Keys and Steam question.

I've got A-10A key from ED shop, it's from almost one year ago. I have activated it on Steam but recently I have bought whole FC3 package from ED shop. I would like to give this key away to some random guy so it's no longer showing in module manager. Problem is that it's tied to Steam, so even if I unbind it. I'm still "owning" it. Can this particular key be removed from Steam ?

Sorry for crappy english, I wasn't practicing it for a while.

I've got A-10A key from ED shop, it's from almost one year ago. I have activated it on Steam but recently I have bought whole FC3 package from ED shop. I would like to give this key away to some random guy so it's no longer showing in module manager. Problem is that it's tied to Steam, so even if I unbind it. I'm still "owning" it. Can this particular key be removed from Steam ?

Sorry for crappy english, I wasn't practicing it for a while.

I don't know how Steam works outside of the US, but here we cannot give away Steam keys that we have purchased for ourselves. The only way they can be given away is if they were purchased as a gift in the first place.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't know how Steam works outside of the US, but here we cannot give away Steam keys that we have purchased for ourselves. The only way they can be given away is if they were purchased as a gift in the first place.

I meant that I want my Steam key removed so I can freely unbind it from ED account.

I meant that I want my Steam key removed so I can freely unbind it from ED account.

You can unbind it from your ED account now, but you can't remove it from your Steam account.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah but then I still "own" it on Steam, even if someone else has it activated on his PC.

Yup. Unless Steam changes the rules you will own it forever.

I have dozens of Steam keys that I wish I could give away.

So the only way to give it away for good is to get banned from Steam, well.

I imagine that would work. :)

It depends very much on your location. You can always contact Steam support about this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It depends very much on your location. You can always contact Steam support about this.

Will do, I'm not expecting miracles though.

Edit. Done, I hope they won't force me to preorder HL3 for that.

Edited by Pepec9124

I asked them (Valve) if they can remove my key or ban this key. I also mentioned that I don't want this key to be working on steam. This is the reply:

Hello,

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Steam game subscriptions, CD keys, and redeemed gifts are non-transferable and cannot be reset or moved between Steam accounts.

We will be unable to transfer this game to another account. You must be logged in to the original account it was registered to in order to play the game.

Similarly, accounts cannot be merged"

This feels like stupid bot asking the question...

Chances are very small they do something for a 'gaming customer'.

But, if you can make support escalate your problem to (top)management and highlight unlawful practises (&terms) from Valve EU with your national laws, you might have a chance. ;)

Goodluck!

Chances are very small they do something for a 'gaming customer'.

But, if you can make support escalate your problem to (top)management and highlight unlawful practises (&terms) from Valve EU with your national laws, you might have a chance. ;)

Goodluck!

I will try again, It really feels like I'm talking to a wall. :huh:

Steam doesnt move licenses, that's always been their policy.

The only thing that will help you is that DCS License Keys are simply stored in Steam and used to download the module (Basically Steam's Module Manager).

DCS Licenses are still managed by Starforce Proactive.

So if I wanted to I Can de-activate the licenses using Starforce Protect Application,

Uninstall DCS from Steam, and use the Keys elsewhere. (on another PC, etc).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Steam doesnt move licenses, that's always been their policy.

...in the US, where they can get away with it.

I asked them (Valve) if they can remove my key or ban this key. I also mentioned that I don't want this key to be working on steam. This is the reply:

Hello,

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Steam game subscriptions, CD keys, and redeemed gifts are non-transferable and cannot be reset or moved between Steam accounts.

We will be unable to transfer this game to another account. You must be logged in to the original account it was registered to in order to play the game.

Similarly, accounts cannot be merged"

This feels like stupid bot asking the question...

In the EU they are legally required to do so! You own the licence and a similar case from Oracle against a business customer had a nice precedence. The owner may transfer his license, even if the software is a download. The same applies as if you had bought a DVD Game in a shop.

Hope people learn from these unfair business practices! I never bought anything through steam nor do I plan in the future.

Anyone want an original "Cliffs of Dover" DVD??? Not installed yet, after I found out steam is required...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the EU they are legally required to do so! You own the licence and a similar case from Oracle against a business customer had a nice precedence. The owner may transfer his license, even if the software is a download. The same applies as if you had bought a DVD Game in a shop.

Hope people learn from these unfair business practices! I never bought anything through steam nor do I plan in the future.

Anyone want an original "Cliffs of Dover" DVD??? Not installed yet, after I found out steam is required...

Well thing is, we have crappy laws in Poland. There is no such thing as precedence here :noexpression:

My biggest concern with Steam is that they are advertising themselves as a small buisness while it's corporation with all screw consumers behind it.

Well thing is, we have crappy laws in Poland. There is no such thing as precedence here :noexpression:

My biggest concern with Steam is that they are advertising themselves as a small buisness while it's corporation with all screw consumers behind it.

Poland is a EU member state. I'm quite shure that was a european court decision, which should apply to all EU countries. Ok, Steam won't like it, but it may apply to them as well! I'll try to find some reference... was a while ago.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat

Ask Steam if they kindly release or transfer your license and hint to this EU court decision, that they must be aware of. Under EU law there EULA on the transfer / resale is not valid so they would of course comply with EU law. Give them a chance to comply... If they still resist point out you would be forced to take legal steps (involve a lawyer and a court) to enforce your legal rights! As the European court already decided on that they have an immense risk to lose and pay the whole affair... much more than just $12 for a game! ...and don't forget to tell others. Warn about Valves business model etc. People are free to decide, but need knowledge to make an educated decision. Hope this works for you...

Shagrat