Track IR 3 or 4

Gunja

I currently have the TrackIR 3 and love it! Of course, now I wished I had waited for the TrackIR 4!!! The big change that I would spend the extra money on is the increased field of view.

Don't get me wrong, I like the TIR3, but the FOV is my only real complaint. So yeah, the TIR4 gets my vote. You will not play a flight sim without one ever again. Ever.

-Chris

P.S. Croatia, huh? I spent some time in Rijeka and Krk. Very beautiful area!

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Seriously, listen to me. Get the TrackIR 4 pro, it's a lot more worth it. I made a similar thread a couple weeks ago and got great responses. And the trackir 4 pro is only 20 dollars different than the trackir 3 pro + vector expansion! It cost 170 plus shipping and tax from gogamers.com with the 30 dollars off coupon.

Here's my old thread to get more info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/4221028783/r/4221028783#4221028783

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be prepared for some additional customs fees.. At least, 22% of the VAT plus import taxes because it will be brand new shipped by a company as merchandise.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

hvala momci :)

@ hreich- looks like you avoided vat+customs (33%) then, good for you.

I was thinking of buying over hyper lobby link, but looks like it is only good for TIR3 (as i understood, they get donated that way), but i wont TIR4, so i guess i'll buy from e dimensional site and hope to have the same luck as Hreich ;)

Bok... samo da porucim da sam u 12. mj. narucio preko e dimensional site-a Track Ir pro 4....cijena je bila oko 180 usd, 1100 kn...isplatilo se svaku lipu!!!!!!!

Nisi platio carinu?? Blago tebi. Ja sam uzeo preko eBaya TIR3 + VE pa me s carinom i pdvom izaslo oko 1000 kn.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I had TIR 3 since it came out (1.5years) and just recently upgraded to 4.

4 is better IMO, although they both pretty much do the same thing. ;)

TIR4 is much better at redetecting the reflectors. Meaning if you turn your head completly or get up from your chair, it will usually recenter by itself when you return. TIR3 did not do that as well and usually required you to manually recenter.

is this ok?

When I bought my TIR3 with VE I received everything, reflectors, cap with metal clip, the base unit it's monitor clip and obviously CD and serial number to enable the VE option.

If I remember correctly the cap and clip came with the Vector Expansion, and the reflector dots came with the TIR3 itself along with an outdated version of the software on CD and the clip for sticking to the monitor if needed. I then just downloaded the latest software from their website without using the original CD.

Since I use the cap with the clip I've not had to use any of the reflector dots.

Of course if you prefer not to use the cap and clip then I guess your only route would be to use the reflector dots in that respect.

I don't recall having to pay extra for the cap or reflector dots. Of course if you need additional reflector dots then I guess you would need to buy them and if the cap is needed due to not buying the Vector Expansion option then that too can be bought I think).

Regards.

The TiR3 Pro does not have the vector expansion, and thus no 6 dof tracking. You have to purchase the VE expansion as well. The TiR4 comes by default with the full 6 dof tracking ability. Thus, comparing prices, you have to compare the TiR3 Pro + VE to the TiR4. At the online shop that I buy from close to home, this means that they cost almost the same price, making the decision very easy.

I think the long and short of it is:

If you don't own a TIR or have ver 1 or 2, buy the TIR4

If you have TIR3 plus the vector kit then stick with it unless you want the best up to date model or have spare cash to play with. The difference between TIR3 + vector and TIR4 in money terms makes TIR4 the best choice.

Read to bother hands their on time much too with people only that bit little the.

No it doesn't. You can look, left/right, up/down and zoom in/pan back.

Black Shark is 6DOF but only the helicopter so far I believe.

Go to the page below to see all supported games and to what degree mate. :)

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03-enhanced-games/enhanced-games-all.html

Read to bother hands their on time much too with people only that bit little the.