ( i wanted to test dcs performance befor I buy it)

When I checked my account, there was an activation lost.

So im asking, what is the purpose of deactivating through the modules manager if an activation will be subtracted from my account?

I thought if I was deactivating and activating on another pc, then there would be no activations lost. Otherwise what is the purpose of deactivating?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Are you confusing uninstall with deactivation?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I deactivated the module from the module manager before I activated in on the other pc as the first pic shows:

Untitled1.png.349380b48e77104312bf581018d78c30.png

But I lost an activation.

If I knew I would lost an activation, I wouldn't even bother deactivating it.

Is this feature working or not?

This is what I am asking sir.

Second pic shows how to remove the module completely if you want after deactivating.

Untitled2.png.1c9e31cbab37e2728b7ea3548cc23686.png

If module manager doesn't work that way then please explain me how it works please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I think(!) that check box only enables/disables the module in you DCS installation. It does not activate/deactivate the module in the DRM sense. For that, you need to run the respective .EXE file as described in the Quickstart Manual(s).

Page 235 from the user manual clearly states:

Untitled1.thumb.png.867111cc5b0be49a34e705398c8b167d.png

I think(!) that check box only enables/disables the module in you DCS installation. It does not activate/deactivate the module in the DRM sense. For that, you need to run the respective .EXE file as described in the Quickstart Manual(s).

Thanks for your thought my friend.

If it was about ''enable-disable'' they should write ENABLE-DISABLE in the manual and in the module manager itself.

If this is the case, this is misleading information and I would like to have my activations back.

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It could still be interpreted the way I mentioned - the manual just doesn say if it is the DRM deactivation or just disabeling the module for your local installation. (and yes, I do think, the manual and the module manager dialog should clarify that if this were the case).

But iirc you can check a log file on that starforce website where all your activations and deactivations are listed - there you should see if it really was a DRM deactivation or not.

It could still be interpreted the way I mentioned - the manual just doesn say if it is the DRM deactivation or just disabeling the module for your local installation. (and yes, I do think, the manual and the module manager dialog should clarify that if this were the case).

But iirc you can check a log file on that starforce website where all your activations and deactivations are listed - there you should see if it really was a DRM deactivation or not.

''Activations used'' with ''activate-deactivate'' is closer to ''activations used ''with ''enable- disable'' module.

I checked my modules through my ED account, otherwise I wouldn't know about the deduction of my ''activations''.

EDIT:

And again, when I ''activated'' the modules, I copy pasted the serial right next to the ''activation'' box. This is one more clue that the box that says activate deactivate module, actually will do what it says. I did not use the external old way. Why should I? we have the module manager for this, aren't we?

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War