Doubled control set

superkekx

Hi guys,

I just installed the module and copied the TF51 profile to the p51. Everything seemed fine and I started. But ingame my throttle axis controlled the pedals... I looked up the controls ingame and there was a second "P51-Sim" control set with default mapping (?!).

attachment.php?attachmentid=99747&stc=1&d=1402742259

In the regular main menu options there is no longer the second setting. Only the one with the correctly mapped keys.

Anyone any idea how to fix this?

I am using the warthog + pedals.

DCS_Fehler_1.thumb.jpg.cd398d6c85f00e43742d684fa537b7d5.jpg

I just loaded it in the controls page. I saved the TF51 controls as profile and loaded it on the p51 controls page.

*edit* Is there any chance to reset the complete controls of the p51 only? Where are the current controls saved? Because it seems like the weapon controls are gone.

Edited by superkekx

I just loaded it in the controls page. I saved the TF51 controls as profile and loaded it on the p51 controls page.

*edit* Is there any chance to reset the complete controls of the p51 only? Where are the current controls saved? Because it seems like the weapon controls are gone.

Go to c:\users\<username>\saved games\dcs\config\input and delete the appropriate subfolder for the aircraft. The next time you start DCS, a fresh default config will be created.

I don't have any P-51D folder...

It seems like it is showing the TF-51D controls as P-51D in the main menu. Changing sth. in the main menu also changes the "last edited" date of the file in the TF-51D folder. Deleting the TF folder also clears the key mappings of the main menu control set.

I just created a new subfolder "P-51D" but it is ignored by the game.

Ah, yes. Since 1.2.8 only changes that you made are stored in the folder I mentioned. The default mappings are always loaded from the game installation directory and then, if existing, the changes are loaded from your saved games folder. That explains why you don't have an P-51D folder - or that it is ignored by DCS as it is not aware of any changes you made.

But that does not explain the rest of the mess you are seeing ... hrm. Could even be a DCS bug - you loaded mappings while you had not yet manual changes stored under saved games - no idea where DCS then loaded it into. Perhaps also into the game installation directory? (wtf??)

Anyhow, what I would do now:

- delete your controller settings under Saved Games for both, TF-51D and for P-51D

- run a DCS Repair from the start menu

- manually assign your controller mappings for each plane individually

Thank you for ur help!

I will try that.

One more thing: If I am editing the mappings ingame it keeps the costumized settings after restarting. So it has to save them somewhere. But neither in the aircraft subfolder of dcs nor the saved game subfolder are any new files for the P-51D.

As last resort I have to do the settings ingame. :/

But first I will try the repair function.

Thank you for ur help!

I will try that.

One more thing: If I am editing the mappings ingame it keeps the costumized settings after restarting. So it has to save them somewhere. But neither in the aircraft subfolder of dcs nor the saved game subfolder are any new files for the P-51D.

As last resort I have to do the settings ingame. :/

But first I will try the repair function.

Thats why I suggest the DCS Repair. This is not normal what you see there. Normal would be that you find your customized settings under your Saved Games folder.

Or ... hrm, do you have multiple DCS installations? Like one regular 1.2.8 and one for the open beta? If so, perhaps there is something mixed up ...?

Ok,

I deleted:

- input TF 51 (saved games)

- input P 51 (created folder saved games)

- complete mod TF 51 folder

- complete mod P 51 folder

aaaand it did not work. Still no weapon keys in the options and ingame a second control set. So I copied the default input from the P folder to the TF folder. Now the weapon keys showed up and I mapped some to test it.

Result: I could set up the weapon keys in the options but it still created only a TF51 folder (saved games). Ingame I had the same problem with unmapped keys and the second control set.

Where does it save the ingame settings............

Any alternative ideas? Else I will go with the ingame configuration for now. :/

PS: I deleted the beta with the 1.2.8. full release.

Ok,

I deleted:

- input TF 51 (saved games)

- input P 51 (created folder saved games)

- complete mod TF 51 folder

- complete mod P 51 folder

aaaand it did not work. Still no weapon keys in the options and ingame a second control set. So I copied the default input from the P folder to the TF folder. Now the weapon keys showed up and I mapped some to test it.

Result: I could set up the weapon keys in the options but it still created only a TF51 folder (saved games). Ingame I had the same problem with unmapped keys and the second control set.

Where does it save the ingame settings............

Any alternative ideas? Else I will go with the ingame configuration for now. :/

PS: I deleted the beta with the 1.2.8. full release.

What "complete mod TF 51 folder" and "complete mod P 51 folder"?

And what about the DCS repair? Did you start it - and did it do something (i.e. downloaded files)?

I don't know about you, but I am starting to get confused ... :o)

Lets start all over.

Make sure, you have a clean standard installation. If you have copied something somewhere into the DCS World installation folder, revert it ... and/or run another DCS Repair.

Then delete once more the TF-51 and P-51 subdirectories in your saved game folder so that DCS only has the default settings.

Start DCS, go to Options -> Controller. What do you see there? You have a layer "P-51 Sim"? You have a layer "TF-51 Real"?

If so, change one single mapping for P-51. For example, map the "Eject" function to a button. Does DCS create a P-51 subfolder under saved games?

Then the same for TF-51. Map the eject function to a button and check the subfolder under saved games.

