Campaign & Communications 2 Part Issue

Sethrial

Hello to all,

After much scouring of the web and various DCS Forums I have been unable to find anyone with an issue similar to mine. Maybe I'm just bad at searching though.

Anyways. This issue is occurring in the main DCS A10C campaign, in missions where your objective is to support the advance of allied tank echelons. They usually say something like; "Contact Giant and Elm..." etc. This is where the problem occurs. I am unable to contact them at all. It's not an option and never becomes an option under any for form of radio, not even as a grayed-out option. They just aren't there.

The second part of this issue is in contacting ground crew, which I've done many times before, successfully up until now (I've no idea what changed). When I RTB in an attempt to re-arm/re-fuel, I switch over to intercom, but as soon I hit hit the appropriate mic-switch, the game INSTANTLY flips it back to VHF-FM making it impossible for me to contact ground crew.

If anyone can offer any kind of solution or suggestion, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Is this new? I never used to have to open the canopy.

Also thank you, I will try this.

No. In the A-10C, the canopy can be closed and all systems and engines up and running.

Rearming will work. It's different with other aircraft though. But in the A-10C it works.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

First, a question; are you using the "Radio Assists" in the options menu?

And the interphone switch thing sounds like 2 of your controls are conflicting. You may have more than 1 key set to one of your mic switch positions.

For contacting Razor and Elm tank groups, simply open your VHF AM radio menu (if not using radio assists. IF you are using them, all radio menus are the same) and use the F10 command. This will allow you to continue your missions.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

First, a question; are you using the "Radio Assists" in the options menu?

And the interphone switch thing sounds like 2 of your controls are conflicting. You may have more than 1 key set to one of your mic switch positions.

For contacting Razor and Elm tank groups, simply open your VHF AM radio menu (if not using radio assists. IF you are using them, all radio menus are the same) and use the F10 command. This will allow you to continue your missions.

Thank you for your response.

I'll have to look into the conflicting controls, however I don't think this is the case because it doesn't matter whether I press the mic switch on my throttle or F1-12. I set it to intercom and the next button I push that has anything to do with the radio, switches it back to VHF FM.

As for contacting the tank groups, when I hit F10, they don't even show up as an option to contact them at any point during the mission.

For ground crew you could also try just using the comms menu directly rather than a HOTAS MIC switch (default key is \ i.e. backslash). This has always worked reliably for me. So long as the ground crew can "hear" you they'll respond - which means either set the interphone dial to INT (and power to that system on), or have the engines off and the canopy open.

Another thing is that it might be mission setup; a while ago they changed how airbases are assigned to coalitions and if you're playing an old mission that wasn't updated then it might be that the base is considered neutral and therefore the ground crew won't have any interest in you.

For ground crew you could also try just using the comms menu directly rather than a HOTAS MIC switch (default key is \ i.e. backslash). This has always worked reliably for me. So long as the ground crew can "hear" you they'll respond - which means either set the interphone dial to INT (and power to that system on), or have the engines off and the canopy open.

Another thing is that it might be mission setup; a while ago they changed how airbases are assigned to coalitions and if you're playing an old mission that wasn't updated then it might be that the base is considered neutral and therefore the ground crew won't have any interest in you.

Thank you! The work around of using the "\" key worked and I was able to contact ground crew, so that's one issue resolved.

Now I just need to figure out why the option to contact ground forces isn't showing up during the campaign. At this point it's prevented me from advancing in the campaign, despite the fact that I'm literally wiping out the battlefield of enemy forces.

• 2 years later...

I am also having the same issue with the rotary control dial. I landed with one engine shot out and tried to call for repairs. I turned the dial to INT, keyed the mic switch on my TM HOTAS, and

the rotary dial turns itself back to VHF-FM, leaving me unable to call for repairs. VERY frustrating! I will try the backslash key next time.