Consistent crash with the module d3dx9_43.dll

Studsmcgee

I keep getting a consistent crash with 1.2.8

Flying for about 10 minutes when the session quits and returns to the after mission screen (Which has no info because the session crashed) after showing an error message that always shows one module at fault.

d3dx9_43.dll

This happens in single player and multiplayer.

I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything about anyone else having this problem. I ran the repair and it downloaded something about 64mb in size, not sure what.

Dxdiag report seems to be too long to post. I did run it so let me know if there is a specific part I should post for you guys to look at.

Thanks for any help.

What is the actual error message ?

Your system specs please.

Save the report as a txt file and upload it along with any crash logs in the logs folder in your saved games folder.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Try reinstalling directx9c from the eagle dynamics game directories, I forget which folder it's in.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Thanks guys,

I tried reinstalling DX9 via the installer in the DCS folder, didn't help.

I'll upload the dxdiag and the log file now.

I did update my graphics card drivers but only after the problem was happening, I thought it might help. However it didn't seem to make a difference.

System is an i5 @ 4.4ghz, gtx 760, 8gb ram, msi motherboard

Edit: here is the actual error text from windows

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: dcs.exe

Application Version: 1.2.8.27203

Application Timestamp: 535b8c91

Fault Module Name: d3dx9_43.dll

Fault Module Version: 9.29.952.3111

Fault Module Timestamp: 4bf70b46

Exception Code: 80000003

Exception Offset: 0000000000215d82

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: c3b4

Additional Information 2: c3b4539fba14d28db0cb1fe252ca9ad6

Additional Information 3: dd1e

Additional Information 4: dd1e2c3076e751b8fc42408a6fdbb8b1

DxDiag.txt

DCSlog.txt

Edited by Studsmcgee

I keep having the same sort of crash, I don't know if it is the same .dll module causing mine or not. It is usually after about 10 ish minutes of flying. I haven't tried any other aircraft, but I have been having it flying the A10A. My problem sounds the same as yours does.

I have an Intel i7 processor 3.5 ghz with 8 cores, 16G RAM, ATI Radeon 7900 Series, DCS world, 1.2.8 ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard

run Dependency Walker... you've probably got the old 32bit and 64bit files swapped around in their respective folders thing that happens from time to time with some users

?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

run Dependency Walker... you've probably got the old 32bit and 64bit files swapped around in their respective folders thing that happens from time to time with some users

?

That is true. I remember other users having that issue. Replacing the file was their method of fixing it.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

?

What is dependency walker? And how should I use it?

What is dependency walker? And how should I use it?

Bing, Google? Choose as u wish.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.