Anyone using R9 280X mind giving any comment?

I'm about to get one 280X for DCS as its discount due to recent devaluation of BIT-coin.

Anyone using or used this kind of video card mind giving any comments on it, like the FPS of the DCS, the color display,etc?:helpsmilie:

I'm about to get one 280X for DCS as its discount due to recent devaluation of BIT-coin.

Anyone using or used this kind of video card mind giving any comments on it, like the FPS of the DCS, the color display,etc?:helpsmilie:

Make sure you install the very latest Catalyst 14.6 display drivers with this card to get the best out of DCS - btw this should be in the tech section of forum ;)

Edited by Mustang

Make sure you install the very latest Catalyst 14.6 display drivers with this card to get the best out of DCS - btw this should be in the tech section of forum ;)

thank you for your recommendation and remind

Would you mind telling me the FPS of DCS in totally high effects or half high effects with 280X?

R9-280X is the same Chip as the HD7970 :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Its alright :) performance varies from vendors. MSI and GIGABYTE (REV 2!) are the best imho.

I see rare dips below 50. Even on a10c with both MFDS in mav and A-G modes on, most settings maxed out with extreme visibility mod

Its alright :) performance varies from vendors. MSI and GIGABYTE (REV 2!) are the best imho.

I see rare dips below 50. Even on a10c with both MFDS in mav and A-G modes on, most settings maxed out with extreme visibility mod

For Tahiti Based GPUs, Going by Cooling, Performance and I/O

The MSI Lightning is The best.

ASUS DCII Behind it.

Gigabyte Windforce in third

in Cooling/Performance.

the 280X Versions doing use the same coolers as the 7970s, MSI's 280X may use the same Shroud and Fans, but it doesnt use the same VRM Array, Memory Chips or Cooling Plate.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I`m using Sapphire Tri-X factory OC 280X

Without mods and all settings to highest and no traffic @ 1920X1200 im getting (with A10C):

~40 on the runway

~50 in the air

~60 in external view (F2)

with mods (HDR, very high visibility range , better ground textures etc...) the frames are lower but the game still feels pretty smooth.

i chose 280X over the 770GTX because its faster in every other game, and i`m sure with EDGE it will overtake it in DCS as well.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Without mods and all settings to highest and no traffic @ 1920X1200 im getting (with A10C):

~40 on the runway

~50 in the air

with mods (HDR, very high visibility range , better ground textures etc...) the frames are lower but the game still feels pretty smooth.

i chose 280X over the 770GTX because its faster in every other game, and i`m sure with EDGE it will overtake it in DCS as well.

Yea pretty much same with my Dual-x 280x with a bit of overclock.

~40 on the runway

~50 in the air

Now, i have changed my graphic card into R9 280X and my cpu is FX6350. Other then that, i've update the driver to catalyst 14.6 beta. However, i've got FPS only about 13 when all the effects are high, and 20 when the effects are medium. Would you mind telling me about how to solve this problem.