FC3 vs F-15C

Ukhtral

Hey guys !

I'm wondering over here which of them I would buy. Before someone says: "Buy FC3 ! It already come with the F-15C !", I know it !

But I don't want to fly Russian planes and I already have the DCS:A-10C. All that I want is a fast mover at the moment before the F-18 rises in the horizon !

Finishing it, I also earned a 60% off coupon (unlimited time) when I bought my TrackIr 5 PRO for any DCS module.

So ...

1 - Would you buy FC3 with the coupon ?

2 - Would you buy F-15C with the coupon ?

3 - Would you wait for Summer Sale (+- 2 months) and buy one of those ?

4 - Would you hold this coupon for another module ?

5 - Stop asking, hold your coupon, wait for Summer Sale and try to fly better with your other modules :lol:

F15C or flaming cliff 3 ?

Hey guys.

Now that im pretty decent at flying the A10C i really wandt some fast moving fighterplane just for the fun of it... but i dont know what to get.

I understand that flaming cliff have more then one plane which is fine but what is the F15C ? is it like a A10C version of that fighter plane ? insted of the "tone down" versions in flaming cliff 3 ?

hope it makes sense :))

-Holm

Definately FC3, to buy the F-15C only is wasted money in my eyes (sorry ED :D )

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

If you have A10C,and dont want to fly russian planes,than you have only one choice.By F15C.

Exactly.

May I ask, however, why you won't fly any Russian plane? I mean, they are pretty cool too. The Su27 is said to get a PFM upgrade soon, too.

Reserve your coupon for the future F-18C. Reason is, I think that it will be more expensive. That is only a guess though.

Now, I think it would be better to own the full FC3 version over the F-15C. Even if you do not want to fly on russian birds, you might want to try them in order to know how your ennemies behave, what they can and cannot do. But I feel you when you say that you only want to play on one side ;-)

Thanks for the answers guys !

I believe that I'll save the coupon then and wait to buy FC3 at Summer Sale :thumbup:

Now about Russian planes ...

I often fly airplanes belonging to the same nation or aircraft that share avionics in common. In games like ROF or IL2 for example, I only fly German planes. As a real life student of aviation this not only contributes to real applications but also requires "less study for DCS aircraft". Besides the F-15 my next goals for the DCS are the F-18 and Mirage 2000 :joystick:

But thanks for the tips about getting FC3 and testing russian aircraft ! I truly believe that it'll help me at future dogfights !

It sounds like your best bet is just getting the F-15.

However I think there are a few reasons to consider FC:

The Su-27 is getting AFM, if you get any fun out of trying different flight models, that might make getting FC worth it

Getting FC will let you fly the Russian aircraft to help you learn how to counter them.

As far as the 60% discount if it really is unlimited in duration. I would save it for a full price DCS Module.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It is now and will be exactly the same aircraft as in FC3. Any updates for the F-15C will be put into the F-15C single module AND FC3. FC3 owner will have the same airplane as F-15C owners (thats the current state).

But they're currently making all FC3 aircrafts to single modules, I can imagine that in the future the FC3 module will be deleted and you're then going for the single modules but FC3 owners will get this modules for free then I guess.

So at the moment the F-15C is the same in both modules and the current state is that the FC3 F-15C gets the same updates.

Exactly.

May I ask, however, why you won't fly any Russian plane? I mean, they are pretty cool too. The Su27 is said to get a PFM upgrade soon, too.

I agree with the OP I HATE Russian aircraft and refuse to fly them. I havent heard anything about the F-18, so it will take atleast another year to be released I would guess, Just buy the F-15.

Communication is Key

I wouldn't wait for the F-18. We have no idea when it's going to be released, there are no screenshots, videos... It could be years for all we know, I wouldn't hold my breath.

BelSimTek's releasing an F-86F probably some time soon. There are some screenshots in their forum section. I don't know if that coupon's good for BST modules (I still haven't used mine ;) ), but if it is, maybe that's another option for you? These guys released two good helicopter modules already and did the new FM for the F-15C, so I'm sure the F-86F will be worth it.

If that's not your thing however, the F-15C is probably the only Western jet fighter we'll see in the near future. If I didn't want anything besides one, I'd go buy it now (or the FC3 for added "training material").

I would say save it for a different module. Buy the $25 module....its not really that much..buying ED's aircraft at full price definitely helps them out. I bought FC3 and also bought the separate modules just to support ED. Even though I don't care about the Mi8...I still bought that to support Belsimtek who are doing a fantastic job with great efficiency.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

How ever I do HATE the cockpit of the Russian birds minus the throttle and stick.

I don't know what mod you're using but you should uninstall it and give them another go - I don't know what made you think you could fly a plane without a throttle or joystick.

@ bigcountry :

I HATE Russian aircraft and refuse to fly them

What does that even mean ?

They offend your aesthetic to the point where you have to look away when they appear ? (In which case you'd be my perfect guns only MP opponent :), but ever heard of aversion therapy ? )

You flew one once and realised you're allergic to blue cockpit paint ? (There are mods you can take to treat that)

You flew the Su-25 once and couldn't land it, so decided all Russian aircraft have a fatal design flaw ? (If that's the case there may be a flaw, but the way to fix it is practice, practice, practice :) )

You think all aircraft designed in Russia are personally blessed by Satan, and flying one (even in a simulation) is an act of betrayal to God and your country that may decrease your chances of going to heaven ? (unfortunately there is neither a cure, nor a fix, for this...)

Cheers.

BTW...even after DCS: A-10C, the Su25 and Su25T is a blast to fly and land...especially land...they are just so differnt to the A-10 and so much fun.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

No need for fights guys ! :thumbup:

Please read my last post. I just don't fly russian planes for a matter of choice, but I do respect them very much.

All of us have our choices but in the end only one thing matters ... fly :pilotfly:

I don't know what mod you're using but you should uninstall it and give them another go - I don't know what made you think you could fly a plane without a throttle or joystick.

well look at me i dont fly the f-15 because it has plastic buttons, a gray cockpit and that periscope of a hud.

But all of those are just excuses, because im too lazy to learn it :music_whistling:

Hate is a strong word to use without any further explanation as to the reason of said emotion.

I don't seem to recall the part where emotion requires justification, especially on, of all places, an anonymous web forum. This isn't a man telling his wife of ten years that he's leaving her because the romance isn't there anymore, because he's banging the cute office intern, or because he's just grown tired of the wife's nagging.

Seriously- some of you folks have your binkys get refused and you go bonkers.

Lives. Get them.

Myself, I can fly Red Air (except for the Su-25, because I'm not primarily interested in air to ground) just fine. However, I've consistently chosen not to for a number of reasons, up to and including overmodeling of handling performance within the SFM, the same for radar and sensors, along with weapons availability (until more recently on the last two), and seriously lacking integration of a functional GCI model. AWACSKI datalink doesn't fulfill what's missing by a long shot.

For all the holes, the F-15C has always been able to be used more closely consistent with it's real-world counterpart. Thus, that's where my interest has been, and will remain. Should the MiG-21 be granted more useful GCI (per intimations made by the folks at Leatherneck), I'll employ it in the DACT role, and, should those benefits be permitted to cross over to the other types, I'll consider them more often. Until then, however, the interests and value I have for my time is spent better in the Eagle.