Please help - master caution on collective up

Elphaba

Hi

Just bought the Huey module.

Going thru the "lessons". Disappointed they are almost all videos...anyway.

Trying to do the pick up lesson, so I'm starting engines running on the runway.

I use my warthog throttle to slowly increase the collective, and just at the point I'd expect it to start getting light on the skids I get a sharp drop in rpm and the master caution comes on, and I'm unable to take off.

At all.

Tired resetting everything, and tried closing dcs and restarting, but I'm lost.

Any help please?

Also - if you crash on a lesson - how do you 'restart' it? There seems to be no menu option or key combo I can find so I seem forced to quit and to back to lesson menu and start all over again with all the loading times etc... Is there a quick 'restart' hidden anywhere?

Thanks

Hi

Just bought the Huey module.

Going thru the "lessons". Disappointed they are almost all videos...anyway.

Trying to do the pick up lesson, so I'm starting engines running on the runway.

I use my warthog throttle to slowly increase the collective, and just at the point I'd expect it to start getting light on the skids I get a sharp drop in rpm and the master caution comes on, and I'm unable to take off.

At all.

Tired resetting everything, and tried closing dcs and restarting, but I'm lost.

Any help please?

Also - if you crash on a lesson - how do you 'restart' it? There seems to be no menu option or key combo I can find so I seem forced to quit and to back to lesson menu and start all over again with all the loading times etc... Is there a quick 'restart' hidden anywhere?

Thanks

Do you have any curves set for your collective? Maybe so that the collective is raised way more than you would expect when moving your WH throttle?

And/or post a track file here so we can see what you were doing. Make sure, you have the controls indicator enabled (RCTRL+Enter)

edit:

Oh, btw, is your throttle turned open completely? Perhaps it is shut if you have enabled "sync in game controls" and the axis you use for the throttle is at minimum on your device. Anyway, post a track and we will figgure it out. :o)

Edited by Flagrum

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.

No curves, just default from plugging in the warthog hot as and running dcs world.

What do you mean by track? You mean like a flaps video or something?

As for collective, the visual animation goes through full range in alignment with warthog throttle. The collective visual is about 50-60% up before toms drop off rapidly.

Does that help?

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.

No curves, just default from plugging in the warthog hot as and running dcs world.

What do you mean by track? You mean like a flaps video or something?

As for collective, the visual animation goes through full range in alignment with warthog throttle. The collective visual is about 50-60% up before toms drop off rapidly.

Does that help?

At the debriefing screen you have the option to "Save Track". A track file is a recording of all your inputs and reactions of the aircraft that can be played back later on. This is a nice feature, because compared to a video, one can stop the play back and take over the aircraft or even just look around and check instruments, etc.

make sure your controllers are assigned correctly. When i first started, I got the corrector and throttle mixed up. (or one of those keys)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If I remember correctly, my TM WH by default had collective set to one of the throttle axes and the throttle to the other in inverse, so as I raised the collective I closed the throttle. I found it handy to bind throttle to the friction slider.

At the debriefing screen you have the option to "Save Track". A track file is a recording of all your inputs and reactions of the aircraft that can be played back later on. This is a nice feature, because compared to a video, one can stop the play back and take over the aircraft or even just look around and check instruments, etc.

The option to save a track is not available during training, IIRC.

You'd have to start the training mission through the normal Missions menu...

I recommend clearing out and resetting all of your axis functions.. (I know it is a bit of a pain but it is worth it.) Only takes a few minutes and makes a big difference (At least it did for me anywway.)

Make sure that your collective is set so that pulling it back increases the pitch. I know that sounds ridiculous but every time mine is plugged in fresh it is backwards and you don't know it until you move it and then all Hell breaks loose. (Just like you are saying is happening to you)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Thanks for everyones help.

When I examined the AXIS settings, the Thrustmaster HOTAS's Split Throttle was set to the right side was inverted (as I'd chosen) and set for the Collective, but unbeknownst to me, the left side was NOT inverted and set to the throttle.

Hence, as I pulled both (thinking it was JUST the collective) back (up) it was simultaneously decreasing the throttle.

Split the throttle, and it's now working perfectly!

Thanks again!