In case something strange happens during the last two steps, maybe try to map the eject function to two different buttons for each plane. Then fly both planes - does the mapped button work for the appropriate plane? Or is the function now mapped for only one of the planes? Or is the function working for both planes, but for the same button?

edit:

And up to here ... do NOT copy or load any controller configuration. Let us just check the default config first and apply some rudimentary own customization.

I don't know about you, but I am starting to get confused ... :o)

Lets start all over.

Make sure, you have a clean standard installation. If you have copied something somewhere into the DCS World installation folder, revert it ... and/or run another DCS Repair.

-> done

Then delete once more the TF-51 and P-51 subdirectories in your saved game folder so that DCS only has the default settings.

-> done

Start DCS, go to Options -> Controller. What do you see there? You have a layer "P-51 Sim"? You have a layer "TF-51 Real"?

-> P-51 easy, P-51 sim and TF-51 easy

If so, change one single mapping for P-51. For example, map the "Eject" function to a button. Does DCS create a P-51 subfolder under saved games?

->done, it creates a TF-51 folder

Then the same for TF-51. Map the eject function to a button and check the subfolder under saved games.

In case something strange happens during the last two steps, maybe try to map the eject function to two different buttons for each plane. Then fly both planes - does the mapped button work for the appropriate plane? Or is the function now mapped for only one of the planes? Or is the function working for both planes, but for the same button?

-> ingame the profiles work more below

edit:

And up to here ... do NOT copy or load any controller configuration. Let us just check the default config first and apply some rudimentary own customization.

-> just loaded profiles once right after the very first install

First insight:

Could it be, that my main menu "P-51 real" has a wrong label and is the "TF-51 real"?

And the real "P-51 real" is completly missing. It shows 3 settings ((P51 real/easy and TF easy => 3)

How many profiles do you have for both planes? (P51 real/easy and TF real/easy => 4)

3 different conditions:

a) main menu options:

TF51 easy available and mapping works

P51 easy available and mapping works

P51 real availabe and mapping works

TF51 not available (I am almost sure there should be one)

b) ingame with TF51

two P51 real availabe (as picture in first post)

the one default selected has the controls done in the main menu and worked with the TF51

the second one not selected was empty

c) ingame with P51

two P51 real availabe (as picture in first post)

the one default selected was empty (but set controls were saved) and now I had a P-51D folder in my saved games

the second one has the controls done in the main menu

So it seems as there is sth. wrong with the main menu options and labeling.

Ok, besides suggesting a complete new installation, I am clueless. I have no idea how something like that could be explained. Sorry ...

Fwiw, I would expect something like this:

Options -> Controls: Layers "P-51 Sim", "P-51 Game", "TF-51 Real" and "TF-51 Easy" (Note the differences Sim vs. Real and Game vs. Easy!)

In-game: depending on the actual aircraft and game mode, one of these is selected as default. It should not matter, where you made your mappings, from the main menu or in-game.

Or, just post your DCS.log and ME.log files ... perhaps we find something there ...

Worth a try.

Here they are. I didn't find anything conspicuous.

No, I can't see anything special neither.

But I found a thread that seems to deal with the same, or a similar problem. Sadly I am not sure if or what solution they found there. Perhaps you contact Sithspawn directly if he knows about the status of that issue.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124370

• 1 month later...

Have the same Problem as superkekx.

After the configuration of my P-51D sim Profil a TF-51D Folder is created but no P-51D Folder. Ingame i have two P-51D sim entrys. One with default configuration and one with my settings i had done in the launcher options.

An other issue is that my P-51D sim configuration has no entrys for weapon configuration in the list :(

Looks like a wrong label: The P-51D sim settings means the TF-51D sim and this palne is a Trainer without weapons and the real P-51D configuration option is missing.

I use the german steam Version of DCS and I hope you understand my english.

@superkekx: Have you solved your Problem or has sithspawn given you any suggestions?

Update:

Doing a completly reinstall but the problem still occurs :(

I can't configure the weapon controlls for the P-51D. There are still no entrys.

Edited by tinflyer49
Update

• 2 weeks later...
Have the same Problem as superkekx.

After the configuration of my P-51D sim Profil a TF-51D Folder is created but no P-51D Folder. Ingame i have two P-51D sim entrys. One with default configuration and one with my settings i had done in the launcher options.

An other issue is that my P-51D sim configuration has no entrys for weapon configuration in the list :(

Looks like a wrong label: The P-51D sim settings means the TF-51D sim and this palne is a Trainer without weapons and the real P-51D configuration option is missing.

I use the german steam Version of DCS and I hope you understand my english.

@superkekx: Have you solved your Problem or has sithspawn given you any suggestions?

Update:

Doing a completly reinstall but the problem still occurs :(

I can't configure the weapon controlls for the P-51D. There are still no entrys.

Hi,

exactly the same Problem here, too. I also use a german client.

I can only setup P-51D Controls during flight. Not in the main menu.

I suspect a bug with the menu labeling - maybe a localization issue?? Confusion with TF-51?

Please add this to some bug list.

Matthl

Edit:

superkekx's explanation is nearly identical to my problem.

But in my case the mappable "P-51D real" in main menu is missing the categories for the sight ("Visier") and weapons.

Seems like it is the TF51 there.

Edited by MatthlK

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem, after I switched the client from German to English everything (TF-51 real and P-51 real) worked like it should.

How to switch the client's language: click me

Du suchst eine Staffel für gelegentliche gemeinsame Flüge, anfängerorientiert und ohne Zwänge? Dann schau doch mal vorbei.