ALT+C is not working...again

Hi,

first let me apologize for abusing this forum. I'm not here very often and also only fly in DCS occasionally.

My biggest issue with DCS World is, whenever I feel like flying around in a chopper. I pretty much get slapped in the face because ALT+C isn't working for me. Kinda spoils the fun for me, since I'm depending on this feature a lot.

So, the problem I'm having is this. When activating ALT+C and trying to move the mouse to look around in the cockpit the view immediately snaps back to center, which makes it impossible to look around.

What can I do to fix this? Please help. I need to fly. Now! :pilotfly:

P.S. I noticed that DCS recognizes game controllers which are pretty much useless in a flight sim, such as G25 steering wheel or Fanatec pedals. Whereas the pedals might be useful for some the G25 sure is not. Why is DCS even bothered to list a steering wheel?

Edited by Icarus1976

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

You don't use TrackIR, don't you? I know this effect only if I try to use mouse look and TrackIR together to look around - and TrackIR then ususally wins :o)

Regarding the devices: DCS allows you to use whatever USB gaming input devices you may have, it doesn't care if those are "meant" to be used for a flight sim. This way you can even use some fancy I/O boards that simulate a joystick to build your own sim cockpit.

Thanks Flagrum.

I just found out that when I delete the headtracker category in the settings it works flawlessly.

DCS allows you to use whatever USB gaming input devices you may have, it doesn't care if those are "meant" to be used for a flight sim. This way you can even use some fancy I/O boards that simulate a joystick to build your own sim cockpit.

That makes perfect sense then.

Thank you again. I'll be flying now...and probably crashing very soon. Business as usual for me in the DCS World. ;)

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

Hi,

first let me apologize for abusing this forum. I'm not here very often and also only fly in DCS occasionally.

My biggest issue with DCS World is, whenever I feel like flying around in a chopper. I pretty much get slapped in the face because ALT+C isn't working for me. Kinda spoils the fun for me, since I'm depending on this feature a lot.

So, the problem I'm having is this. When activating ALT+C and trying to move the mouse to look around in the cockpit the view immediately snaps back to center, which makes it impossible to look around.

What can I do to fix this? Please help. I need to fly. Now! :pilotfly:

P.S. I noticed that DCS recognizes game controllers which are pretty much useless in a flight sim, such as G25 steering wheel or Fanatec pedals. Whereas the pedals might be useful for some the G25 sure is not. Why is DCS even bothered to list a steering wheel?

I'll answer the 2nd part first. Due to advancements in Combined Arms, you can use the steering wheel to drive the hummers, trucks etc etc. In fact using the wheel will probably allow you to reverse parallel park in tight areas of the base. Or angle park for that matter much easier than using the keyboard.

As for Left ALT + C, what Flagrum has stated

Thanks Flagrum.

I just found out that when I delete the headtracker category in the settings it works flawlessly.

That makes perfect sense then.

Thank you again. I'll be flying now...and probably crashing very soon. Business as usual for me in the DCS World. ;)

So, you actually HAVE TrackIR? Otherwise you would not have anything mapped to it as you would not even see it in the control mapping window.

Then, why don't you use TrackIR to look around instead of using the mouse look feature? :huh: