New Virtual Blue Angels Movie

• ED Team

Very nice flying guys! :D

Although, beeing a movie nut, was the "slo-mo" throughout the movie intentional? It looked so choppy, i kept waiting for the pace to pick up.

Other than that, great movie. ;)

Very nice flying guys! :D

Although, beeing a movie nut, was the "slo-mo" throughout the movie intentional? It looked so choppy, i kept waiting for the pace to pick up.

Other than that, great movie. ;)

Thanks GA kind words from a movie maker of your callaber:) Im still really new to vegas and capture the clips in 1/2 time then speed them up in it.We fly around 300-350 knots so thats kinda why stuff in some scenes is looking a little slow the other is intentional.Im really just messing around with all this while Kato makes the big bang movie hehe this was just a test but the guys liked it so I wanted to share it with all of you aswell.Im also still trying to find a nice way to run fraps because I can be having 50-70 fps turn on fraps and BANG 8 fps.

• ED Team

If you're dropping to such a low fps when recording, try turning off AA. If i record using 4x AA or even just 1-2x AA, my fps drops to the low 10's.

I turn AA off completely, then i can record and maintain my desired fps (which is set to 25 in fraps).

Excellent formation flying! Excellent movie!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Nice guys !!! You are doing a wonderful job, very talented and the pride you exude shows in every aspect !!

What a beautiful bird she is !!! A machine for death and the beauty of a goddess.

I love the years the Blue Angels come to my town and display. I live on the beach and all week I hear the sounds of them practicing while they fly right over my house. So good I usually take that week off from work to just sit on my porch and admire the beauty.

Same ole song and dance but, I really wish Lomac had a flyable F-18. Especially the F-18E

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

If you're dropping to such a low fps when recording, try turning off AA. If i record using 4x AA or even just 1-2x AA, my fps drops to the low 10's.

I turn AA off completely, then i can record and maintain my desired fps (which is set to 25 in fraps).

I also have problems with a FPS drop when using fraps and this could be the problem, but what do you mean with AA?

BTW, Great job VBA!:D

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all: Sharp flying guys! Keep it up!

I've found that I can frap using 8x AA (Anti-Aliasing) and 16x AF (Anisotropic filtering) as long as I disable SLI. That's the difference between frapping at 22fps vs 8fps for me. IDK why SLI enabled causes such a big drop in fps while frapping? Without capture on, I get 4-5 times the fps from outside views (i.e. 70-90 fps). I've heard others with similar fps drops using 7800 GT's, but even with my old sys I'd get a considerable fps drop while capturing.

So, Alias, if you have a SLI enabled system try turning SLI off before frapping next time and then lower the AA and AF as well as other quality settings for your graphics card if it's not enough. As long as you can get a 30 fps end result (rendered), you'll be fine. In other words, if I frap at half speed and get 15 fps while capturing, I can speed it up in Vegas (2x) and achieve a render @ 30 fps for the final edit.

My last tip would be to save the raw AVI's to a different partition from the one you have fraps installed on. If you have two harddrives, use a different drive as the target directory!

Lawndart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• ED Team
I also have problems with a FPS drop when using fraps and this could be the problem, but what do you mean with AA?

BTW, Great job VBA!:D

Low fps when using fraps is not a "problem", its just the way it is.

And by "AA" i mean AntiAliasing (smoothes out jaggies on any line that is not vertical or horizontal, so to speak)