I'm a sinner I bought a PS4 - DCS coming to next gen?

TheMoose

The device supports multiple USB ports, keyboard and mouse among other devices. Any plans for DCS to migrate or provide next gen console support version of DCS?

Don't hate me for asking ;) War thunder seems to work great on PS4, and on that extent I feel a doable, but curious on the willingness from ED? Truth be told there is big money to be made with Next Gen consoles ;)

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Does it support TrackIR? That would be a basic requirement. How would I install the software for my mouse, keyboard and Thrustmaster Warthog?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

haha why you are making excuses ? PS4 rocks !

There are many awesome games that are 10x better on console than on PC .

FPS and RTS and SIMS yes pc, bit all the rest console ! (racing , GTA , fifa , Tekken < deepest game in the world btw, you name it! )

Funny thing is though, consoles are slowly becoming more and more like PC's :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, Arcade Games Run fine on Consoles, but a Study Sim, forget about it, and dont compare DCSW with ANYTHING on a Console.

People with 3.0-4.0+ GHz CPUs and Mid-High Teir GPUs are barely able to run it smoothly,

And you want to port it to a piece of proprietary hardware that Runs an AMD APU at 1.6 GHz w/ the Equivalent of Mid-Low Tier/Upper Entry Level GFX?

A. DCS is Single Thread Heavy, the 1.6Ghz Clock would choke the DCS Threads.

B. AMD Single Thread Performance is at best 15-20% slower than Intel's

C. The 1152 GCn Cores could handle the GFX, but they are Coded to DX9, PS4 is OpenGL,

Never Mind the Fact that the CPU wouldnt feed the DrawCalls to the GPU Fast enough anyway.

D. 8GB of unified GDDR5, umm, 6-7 GB of That would be used by DCS for RAM Alone. Take away the O/S Requirements, and you have pretty much Nada graphics Memory.

E. Having USB Ports and Supporting the USB Standard does NOT mean they have Drivers for EVERY USB Device; outside of Generic KB, Mouse Logitech G25/27 Drivers... Good Luck with anything else.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

DCSW's developers are also a small bunch with a relatively tiny financial footprint compared to most developers making things on console. The licensing needed to get on a console might be either out of their reach completely or not carry enough potential return-on-investment to justify the expenditure to get on a console.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I think the general Console Player is not very interessted in Flight Sims..just look how many "Flight Sims" are out there for the Consoles..Consoleros want shooters mainly..but some kind of "arcadized FC3"....why not..but let`s hope ED put their Energy in more important things:)

Ah..and one more thing..Mods would be impossible..and come on..nobody could live without the Mods

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

haha why you are making excuses ? PS4 rocks !

There are many awesome games that are 10x better on console than on PC .

FPS and RTS and SIMS yes pc, bit all the rest console ! (racing , GTA , fifa , Tekken < deepest game in the world btw, you name it! )

Funny thing is though, consoles are slowly becoming more and more like PC's :D

You just pointed out game exclusivity. That is almost entirely an artificial construct of the console corporations to lock people into their markets. There is nothing technical preventing awesome console exclusive games from being on PC, but if Microsoft had simultaneously released Halo on PC there wouldn't even be an XBox 360.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]