ADF navigation - any chance it will become functional?

Hey,

While reading the A10s over Iraq, I found a part about how ADF was used for tracking shot down pilots or was used during night missions to support TACAN in determining the location of other members of the flight. I went straight on to manual and (unfortunately) found that this is not functional in A10C. I tried it nevertheless in a simple mission, and of course it didn't work. However, it seems to be functional for UH-1. So the question is - is there any chance it will become functional in some upcoming versions of DCS World / A10?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Since it is not functional in the real machine, I doubt someone would implement it into this sim. The radio control panels offering "DF" function are used not only in the A-10 and can be used with DF-equipment that isn't equipped in this plane. But here also no instrument is available to display the bearing.

Since it is not functional in the real machine, I doubt someone would implement it into this sim. The radio control panels offering "DF" function are used not only in the A-10 and can be used with DF-equipment that isn't equipped in this plane. But here also no instrument is available to display the bearing.

Hmm... it is not functional in the real A10C, but was in A10A? From what I've read it was used a lot for night flying and CSAR missions...

It is functional in the real aircraft but on the VHF/FM and UHF radios. As suggested in the OP it's used for the CSAR mission rather than navigation.

Some confusion may stem from the fact that the A-10 is not equipped for ADF navigation using permanent NDBs etc.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, TM MFDs, MFG Crosswind, 2X Elgato Steamdeck, Everest Mountain Extreme, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE

It is functional in the real aircraft but on the VHF/FM and UHF radios. As suggested in the OP it's used for the CSAR mission rather than navigation.

Some confusion may stem from the fact that the A-10 is not equipped for ADF navigation using permanent NDBs etc.

Thanks Eddie. I just thought it would be great for all CSAR missions in DCS. It is also covered in manual in description of all the radios, but unfortunately labeled as "non functional". It's not a big things, but would be nice to have for some missions.

Bearing pointer 2 on the HSI. Source selected via the NMSP.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, TM MFDs, MFG Crosswind, 2X Elgato Steamdeck, Everest Mountain Extreme, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE