Same Aircraft on Both Teams

Sceptre

Am I the only one that thinks it's annoying when servers do this?

Here's an example: you are flying along in your Russian flanker on the Russian team when another Flanker flies up beside you and you think nothing of it. Next thing you know he vaporises you with an R-73 and you think you were teamkilled, but it turns out it was a legit kill.

It's the same with F-15s getting spiked by other F-15s on the RWR.

I understand that there really aren't many planes to choose from so the mission designers put them on both sides but it's still annoying. Or perhaps there is a way to tell if the plane is friendly or enemy? IFF doesn't seem to work either. I sometimes get killed by "Friendly" dots on the radar.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

It's more of an issue when you're in the F-15 and then another forms up with you to troll you and then blasts you out of the sky.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

It's more of an issue when you're in the F-15 and then another forms up with you to troll you and then blasts you out of the sky.

If he pulls up next to you to troll you then it won't matter what aircraft it is, you're already dead.

Why would the RWR be a problem, either F-15s are friendly only or both friend and bandit, just adapt. Russian pilots always have to treat all radar spikes as unknown regardless of aircraft.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

It's more of an issue when you're in the F-15 and then another forms up with you to troll you....

Slam on the brakes and he'll fly right by :pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Given how widely exported the Russian aircraft are (the MiG-29 mostly), I don't mind if they're spread everywhere. The F-15 I prefer to be blue exclusive, but it's also a nice change to go F-15 vs F-15 from time to time.

What I don't like is when each team is a mirror of the other for the sake of balance. I'd rather have imbalanced realistic teams that are balanced by position on the map/SAM's/SA, etc.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

No, you're not. IFF in-game works perfectly.

There are really only two possibilities here:

- You are using EOS and you don't know what EOS does no IFF.

- The bandit snuck up to you and you never actually had him on radar.

IFF doesn't seem to work either. I sometimes get killed by "Friendly" dots on the radar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hey, don't feel sad. The same could be said for KAs, and we don't even have IFF, or RWR to begin with. I can't count the amount of time I had to recognise enemy from friendly by the paint scheme of the 10x10 pixels KA displayed on my black and white shkval tv. Reading you complaining that you can't recognise an enemy plane in your RWR, IFF-capable shiny aircraft makes me feel like a hungry beggar listening a rich man bitching about the mediocre quality of his daily caviar :D

• Like 1

Hey, don't feel sad. The same could be said for KAs, and we don't even have IFF, or RWR to begin with. I can't count the amount of time I had to recognise enemy from friendly by the paint scheme of the 10x10 pixels KA displayed on my black and white shkval tv. Reading you complaining that you can't recognise an enemy plane in your RWR, IFF-capable shiny aircraft makes me feel like a hungry beggar listening a rich man bitching about the mediocre quality of his daily caviar :D

I fly all the aircraft, I am somewhat new to FC3 that is why I'm asking a newbie question like this. Thanks for your answers guys. It's not a fault with the game, it's just me being bad. Nothing a bit of practice can't solve.

It's not a fault with the game, it's just me being bad. Nothing a bit of practice can't solve.

It's all down to Situational Awareness my good man.

People who complain about F-15s being on Red, 'Generally' have crap SA and can't deal with the extra workload of having F-15s on Red.

People who have good SA can deal with this very well indeed.... it just takes some practice to get your level of SA up to a good enough standard to understand what is going on around you without getting overloaded, no matter what is painting you.

And yes.... if you let an enemy F-15 join on your aircraft without identifiying him first then your SA is pretty bad at the moment ;)

All comes with time and practice sir!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I prefer the classic eastern equipment vs. western equipment. MIGs and KA-50s are the only things that can be on either side IMO. If I see other aircraft on the wrong side then it's a deal breaker for me and I go do something else.

Slam on the brakes and he'll fly right by :pilotfly:

:lol::megalol::lol::megalol::lol::megalol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

teamspeak is the answer to 99% of all friendly fire situations....hell...with a little teamwork, you may even start winning air engagements...

...crazy talk...

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds