Help!!!

lumpy1968

There's no direct way to do it as far as I know. What a lot of people do is save a track file of their mission up to the point where they stopped. Then, when they want to resume the mission, they play the track file in fast forward nearly up to the end and then take control. I don't think track files are 100% reliable though.

As said above, the game does not support a Save Game feature.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which is a total lack of realism, in my opinion :music_whistling:

LOL Now that's a good one!

A10c over Bagdad took a time out for a quickie. War will resume at 9:00pm CST.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hey, i think a quick save would be good for this game. it allows people who dont have much time to even attempt long campaigns. if a game can be paused it can be quick saved. or even if it had checkpoints in the form of landing at a friendly airstrip.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

This game is very good in MP, into advanced scenarii, coop and/or PvP, and pause is just not an option. There are also less interesting solo missions for people who want to play solo, anyway, if you want to fight in a very limited time-slot, just create a short mission in 3 min. with the editor and tune your play-time as required...

For sure you don't play a realistic simulator the way you do with BF4, shooting a few guys during your free 15 min. before lunch, and stopping it whenever you want. Why ??? Because real-life Warthog pilots cannot leave the stick to join mum in the kitchen. And BF4 allows it because it is not a realistic simulator.

Edited by galevsky06

This game is very good in MP, into advanced scenarii, coop and/or PvP, and pause is just not an option. There are also less interesting solo missions for people who want to play solo, anyway, if you want to fight in a very limited time-slot, just create a short mission in 3 min. with the editor and tune your play-time as required...

For sure you don't play a realistic simulator the way you do with BF4, shooting a few guys during your free 15 min. before lunch, and stopping it whenever you want. Why ??? Because real-life Warthog pilots cannot leave the stick to join mum in the kitchen. And BF4 allows it because it is not a realistic simulator.

Yes, I've known for a long time you cant pause a live multi-player in typical scenarios, but you actually can pause/ quick save them(example: arma 2/3). Your opinion that single player scenarios are not interesting is, well your opinion. Real A-10 pilots don't need to leave the stick because they've prepared for the mission in terms of food, and don't need to leave for work because... they're already at work.

I don't even know you're comparing it to BF4. i never mentioned the need for quick multi-player matches, the game already make that possible for mission creators.

I don't know why you keep saying the game shouldn't add pause, when it already has it. i can already leave the stick for 15 minutes under SIM difficulty, im just saying that quick save is no less realistic than pause, fast forward, slow mo, f10 map for sp. what matters is that for the time you are flying the aircraft is when its realistic.

If you're looking for realism, next time you crash or damage your plane, tell yourself not to play again for a few days to simulate death, capture, injury, investigation, or any other reason that takes more than 1 minute to get behind the controls of a readily armed and fueled a-10.

Edited by benargee
spellz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

Yes, I've known for a long time you cant pause a live multi-player in typical scenarios, but you actually can pause/ quick save them(example: arma 2/3). Your opinion that single player scenarios are not interesting is, well your opinion.

I said less interesting. IMHO of course.

I don't even know you're comparing it to BF4. i never mentioned the need for quick multi-player matches, the game already make that possible for mission creators.

Not the case if you use DCS fort what it is: simulator. You can jump into quick MP match for games like BF, but cannot do that with DCS...you need to read briefing, take off, inbound to some area, get the SITAC, do your job, come back to home plate.. And at the right moment, I mean with other connected players that suit the mission needs.

I don't know why you keep saying the game shouldn't add pause, when it already has it. i can already leave the stick for 15 minutes under SIM difficulty, im just saying that quick save is no less realistic than pause, fast forward, slow mo, f10 map for sp. what matters is that for the time you are flying the aircraft is when its realistic.
I barely agree with your last point, minus the fact that it is not an important feature and should be low in stack.

My bad for 'pause', I meant save. Can't you exit flight in SP, save track, have a break, then play it to the end with fast forward, and take control ?

If you're looking for realism, next time you crash or damage your plane, tell yourself not to play again for a few days to simulate death, capture, injury, investigation, or any other reason that takes more than 1 minute to get behind the controls of a readily armed and fueled a-10.
No need to wait the next time for me, if I eject/die in the early beginning of the flight, no retab but leave is my rule, you can ask my wing mates. If you retab, you loose the thrill of the mission achievement and simulator becomes just a game like any other.
Edited by galevsky06

I second the *not* saving / restoring mid-flight. In SP, If I really need a break during a long mission, the total pause works fine. Otherwise I'll just have snickers bars and piddle packs stocked at my desk ;-)

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.