Trimmer Force and Shake in control setting

I have recently set up my Thrustmuster T.Flight Hotas X joystick so that I can set up my trim. I press joy_btn 12 and use the hat to control trim, however I am finding that when I go to trim my pitch the hat is too sensitive.

I messed around with the fine tune in DCS world control setup but found it was taking way too long to set up the trim for level flight. However I want to know what affect the Trimmer force and shake has on joystick settings At present I have set the Trimmer Force to 25 and the shake to 15. To be honest I have no idea what they do.

Can anyone advise me on this please. I have flown over my target several times while trying to adjust the pitch trim, so frustrating and challenging.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

The settings "Trim force" and "Shake" that you find under Options -> Controls -> FF Tune are only relevant for Force Feedback joysticks. They willl not help you with your issues with the trim hat as your stick is not a FFB device, afaik (and also, it does not affect hat switches at all, but the forces generated by the device for the main axes).