Online Players?

kcomeby

The amount of players varies. You should be able to find a couple of servers with 20+ players if you're looking at the right time (mostly weekends).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team
List is full and about 50-60 people are playing but thats not enough i guess because they are not on the same server.

The only server that seems to habe 20 players atthe same time more often is 104th.

And currently there are more passworded server than public ones.

I was not that way in the old DCS:BS and FC2 days.

There are a lot more choices of aircraft now, different styles of play ( combat / aerobatic / Combined Arms, helicopters, ground attack, Air to Air, ect ), and it is difficult for server admins to keep everyone happy, so you will see more servers with users all trying to find there own niche.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can't belive how one of the most realistic sim doesn't get more love, i really don't understand it.

Its because its just flight sim (don't take that personally, Jet Jockeys, I have a few modules myself). Only so much you can really do with that. I am sure when they build more detailed maps with EDGE, and bring in vehicle modules and infantry, you will find a LOT of old Arma players come in. I'm one of them. The new Arma that has come out is nothing more than a watered down version of COD within a vast barren desert. We Arma players are frustratedly waiting for something to replace our old beloved Arma II, and DCS World looks like it could very much be what were looking for. I think a Steel Beasts like simulation could be put into the game without sucking up too much more power. I'm sure the flight model calculations and the very complex cockpits in the aircraft take up much more cpu power than a tank / apc / infantry module would. And after all, DCS was made for high end computers.

The biggest challenge looks to be fixing the horrible net code.

The only server that seems to habe 20 players atthe same time more often is 104th.

And currently there are more passworded server than public ones.

I was not that way in the old DCS:BS and FC2 days.

I can't belive how one of the most realistic sim doesn't get more love, i really don't understand it.

There are many reasons why the MP community has become smaller in recent years. Hopefully this will change some day.

Yeah this is a long story... a very long story which I dont have time or energy to go into detail about.

One part of the short version... lots of people got fed up with the MP instability and stopped flying / went on to other sims or games. We lost a lot of dedicated people who put a lot of hours into flying online sadly.

The glory days will return in the near future however, ED has a long term plan which it is working very hard too, we just need to be patient and when Multiplayer finally becomes stable enough to host complicated missions with large client numbers you will see the player count soar!

For now the most popular client base for MP is Europe (sorry America!) so you guys all need to try and get onto our schedule ;)

The 104th Dedicated server runs at 90-100% capacity (27 at present) every day but only at certain peak times these are....

Times are in ZULU - Don't know your Zulu time? ... http://www.zulutime.net/

Monday to Friday - 18:00 - 22:00

Weekends - 16:00 - 23:00

Outside these times you'll still find our server populated, the numbers just tend to be a little lower than the peak times above.

However the 104th server is not the only server seeing good numbers, our friends over at the 51st Squadron also host a dedicated server running some of the most popular missions on the MP scene.

The Virtual Aerobatics Server is pretty much full with 20+ players all day... lots of people have a lot of fun in their without the pressure of being shot at. Its hands down the best place to start to learn how to fly a new aircraft with others who won't want to kill you!

The S77 Server is also very popular running missions with a cap of 18 clients, these guys tend to be busy all day but peak at the same times as the 104th.

STP normally has some kind of action going on also air to ground wise and a lot of guys enjoy flying here.

So if you want to get yourself involved with some serious air to air action get yourself online at the peak times above if you can make it, but be warned... there is no mercy online, its a pretty tough gig to get good at in a server with 27 other people all shooting at something.

But big effort brings big results and practice will make you better and better so don't quit after a few days... but be prepared to get your ass handed to you for the first while.

No matter how well you do in Single Player... MP is a different beast there are a lot of guys out there who have been doing this for a long time and are pretty deadly, sadly you'll be the fresh meat for a little while but stick with it and you'll be taking down names too!

You'll also want to find a TeamSpeak3 server to join and meet fellow pilots, they are your very best source of information and help it will also increase your chances of staying alive dramatically if you have a buddy to fly with or your in a channel with other pilots who can help you if required!

You'll generally find the TS3 details of each squadron located in its mission briefings so be sure to read those, here are the 104th details, feel free to jump in any time and get involved!

Server Address - 50.197.62.13 - Pass = phoenix

Good luck

Mav

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Its because its just flight sim (don't take that personally, Jet Jockeys, I have a few modules myself). Only so much you can really do with that. I am sure when they build more detailed maps with EDGE, and bring in vehicle modules and infantry, you will find a LOT of old Arma players come in. I'm one of them. The new Arma that has come out is nothing more than a watered down version of COD within a vast barren desert. We Arma players are frustratedly waiting for something to replace our old beloved Arma II, and DCS World looks like it could very much be what were looking for. I think a Steel Beasts like simulation could be put into the game without sucking up too much more power. I'm sure the flight model calculations and the very complex cockpits in the aircraft take up much more cpu power than a tank / apc / infantry module would. And after all, DCS was made for high end computers.

The biggest challenge looks to be fixing the horrible net code.

Speak for yourself when it comes to ArmA, man. :music_whistling:

This whole thread smells like troll.

No matter how it smells to you, it is sadly truth. I remember days of LOMAC, FC1 & FC2, when you could find much more on-line players at any time, than now at prime-time. There were big on-line events, with 50-60 (or even more) players, going on for a few hours (locers, GI/CI, etc).

With todays DCS (in)stability you can only dream of it. And what's worse, I do not see any improvement. Might be wrong, but I think with every new version or module released it goes from bad to worse. And there is no end to it...

• Like 2