Thrustmaster HOTAS Problem

All of a sudden my Thrustmaster Joystick does not work....

My computer is seeing the HOTAS in my "Devices & printers" but it is not allowing me to set it as a game controller. Human interface device (HID)

zw2S5TS.png

Also if I look at properties of the Joystick in the devices and printers page it says "This device is working properly'

HDF2Nyn.png

I am getting an error in my device manager that says "Universal serial bus (USB) controller" Notice my joystick now says "Bulk"

99HSdpO.png

When I look at that error it states "The drivers for this device are not installed" Code 28 and no further info. When I try to update it says it cannot find an update online.

0k5LhPk.png

When I use the Thrustmaster updater I also get an error.

2rTwg6A.png

I installed the latest driver from Thrustmaster. HOTAS Warthog - 2014_TMWH_1 package 2014-02-18

I did a few computer reboots as well as updates from DELL and Microsoft. Still nothing...

Any ideas???

Edited by Mike Busutil

Uninstall the HOTAS, shutdown and unplug the HOTAS and reboot.

Check if the Yellow Bangs listed in screenie (1) and the ? in screenie (3) for the USB Controller appears after rebooting.. if it does, you'll need to sort that out first. Looks like your laptop (Icon) and Officejet are showing problems too.

Try again, this time running the driver package first - plug the stick in when asked, then run the firmware updater

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

There may be some USB driver issues. Try first using the hotas on a different computer and see if it works. If it does, you can then trouble shoot your main pc. You might try formatting/reinstalling the motherboard/chipset drivers/usb3 drivers.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I disconnected all USB's, shutdown and rebooted. I am still showing the Yellow alert in the device manager that says "Universal serial bus (USB) controller" (Drivers not installed).

I also tried to connect my HOTAS Joystick into another computer to see if it will come up. No good there either. Same issue...

Then search thurstmaster support...there should be a firmware recovery tool or something. If anything email thrustmaster, they are helpful and can help fix this issue. But remember you have an underlying issue with your pc...you need to try to fix it first.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

yes, make sure the PC is running properly first...

from TM support FAQ's

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00140.pdf

this might display a pdf error saying there is a problem processing a page, but it does load if you let it, except for the important first page... save it (the pdf) to your pc and open it from there, the pdf displays intact.

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

I ran that procedure but I am unable to get passed page 8. I am not able to update the firmware because it does not see a connection... (Screenshot 5 in my first post) I am trying to figure out the computer issue now.

I had major USB dropout problem after a windows and DCS update about a month or so ago.

The system had worked perfectly before that.

The drop outs always happened and I had to reboot the computer each time in order to re-connect to the device that dropped out.

I downloaded the latest drivers from my motherboard manufacturer and installed the new drivers, especially USB drivers.

I also Flashed the Bios.

Seems ok now....... but it may only seem ok.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I got the computer errors corrected and are no longer reporting a bad driver.

bp0NsHz.png

jiFxSIf.png

Now my issue is my HOTAS joystick is not being recognized as a game controller....

I am still getting this error when I use the Thrustmaster updater.

scMxdIK.png

Edited by Mike Busutil

Mike this happened to me. RMA was the answer for me. The only difference between your error is that you no longer have the bulk contoller, but the HID timed out is the same.

Is it still in warranty? When I eventually sent mine back to canada with RMA it was returned to the uk in a week

Good luck its soo frustrating:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

email thrustmaster. Don't worry...they have great support. They fixed my throttle and sent it back in a prompt manner. Even offered me a choice of instructions etc to fix it myself. Perhaps they will send u some tool to clearly rescue the firmware which has been corrupted on ur stick.

Glad to hear Mike.

But please don't leave it there! To help others in the future.....

..what exactly did you take apart?....The joystick? ..and which wire was broken eg: colour and finally why do you think it broke?

Cheers....it all helps the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

First I made sure I did not have any driver or software issues with my computer while all USB's were disconnected. Then I tested my TM HOTAS on another computer, it did not work on the other computer which pointed at a joystick problem.

I removed the handle from the base and inspected the pins on the bottom of the handle, they looked good. (Without taking the handle apart)

I then looked at the plug on the base where the handle pins go into, since I could not tell if anything was wrong with the base plug just by looking at it, I took the base apart.

Once inside I could see the base plug and the wires behind it. I noticed the black ground wire was no longer connected.

A quick soldering job on the wire fixed the broken wire but then I noticed the plug in the base where the handle plugs into looked low, as if the pins would not seat in all the way. I was able to push the base connector up a little bit so the controller had a good connection with the pins. I then tried the Thrustmaster firmware updater, this time with success.

I believe at some point my wife plugged my controller handle into the base and screwed it down while the control stick was backwards... This caused the lower port to get pressed into the base and not have connectivity with the handle.

Edited by Mike Busutil

Glad you're up and running

-