Campaign Mission 1?

So after spending a large number of hours learning this beast, I decided to give the campaign a shot.

At first, I couldn't work out whether I was supposed to land at all my waypoints past Tchinvali, or not. The New Zealand guy in the cockpit didn't say anything about it, but it did in the briefing. So just to be sure, I landed at the 2nd base, and the mountain outpost before returning to Java and shutting down. There was no dialogue past the point of approaching the second Russian FARP, and when I exited the mission after the shutdown, it said I had failed. I even flew the mission 3 or 4 times to be sure.

If I am doing the mission wrong, flying the Mi-8 wrong, or it's a bug, please let me know.

Thanks!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Hi guys.

You have to carefully read the briefings and refer to a map, when You are lost. You will have to be more self-reliant in later missions and Your pilot-navigator will not tell You about every move.

Sometimes it's a bug in the trigger of the event, but I'm sure this is not the case.

Heading is a little off the Leningor (if I remember right), but nothing dramatical. When You get south of Leningor, just turn heading 0 and when You will approach it, the trigger will start another dialog. At first I thought I have to land directly at Leningor, but then I found out, You must land near that little building with a few trucks around near the river south of Leningor.

One tip: Don't land between the building and the river. Ground detection and detection of a water surface are blending really badly there, so it's better to put it north, east or south of the building. :-)

Edited by Rabbit_
  • Like 1

Hah yeah I wondered what a kiwi was doing flying for the Red Army ;) Probably because Helen Clark retired all our Skyhawks lol

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5