Go home CCRP symbology, you're drunk.

allmhuran

give me that alignment, and I'll put that GBU right in the pickle barrel! :music_whistling:

To all,

I noticed the altitude is 8190, but for CCRP, you need at least 5000 ft alt from the target to get a decent chance of hitting it, right? With this being in the mountain valley, don't like he's above the 5K.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

give me that alignment, and I'll put that GBU right in the pickle barrel! :music_whistling:

To all,

I noticed the altitude is 8190, but for CCRP, you need at least 5000 ft alt from the target to get a decent chance of hitting it, right? With this being in the mountain valley, don't like he's above the 5K.

He is within 2k of the ground, according to his radar alt.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Heck, at that, I'm going to guns! :)

can't really jink in the valley. Make it a Mexican standoff, and gun 'em down! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Looks like a CBU-97, with that sight picture, CCIP would be my delivery method.

Or as Javelina1 pointed go, go gun crazy on that sucker.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

To all,

Sorry, but the amount of contradictions in that statement are too damn high.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

I always thought you needed to be 5K above the target, to allow the GBU (which is what I wanted to use here), to get the laser and target all cool. (using a GBU-12).

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3171145/all/How_to_use_weapons_Picture_gui

as noted in a follow-up thread, I'd go to guns, being in a valley, and no chance to jink....

That's not a "Statement" it is a Question. Hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I always thought you needed to be 5K above the target, to allow the GBU (which is what I wanted to use here), to get the laser and target all cool. (using a GBU-12).

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3171145/all/How_to_use_weapons_Picture_gui

as noted in a follow-up thread, I'd go to guns, being in a valley, and no chance to jink....

Ok, Well thats different, Op is using the CBU-87, not a GBU. you said his alttitude was 8000+ feet, then said he needs to be atleast 5000, although i dont know if either was meant as AGL or MSL. You also kind of worded the end oddly.

You might be right about height for GBU-10/12 but ccrp works the same for LGB and GPB, it tells you when the ballistic path of the bomb intersects with the target. No matter what the laser is alway visible to the seeker towards the bottom of its ballistic path. the higher you are the better chance the bomb has to correct its path.

I actually did some testing awhile ago with the GBU-12/10 using ccip and i was able to glide the bomb down a shallow slope to get greater range from it.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

That's not a "Statement" it is a Question. Hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

was refering to the entire post, not just the question.

Nothing wrong with CCRP in this setting so long as you're on release parameters for the weapon of choice. With the 97 it all really comes down to the HOF. If its appropriately set you can work it at low alt in a valley just fine.

The other thing is CCRP allows for a nice climbing release and the CBU allows for some leeway on the PBIL (in theory perhaps pending another patch) so all in all in a tight spot like this one so long as you're not staring anything worse than AAA in the face CCRP CBU-97 in a climbing release is a pretty favourable situation.

The other thing is CCRP allows a no drama climbout so that you can keep some alt in case of a missile launch and you won't be losing anytime coming out of a dive to get into a jink.

The only other sensible option is C/R CCIP which when facing a stationary target is pointless if you're already on it with your SPI.

The only drama at all is making sure you get lined up on that PBIL as soon as the nearside valley wall widens, which is fine because if you hug the left side you leave more space to SEM to the right. Guns are nice and all but against a clustered stationary target with weak defenses a CBU is a pilot's best friend. Always the goal should be maximum effect on target with minimum required re-attack. Fewer passes = fewer chances to get hit.

Now if only we could get those 97s humming like they're meant to and this screencap would be the prelude to a slam dunk.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Nothing wrong with CCRP in this setting so long as you're on release parameters for the weapon of choice.

Aye, in this instance the OP is about 2 seconds away from an 'Invalid Fuzing' message ruining his day I would have thought.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Aye, in this instance the OP is about 2 seconds away from an 'Invalid Fuzing' message ruining his day I would have thought.

Depends on his HOF setting doesn't it? No idea how high he really is above target elevation considering he's clearly flying along the slope of the valley which is sloping down it seems.

Again, it being CCRP means he has no need to actually be in a dive. If he's just under 2000 AGL he should easily be able to pickle above 3-4000 AGL to the target if he flies the right profile to the target, ie. a climbing loft release or at least a VLD.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

am I the only one who is confused as to why the OP thinks the CCRP is drunk?

No.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'll have what the OP is having... :thumbup:

Perhaps I should have taken a series of screenshots, one doesn't quite do it justice.

So to all the people who think they know what they're talking about, banking left here did not solve the problem. As you can see in the photo I am in fact in a left turn. This actually moved the fall line even further left, when I came out of the turn it ended up right on the left edge of the HUD before I said "screw it" and switched to guns.

Edited by allmhuran

Not with a HOF of 700.

Illustrating the importance of either posting a track, or in the absence thereof, a more thorough explanation of possible perceived issues at the outset: Eliminates supposition/guesswork.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Illustrating the importance of either posting a track, or in the absence thereof, a more thorough explanation of possible perceived issues at the outset: Eliminates supposition/guesswork.

Yeah, that's a fair point... but this was multiplayer, and I found the situation rather amusing, all I had time to do was grab a screenshot. It could have been any number of things causing it, I'm not posting it as any kind of "bug", just an odd happenstance as one occasionally encounters when doing anything.

allmhuran, I know exactly what you mean and have been in that situation before. Your HUD is set as the sensor of interest (SOI) so it is very possible you made the HUD's TDC the sensor point of interest (SPI) inadvertently. If that were the case, you were no longer being guided to the point the targeting pod was tracking and were getting steering cues towards some point outside the HUD field of view, possibly behind you.

The last time I remember that happening to me was while recording a video on CBUs so I wouldn't rule out a bug. But, as you say, that sort of thing is to be expected, even on the real thing.