now that ED is doing it, why not make the 1free flyable the tf51?

the title says it all...i really hope ED can still make this project a success out of this mess Luthier had left behind...

so why not make the TF51 the one free flyable for dcswwii?i know there are no guns, but still its a p51 and can be used to have a look at the sim for free.watch the edge normandy map, and get used to the well advanced flight model.

i always felt, that even making one of the announced planes a free flyable for everybody was a total loss.even more so as those announced types are all definitely "everybody's favorites" which will sell very good...not to mention the insane idea by this lunatic to make all planes for free at the intial kickstarter...:doh:

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ED should manage their giveaways a bit more carefully. Granted we have no idea of ED's cost structure, but recent info from Wags proves our hunch that making a single DCS aircraft or FC level aircraft costs a lot of money. (120K give or take probably even for the F-15C PFM alone). Now with all the deep promises from the kickstarter, it makes me wonder if ED can afford to give away so many aircraft at such a "loss".

This is just out of concern for ED. I want them to be in business for a long long time till the time of my grandchildren so that I can show them...."look...this is how grandpa used to behave like a geek and learn how to fly military aircraft in his computer chair." :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yeah making an unarmed trainer free would be a good idea to get people into it.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

+1

I don't think ED is legally obligated to take over anything from Kickstarter. Each backer has a contract with Mr. Shevchenko only. Many of his promises were out of touch with reality. No need to follow this path.

MAC

P.S.: I appreciate though that ED has assumed moral responsibility (rightly so, since they endorsed the KS) and does not only continue to develop WWII aircraft, but will also honor Kickstarter rewards.

Yeah making an unarmed trainer free would be a good idea to get people into it.

+1 (unless you WEREN'T being sarcastic....)

Giving people an unarmed trainer in order to entice them into a WWII COMBAT simulator is getting the whole thing arse backwards. Anyone keen enough to be impressed soley by the quality of the flight dynamics and system modelling is likely to be already invested in it, or will buy in anyway when there is a WWII environment.

To capture the imagination of someone who is not already sat there with TrackIR at the ready, salivating at the thought of DCS WWII, you need to let them enact at least some small part of their pew pew fantasies (which, let's be honest, we all have to some degree). Flying round being shot at by the AI and not being able to respond is just going to piss people off.

Although the P-51 (full fat) is arguably the natural candidate, most existing fans have bought it (less lost sales), and the P-51 is the very definition of crowd pleaser for the more casual simmer.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Interesting idea ... and what a happy coincidence that it happened that ED just had released a free plane like the TF-51D. Hehe :smilewink:

DCS WWII "Sneak Peak" - free base install DCS:W + free TF-51D: 0 USD

DCS WWII "Axis" - free DCS:W + DCS "Axis Pack" (Fw 190, Bf 109, Me 262)

DCS WWII "Allies" - free DCS:W + DCS "Allies Pack" (P 51, P 47, Spitfire)

DCS WWII "Total War" - free DCS:W + DCS "Allies" + DCS "Axis"

:thumbup:

I think they should give people extra free aircraft. Im ok if it's no weapon variant though so people can enjoy one free allies and one free axis fighter + honor original kickstarter.

Edit:

I get every plane with my kicking so there is no agenda in this post so I could get one extra plane. :)

Edited by siipperi

Great idea David.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

well i dont know whether this would contradict any kickstarter rules, but i thought that this would actually not take away anything from the backers, and as its free already it wouldnt take away anthing from ED.

whether the TF51 is historical accurate for that time period...i couldnt give a rats a.. about it. its FREE, and people should appreciate the fact that there is even one, not to mention two free flyables with a free map and by then probably two maps(normandy),offline and online play unlimited.what else need those people to decide whether they like the sim?want guns?buy a plane!

of course just my view, and i think the discussion about it is interesting.

i dont know, would a poll make any sense?

DCS WWII "Total War"

I spilled my coffee, thanks. :D

Something tells me if such a package will exist it will certainly not be named that way...

As for the free plane.... I think the P-51D would do. I agree that the TF-51D would be kinda disappointing for new users.

But I don't see why there should be a free plane at all, TBH. Because if you want to fly free planes just install the completely free normal DCSW and test the Su-25T and the TF-51D.

There is one MAJOR reason I love this idea, David.

This may not concern guys that never venture to the MP side but I believe that one great saving grace so far has been the fact that a person had to own the P-51D to join our combat server and participate in the combat part. And I feel that the steam integration opened the doors to a potential server abuse disaster. Since we all have to administer our public servers on a case by case basis there is a potential problem waiting in the shadows here. Call me jaded in my old age, but people WILL act stupid on servers if they have nothing to lose. Getting banned from a server when you have invested nothing, is a weak deterrant. Unless there is some other plan to prevent this, I predict we will see a huge spike in teamkilling behavior and individuals who simply enjoy annoying and irritating those who have invested a lot of time and energy into this passion. I really want to avoid locking down our server for as long as possible and I hope some serious thought has been put into this before actions are taken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I spilled my coffee, thanks. :D

Something tells me if such a package will exist it will certainly not be named that way...

As for the free plane.... I think the P-51D would do. I agree that the TF-51D would be kinda disappointing for new users.

But I don't see why there should be a free plane at all, TBH. Because if you want to fly free planes just install the completely free normal DCSW and test the Su-25T and the TF-51D.

well, as dcswwii and dcs world will very likely be cross combatible, i guess thats exactly what im saying.the tf51 is here for free anyway, so i assume it will be in dcswwii...

Text

I have yet to see any major increase of abusers because of Steam in DCS World. There has been always couple of people every now and then, even before f2p and these people normally been playing fc3 not full blown clickpit planes.

Tbh. I saw a lot more server grieffers in lomac than in dcs world.

I was actually thinking about the same thing the other day. It doesn't even make sense to have one more free aircraft.

In fact, it's a real possibility ED made the TF-51 as part of the DCSWW2 transition to ED, and this was their plan all along.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I have yet to see any major increase of abusers because of Steam in DCS World. There has been always couple of people every now and then, even before f2p and these people normally been playing fc3 not full blown clickpit planes.

Tbh. I saw a lot more server grieffers in lomac than in dcs world.

I'm talking about potential problems going forward. You are right, the complexity of DCS does offer it's own type of deterrence. However, an air start WWII aircraft is fairly easy to fly towards a friendly and inflict damage. It has happend on occasion already and Steam does offer the easiest avenue.

Just voicing my personal concerns. I'd also like ED to get paid for their hard work. Giving away a full fledged WWII masterpiece for free never felt right to me anyways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
really sith?it was the first thing which immediately came to my mind when ED announced the TF51....back then i felt no need to post this suggestion/question, as well, in the backers section there wasnt anything going on...

mh, so should i set up a poll for this in the op?

I guess I always had my heart set on a WWII Trainer... I got tunnel vision :)

118697206.336.255.jpg

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I guess I always had my heart set on a WWII Trainer... I got tunnel vision :)

Since when did pilots in WW2 start their training in a TF-51?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:)

now how shall i set up a poll which isnt one sided from the beginning...?

EDIT: i dont know, but in the current situation, the one thing i want to see is, that DCS WWII is going to be a success...not for us backers, but for ED a financial one.cause that would mean a bright future for us...i understand that a wwii trainer on either side btw, would be awesome to have, but we know how expensive, time intensive it is to create those planes...would they be able to create 20+planes within a year without any trouble then i would say yes do it now...but right now, i wouldnt want to see ED using their resources on such stuff which will hardly be commercial successfull....skip that tunnel vision that it has to be 100% historical accurate for the guys who dont want to spend money on the project, or the guys who havent heard about DCS earlier...make this a success...and we all will benefit from it.that means, let the people pay for guns and 100% historical accuracy.

EDITEDIT: btw, what use do those guns serve on a p51 for new pilots on their first few flights?none at all i would say, as we all know, that they will only help to increase the chance that they will end up as a big fireball on their failing take off attempts.