2 Monitors - HUD upper one, rest lower one

• ED Team

Dont want to hijack the other excellent thread. I went out and stealed my brothers monitor which is exactly the one i have :)

So after succesfully trying a setup of tho monitors horizontally ive got this result :

CIMG1230.jpg

its awesome especially if you look around - but as u can see it sucks in the middle.

so i tried the other way. i put the resolution to be like one screen is ontop the other.

here is the result which would be great if lockon wouldn crash on start when you try to put a aspect ratio lower than 1. i tried to start up with 0.625 and it crashed all the time with an VB error. So i put in aspect ratio of 1. Here is the result :

CIMG1234.jpg

So if ED could priovide us with a possibilty of setting an aspect ratio lower than 1 it would be great !

hey groove, may i suggest you consider resizing your images, i do it thru xp just by going edit, stretch and skew, 40% and crop to suit, simple and keeps things on one screen, save as and it also majorly reduces the images size down to a few kB.

basically if you have to scroll around an image it looses its impact imo, take it or leave it :)

your aspect ratio looks correct and unfortunately for you it does work, as i just replicated your setup and had it running 2 monitors stacked vertical with a res of 1280x2048x32 @75 aspect ratio @ 0.625 so as for your error i am unsure.

the only issue i see is an inch or so top and botton that is not diplaying correctly, its there but not quite right. i would look elseware for your problem.

will upload screenshot later.

edit: done see below.

i found it looked ok if the screen had the hud. vsd and the tews, the bottom having the pacs and alt etc.

this was in the f15, other planes will vary, i did notice when the botton view has no outside view in teh corners, you then don't really need to allow for the screen bezel thickness, so you get to fully utillze your monitors.

this 2 stacked setup certainly has potential. additionally imagine 3 screens across and the centre stacked with a monitor below for the instruments, crazy as it sounds it may be possible.

lets try and get yours working for a start.

more info on the error might help,

and whats your hardware, drivers etc.

if you mess with it alot then maybe a fresh install might be on the cards.

if you do, make a copy of a known good install of lockon, then if you get to where it has an issue you can revert back to the known good copy by just copying the desired files or the whole folder for that matter :)

something else i noticed was that most games don't like starting up if you have gone back to a single display in nview or diplay properties, unless you reduce the res ingame first.

great to hear and see that you saw it stacked even if only in a horizontal physical layout, we know it can be done, see how you go, good luck.

ok for now i have a screenshot or 3 to demonstrate the ability to use resolution and aspect ratio to manipulate the view on one screen only.

note: to get this view to work i had to set fullscreen = 0

for anyone that doesn't know all these setting we are editing are found in the config folder in the "graphics.cfg" file.

so that you can restore the original settings, back it up first and then go for your life :)

see what you think.

this one is 640x1024 @ 0.625

ggg87_002.JPG

heres one @ 1280x341 @ 3.75

ggg87_001.JPG

and another for good luck, emulating multimonitor displays across one screen 1280x341 @ 3.75

ggg87_000.JPG

i hope this helps and keeps your hopes up :)