Missile freezing Problems. Please Help.

Crisis1231

I have modded the AIM-120C to have a 60 second burn time, rather than the standard 8 (60 seconds is just for testing purposes). However the missile and game freeze at around 23-24 seconds (missile speed is roughly 4500). Are there any other parameters that i need to edit, or some other way to fix this problem? (NOTE - this is tested and used offline only)

Hundreds of possibilities that could cause this ... I know too little about the 120C, but I could imagine it has to do with the calculations for the flight model not expecting the actual flight parameters you are forcing the missile into.

edit:

For examle (no clue if this is even remotely realistic): the missile logic could be taking into account the weight loss causes by the burned up fuel. But as your missile now burns much longer, perhaps the calculated remaining total weight goes negative ... and thus the algorithm crashes ... produces a "division by 0 error" which then is interpreted as "speed 0" or .. whatever. :o)

Edited by Flagrum

Hundreds of possibilities that could cause this ... I know too little about the 120C, but I could imagine it has to do with the calculations for the flight model not expecting the actual flight parameters you are forcing the missile into.

edit:

For examle (no clue if this is even remotely realistic): the missile logic could be taking into account the weight loss causes by the burned up fuel. But as your missile now burns much longer, perhaps the calculated remaining total weight goes negative ... and thus the algorithm crashes ... produces a "division by 0 error" which then is interpreted as "speed 0" or .. whatever. :o)

Oh jeez, i had never even thought of the impact on fuel weight from increase burn time. I have it working now! Many thanks!

what you making 120D's?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||