Kneeboard (PeterP) and Helios issueI have two screens and run a Helios profile for th

I have two screens and run a Helios profile for the A10C on the second screen. Tonight I tried the Kneeboard for the A10 and got it to work (I surprised myself that I could do it).

However, the Kneeboard appears in the lower left corner of my second screen and is mostly covered up by the Helios profile.

What I need to know is where the viewport info is for the kneeboard so I can move it to the left side of my first screen that has the game running. I am running both screens at 1920 by 1080.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Kneeboard still an issue with Helios profile in 1.27

I read PeterP's instructions on the kneeboard and the kneeboard still appears on the right side of my second

monitor and is blocked by Helios.

Here is my monitorsetup insert:

ED_A10C_KNEEBOARD =

{

x = 100;

y = 100;

width = 300;

height = 450;

}

and here is line 756 of the device_init.lua file cited by PeterP in his readme.

indicators[#indicators + 1] = {"A10C::ccHUD", LockOn_Options.script_path.."HUD/Indicator/HUD_init.lua" ,devices.HUD ,{{"PNT-HUD-CENTER","PNT-HUD-DOWN","PNT-HUD-RIGHT"} ,{sx_l = -0.2,sw = 0.035}}}

I have no idea what to do with line 756 or if this is even the right line with all the changes since PeterP posted his readme.

I need to figure out how to tell the kneeboard that I want the kneeboard on the right side of my first monitor and not on the right side of my second monitor. It appears that the kneeboard code believes that I have only on big monitor and not two separate monitors.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 months later...

Hey,

i just figured part of the riddle out i think:

in the init.lua file of the indicator definition of the kneeboard (DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua)

the line 116 (update_screenspace_diplacement(SelfWidth/SelfHeight,is_left) governs how the kneeboard is placed.

I have not yet understood how the function update_screenspace_diplacement actually sets the drawpoints, but you can manipulate the input values, the first one can be used to move the kneeboard up and down, the second one is a boolean, meaning true or false. True means the kneeboard is drawn on the left border of the screen, false means on the right border. hope that helps

I went back to DCS last week, and found that I could no more make PeterP kneeboard mod working on my 1.2.10 version. Am I the only one ?

So I extracted the part of PeterP mod which bind the kneeboard to the KNEEBOARD viewport, and make a mod with only that (I hope he will forgive me !). It is joined.

So you have only to modify your MonitorSetup file to add the KNEEBOARD viewport declaration and place it where you want.

It seems that someone manage to handle different viewport settings : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2030252&postcount=684. Maybe it could allow to have a specific kneeboard position for each plane.

I discovered either that you can put dedicated files for each plane by adding a directory this the plane name in "DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard" and putting the picture you want inside.

For example : create a A-10C directory, and put a picture in it : you will only see it when in A-10C. Should be great to have all checklists available here...

Anyway, I hope that some day PeterP will find the time and the need to upgrade his wonderfull mod....

n_Kneeboard.zip

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste