Single player won't fully load

Shane45

Hi Guys

Has anyone experienced this before, click on SP icon , click on Misson, click on In the weeds eg, loading screen comes up and you would normally see a blue bar with ' loading objects etc etc, then you are in the game.

I've uninstalled / reinstalled 3 times, and I can only get to the loading screen, I don't even get the blue bar now,

I was playing SP last night and I've now spent all day trying to get it to work again.

I've repaired and updated but to no avail. Multiplayer works fine but I need the SP too

cheers

I had the same problem that you are describing and I found that some tweaks I had made in the Saved Game folder was outside of the acceptable limits of the game. For instance If you do the HUD mod to increase the size of the font in the hud its default setting is 73.5 but you can set it from 44.0 to 73.5 but any setting outside of that will cause the game to hang at the load screen. Also if you make changes within the main installation that are outside of the accepted default values the load will do the same thing. By the way update/repair does not change any of the settings in the saved game folder so if your error is in there you will have to find it and fix it or figure out which folder it is in and delete the folder, recreate it and run the game and the game will reload that folder with the correct info. That was the solution to my problem. Just make sure you are working in the saved games folder and not your main install folder, update/repair will fix that one. Hope this helps.

Edited by Pinefang
Added additional info

Thanks guys,

I did try some mods such as the HUD / COCKPIT , but they didn't seem to work for me, ie aircraft was like an advert for orange, lol.

I've uninstalled again and sent a msg to DCS Support, I will look at what you guys have written and see if any of it works for me,

Much Appreciated

Where did you make the adjustments for the HUD / Cockpit mod? Was it in the install folder or the Saved Game folder. It sounds like when it didn't work for you and you tried to change it back that one of the adjustments did not get changed back to its original setting and since you have repaired the installation my guess is that the culprit is in the saved games folder. Find the folder and correct the adjustment or delete the folder and recreate it, reload your game and it should be fine. But again delete folders only in the Saved Game/DCS.

Edited by Pinefang
added " /" dcs to instructions

The only folder in my saved games that has been added is the skins folder belonging to the virtual squadron that I'm a member of.

I've deleted that, but is it safe to delete all the files in the saved games folder ?

I've just tried to run SP again and it gets as far as letting me choose a trk, ie east Georgia then it just dissapears, normally you get the icon remaining at the bottom of the screen,

Multiplayer is fine , no problems there

Don't delete all of the files in the Saved Games Folder. It contains all of your saved controller assignments data, options in the game and many other files that have been modified from the original download. I would go into the Saved Games/DCS folder and one by one rename each folder and recreate it with the original name and start the game, the game will continue to hang until you do this to the correct folder. Once you find that folder you could just use the new one or you can go in and try and find what got changed and fix it.

Hi guys,

I have tried everything , Uninstalled / reinstalled 6 times now,

Deleted saved games folder and reinstalled saved games folder,

Multiplayer is still good to go.

once I click on the grey SP Icon I can only get as far as the attached pic and then it just goes right back to desktop.

I've made sure my runtimes are all updated , the thing thats really bugging me the most is that it was working fine on Tues night, by wed morning it didn't want to know.

I'm still waiting to hear back from DCS

any ideas ?

thanks

Screen_140613_151042.thumb.jpg.fd7d125c7cc65b1eee7896c8b511a10c.jpg

Finally got it sorted guys, I uninstalled everything to do with DCS, then reinstalled and went into my NVIDIA graphics 3D settings and made the game run from the NVIDIA card as opposed to the internal graphics, that did it

Many thanks to all who replyed with help and ideas