Multiple questions inbound :)

S!

I have some questions. I have been playing LOMAC and FC for a while and overall I am more than satisfied with the game. But there are some things I haven't fully figured out and I have been searching this and other forums about it.

1. The star constelations in the sky. I've been looking up during night missions and studied them, but I haven't been able to identify any. Are the stars just randomly placed there?

2. I know there has been alot of discussion about the wingmen/wingnuts. But it doesn't seem like noone have a good answer wether there will be improvement or not. I've been flying the SU-25/SU-25T for the most. In the Flaming Cliffs Campaign you actually have to rely on your wingman for completion of the mission due to multiple targets. So for instance once I had to take out a long range SAM I was flying in the outer envelope of it's range (tnx to Ironhand for his very useful tutorials) and just let the SAM fire it's missiles at me because I knew they were gonna run out on energy since I was flying on a perpendiculary course (sorry if my spelling isn't perfect). My wingy of course got panic and kept yelling "engaged defensive" and doing all sorts of manouvers. And everytime that stupid @%#¤!! dropped his loadout. The wingman often do well and is useful but they have a tendency to ALWAYS mess things up in someway. I also tried the trick with sending them back to a previous waypoint before things get hot and several times when I've been flying a four ship flight they have actually managed to crash into each other :( when I told them to turn around.

3. I haven't fully undestood the EKRAN yet. Found some post on it but is there more to know about it?

4. Engine fires and flameouts (is that what it's called when the engine stops?) Anything to do other than shut it down?

And by the way, have you noticed that if you get killed in air, there is blood on the windshield (at least on the -25T) :D I got i nice screenshot of it but wasn't able to upload it to my website today, so I can post it later.

Hope you can answer some of my questions :)

Thanks

-Odin

Oдин

• ED Team

i havent flown the su-25T much, so i wouldn't be of any assistance, nor have i tested the wingman stuff to a very huge extent, other than dogfights.

But regarding blood on canopy, this is also the case for the KA-50 :p

1. No, I've noticed the Great Bear constellation in different parts of the sky at different times of the night. As with many things in the Lockon world it is nicely modelled.

2. Wingmen - what can I say? Yes they are dumb :rolleyes: sometimes, last night I was practising guns only against a few AI transports, two crashed into each other whilst trying to avoid me - LOL.

3. EKRAN is just eye candy IMHO, I don't think it is telling you anything vitally important whilst you are flying a mission.

4. No fire extinguishers modelled, so all you can do with a dead engine is shut it down. note that engine damage is modelled in stages so it can be slightly damaged, producing smoke and still producing a reduced thrust. So only shut down when you get engine fire warning - you can have smoke without fire ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

1. The star constelations in the sky. I've been looking up during night missions and studied them, but I haven't been able to identify any. Are the stars just randomly placed there?

While I haven't looked for them all, I just ran a quick mission and took a few minutes to peek (I don't usually fly night missions). At 4:00AM on Day 1, Summer, Sagittarius and Scorpio are just above the southern horizon with Capricorn a bit to the east. Overhead are Cygnus and Draco. If those are there, I imagine the rest are.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes, but I was wondering if different messages would appear in the black window, you know where there is some yellow text popping up right after the wheels are off ground?

Btw here's that picture I was talking about. You can see gore on the broken canopy :D

ScreenShot_007.jpg

Oдин

4. No fire extinguishers modelled, so all you can do with a dead engine is shut it down. ;)

I landed a damaged and on-fire 25t not long ago, and more in hope than expectation I switched off the engines on the runway. The fire kept burning, but a few seconds later, an extinguisher-like noise was followed by the fire going out! Then just had to wait for damage to repair, and off I went...:horseback

Is this one of those not mentioned extras in game?

Anyone had a similar experience?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos