weird trigger behavior

i have a simple trigger to alert a coalition that enemies are attacking an airfield.

Switched Condition -> part of coalition in zone (Red, blue af) -> sound to blue (Siren,ogg) + Message to blue (attention, enemies are attacking our airbase.)

The problem is that the trigger above fires any time a new member of the blue coalition joins teh MP session and spawns into an aircraft.

known bug?

""This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

oh blimey... I fixed that sometime ago and deleted the broken one. I think that all you need to do is to select the relevant bases in the mission editor and select the relevant coalition for it to belong to. I think that if you don't, it sees it as a switched condition each time an aircraft joins.

Also, you might want to set a flag to on when an a/c is in a zone and the same flag to off when out of the zone. This way you can use increase flag to repeat the message periodically if required. The airfield will still need to have its ownership designated tho or same will happen.

Edited by FubarBundy
forgot to mention...

yeah - I'm looking for an alert each time the af airspace is invaded.

That said - I'll be thrilled if it was the af alignment that was out... i'd be surprised i missed that though... don't the airfields default to the units posted there? I have blue spawning there and a bunch o AAA....

At work now and will check when i get home.

You can see the mission in question on the Dogs of War server... its called Knuckle Blood version 2.5

another weird one.

AWACS is not responding in MP. We make a request once and they will answer and then never again. Actually one report is suggesting that making the awacs call is resulting in the awacs unit exploding.

Has this been reported? I can't find evidence of it.

yeah - I'm looking for an alert each time the af airspace is invaded.

That said - I'll be thrilled if it was the af alignment that was out... i'd be surprised i missed that though... don't the airfields default to the units posted there? I have blue spawning there and a bunch o AAA....

At work now and will check when i get home.

You can see the mission in question on the Dogs of War server... its called Knuckle Blood version 2.5

NOPE... i just cheked the .miz. the airfields are appropriate..

wierd.