Mission editor

Hi all,

I made a mission with a cold ramp start and various waypoints. Now if I wanted to begin at waypoint 3 in the air (rather than a having to start up) is this possible? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi all,

I made a mission with a cold ramp start and various waypoints. Now if I wanted to begin at waypoint 3 in the air (rather than a having to start up) is this possible? Cheers

It is. Just select WP 0 and change it from 'rapmp start' to 'turning point'. Then move your plane close to WP3 (if you don't want to delete WP 1&2, but bear in mind you will start facing WP1).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

No, without deleting WP 1 and 2...

The ariplane always start at the first waypoint. Either on ramp hot, ramp start or in the air.

Now... For testing pruposes I used to change the last waypoint of a route (landing) to the nearest waypoint I wanted to test.. so no, no need to delete or change the route for testing.

I only had to move the last waypoint to the airport and set it to Land

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Ok, thanks. I wanted to keep the file as the original though so I wouldn't have to delete any way points, but I've got a much better idea now.

Just getting into the mission editor after a year and a half of flying in DCS! Don't know why I thought it so daunting but it is quite straight forward.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

If it were me, I might just leave the ground start units in and add the additional units- that way you don't have to mess with anything existing.

Just copy (cntrl c) and paste (cntrl v) the aircraft you want to move to WP 3, delete those waypoints... and as said before change the new position to turning point instead of cold start... and now you have the best of both worlds

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Totally agree ^^^ Eno.

I'll add this -- do not move the cursor and press Cntrl-V.

If you move the cursor to another space on the map then any waypoints of the original unit will be offset by the distance to the new paste location.

I will trace all the waypoints and tidy them up and especially snap the Landing waypoint to the airbase.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.