ME Mods

ME_MODS: Enhancements to the the Mission Editor

ME_MODS_SCRN.thumb.JPG.0e256bdc34a4e1aecaa6ef7f6b5e82f6.JPG

I've had this mod working for a while now, and I thought I would share it with the community.

Enjoy!

Edit: I should add that the unhide feature sometimes takes several long seconds to complete. Don't get antsy.:)

ME_MODS

by 159th_Ajax

Latest version: 1.10.1

Inspired by Blindspot's ME mod for FC2, this mod adds extra functionality to the Mission Editor's Units List panel. See feature list below.

To install, unzip the file and merge into the DCS folder tree. (Backup files are also included in zip file.)

Version History

v1.2 - Minor bug fix.

v1.3 - Added display columns for bort#, skin name, and pilot/unit name on Unit List panel. Note that these are unit characteristics but each row represents a group. Therefore bort, skin, and pilot/unit name refer to the first unit in each group.

v1.4 - Allows resequencing borts, renaming units, reassigning Eastern callsigns, and running Lua script. Option file implemented.

v1.5 - Reworked for DCSW 1.2.4.

v1.6 - Reworked for DCSW 1.2.6.

v1.6.1 - Compressed button size to fit smaller screens. No functional changes.

v1.7 - Reworked for DCSW 1.2.7. Special.lua file contains script to: 1) set skins, 2) reassign borked Ka-50 freq., and 3) set mission options. Configurable by editing Special.lua. Commentary inside of file. Zip file contains backups of DCS files--just unzip and merge folders.

v1.8 - Reworked for DCSW 1.2.8. + OpenBeta. Zip file contains backups of DCS files--just unzip and merge folders.

v1.9 - Reworked for DCSW 1.5

v1.9.1 - Reworked for DCSW 1.5.2

v1.9.2 - Reworked for DCSW 1.5.7

v1.10.1 - Reworked for DCSW 2.5.5 Disabled FixBorts function.

Features List

* Show/hide/toggle units (New buttons)

Operates on filtered list in Units List pane

* Displays new columns in Units List pane:

Bort number

Skin

Unit name

Disabled * Resequences Borts (New button)

Linearly within coalition

Linearly within each aircraft type

Starting numbers for each type configurable

* Renames units within groups (New button)

Group name + sequence number

Format rules configurable

Non-flyables only or all units

* Launch Lua script file from within the Mission Editor (New button)

Hot compiled -- ME restart not required -- provides a hook into the ME for those who like to tinker with Lua.

Behavior set in me_mods_options.lua file

Provided functions:

Print (to log file) coalitions list -- countries, unit/group counts, etc. (off by default)

Print (to log file) groups summary list -- coalition, country, group name, skin, etc. (off by default)

Print (to log file) units list -- same + unit info (off by default)

Print (to log file) air defense units sorted by location N to S

Reassign Eastern callsigns (on by default)

Set mission options (edit special.lua to change; on by default)

Set radio frequency of all client Ka-50s (edit special.lua to change; on by default)

Set clients' skins (+ IL-78M and A-50) in a given coalition to specified skins (edit special.lua to change; on by default)

See comments in special.lua and me_mods_options.lua for more information

ME_Mods.zip

ME_Mods_DCS_1_5.zip

ME_Mods_DCS_1.5.2.zip

ME_Mods_DCS_1.5.7.zip

ME_Mods_DCS_2.5.5.zip

Edited by ajax
  • Like 3

There's more than a few prayers answered by your download Ajax, thank you!!

Especially the show/hide toggle and skins info so you don't have to go into loadouts to see if you have the skins right. The lua launcher sounds like something I'm going to love too.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Thanks, Stonehouse.

Especially the show/hide toggle and skins info so you don't have to go into loadouts to see if you have the skins right. The lua launcher sounds like something I'm going to love too.

Exactly. These were the things that annoyed me the most, so I did something about it.

I tried to duplicate Blindspot's 'change coalition' feature, but I was never able to get the coalition dialog to come up. Maybe someone can offer ideas.

This mod only works for 1.2.8 and openbeta. The changes from previous versions were slight, so if anyone needs a version for 1.2.7, let me know.

Holy cow Ajax... nice work (again!) It took me a couple of times to read through it to realize what each thing signified as a mission editor- but yes, so many of those things are convenience items that I've just learned to work through.

I'm sure it'll take me a couple times in the ME to fully appreciate these functions-

Anything else in the Mission Editor Wishlist that you're plugging away at (other than the change coalition feature you mentioned- which, btw, would be enormously helpful).

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Anything else in the Mission Editor Wishlist that you're plugging away at (other than the change coalition feature you mentioned- which, btw, would be enormously helpful).

TBH I haven't been following the wish list thread. There one thing that I've been trying to do but haven't made much progress, and that is: I want to have a function that automatically reads in each miz file in a given folder and resaves it under the current version. I'm having trouble calling the built in unzip routine though.

You are Mission Editor community hero, downloading!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

This is *awesome* !!! (yes, 3 =))

Thank you so much :beer:

I was in the process of making something similar (exactly the same, actually), but I went for an external application, your method is way nicer.

Billions of kudos to you, sir !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want it or need it, add this code to line 501 in special.lua to incorporate the newest mission option, Cockpit Visual Recon Mode:

-- mOptions.cockpitVisualRM = true -- also set to un-forced

The mod is broken fairly often by updates, so I'll wait to include it in the next file upload.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the 1.5 update Ajax, any possibility on incorporating a change coalition option for missions set up before 1.5. The old coalition change mod does not work with 1.5.

That would be awesome, I think Grimes is up to his neck in work right now.

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

My first priority right now is working with Panzertard and others trying to get ServMan up and running with 1.5. After that I will contact Grimes to see if it's okay to merge his mod into mine or vice-versa. Then it will be a matter of seeing what changed in the ME.

My first priority right now is working with Panzertard and others trying to get ServMan up and running with 1.5. After that I will contact Grimes to see if it's okay to merge his mod into mine or vice-versa. Then it will be a matter of seeing what changed in the ME.

:thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got it working in 1.5.2, thanks :)

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer