DCS A 10C "Heavy" takeoff challenge

Mike Busutil

Just for fun...

I configured my A-10C for max takeoff weight, I was able to get her 18,124 lbs over the max limit for takeoff.

Configuration:

Empty weight..........2,496 lbs

100% fuel.............11,087 lbs

Weapons..............28,545 lbs

4x CBU-87

4x GBU-10

3x Ft600 fuel tanks

Chaff - 240

Flare - 120

30mm gun ammo....................100% CM combat mix

Max weight limit.......................46,476 lbs

Actual takeoff weight...............64,600 lbs.

Exceeding takeoff limit by.......18,124 lbs. Edit (139%)

Runway........Gudauta (8,200')

Give it a try and submit your video or track :D

Edited by Mike Busutil
  • Like 1

Not bad. :)

And now I wanna see you land that thing back at Gudauta (without dropping anything and without breaking anything!). :D

Deal... I feel getting her stopped by the end of the runway will be the issue :D

Deal... I feel getting her stopped by the end of the runway will be the issue :D

Turns out the take-off is much harder, see track. :)

I thought I was smart to leave the flaps retracted until the very end of the runway, but crawling over that first building looked (from the cockpit perspective) maybe even a little bit closer than in your vid.

The landing wasn't that hard, except for a near-collision with the NDB because I became too slow and almost stalled right into it.

Probably worth mentioning that it's been a known bug for a long time that stopping-distance is shorter with Anti-Skid turned Off. I exploited that, but it looked as if a landing with Anti-Skid turned On could be quite doable as well.

Nice challenge. :thumbup:

What's next: Hot and high or laughably short runway...? :lol:

yurgon_heavy_hog_at_gudauta.trk

Decided to up the challenge since I'm fairly used to the "flying bus" configuration (though not 139% :P) by trying to take off with a 20m/s tailwind. The result was that I couldn't even get my tail off the ground until I careened of the runway into a fiery death. Talk about tail dragger :D

Turns out the take-off is much harder, see track. :)

I thought I was smart to leave the flaps retracted until the very end of the runway, but crawling over that first building looked (from the cockpit perspective) maybe even a little bit closer than in your vid.

The landing wasn't that hard, except for a near-collision with the NDB because I became too slow and almost stalled right into it.

Probably worth mentioning that it's been a known bug for a long time that stopping-distance is shorter with Anti-Skid turned Off. I exploited that, but it looked as if a landing with Anti-Skid turned On could be quite doable as well.

Nice challenge. :thumbup:

What's next: Hot and high or laughably short runway...? :lol:

Lol nice!

I noticed you flew below the NDB wire :D

Also you did stop a lot shorter than I did with the anti skid off. Although you did leave a lot of skid marks all over the runway... :thumbup:

Decided to up the challenge since I'm fairly used to the "flying bus" configuration (though not 139% :P) by trying to take off with a 20m/s tailwind. The result was that I couldn't even get my tail off the ground until I careened of the runway into a fiery death. Talk about tail dragger :D

think you should go back to manuals and see how headwinds/tailwinds work.... :smartass::music_whistling:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Reminds me of the 'Fastest Heavy successful landing and successful stop without running out of Runway' challenge a good while back:

0bd66aa4.jpg

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Decided to up the challenge since I'm fairly used to the "flying bus" configuration (though not 139% :P) by trying to take off with a 20m/s tailwind.

think you should go back to manuals and see how headwinds/tailwinds work.... :smartass::music_whistling:

Are you suggesting that a tailwind makes takeoff easier?

dcs_sig.jpg