Having to alt tab to get the game running properly?

Dudester22

Not sure what the problem is here but I'm having to alt tab to get the Sim running right. When I am playing the Sim, I can see small flashes of my task bar coming through onto the screen. I then have to alt tab to desktop and then go back into the game via the tab on the task bar. Anyone know what causes this? Thanks!

Sounds like you've got disable aero interface enabled, make sure it's unticked in options.

Considering this from the manual:

DISABLE AERO INTERFACE. This option turns off the Windows Aero Interface, and this may provide a performance increase for some PCs. I have mine checked but have no problems like the OP. Can you explain just how this feature affects DCS World?

Considering this from the manual:

DISABLE AERO INTERFACE. This option turns off the Windows Aero Interface, and this may provide a performance increase for some PCs. I have mine checked but have no problems like the OP. Can you explain just how this feature affects DCS World?

Yes please explain this because I do have mine disabled. I thought switching it off gave your Pc a boost? Just how much of a boost though?

Really not sure how much of a boost, but the reason for the ALT-TAB is prioritization...

With the switch from menu to sim, the Aero is switched from off (in menu), to on (while on desktop), to back off again (in sim).

Sometimes, Windows gets confused as to which application has priority, and you end up with the desktop overlaying the sim. ALT-TAB then tells Windows, "No, stupid! Over here..."

I personally have seen negligible difference with Disable Aero checked, so it might be easier all around to leave it unchecked...

Really not sure how much of a boost, but the reason for the ALT-TAB is prioritization...

With the switch from menu to sim, the Aero is switched from off (in menu), to on (while on desktop), to back off again (in sim).

Sometimes, Windows gets confused as to which application has priority, and you end up with the desktop overlaying the sim. ALT-TAB then tells Windows, "No, stupid! Over here..."

I personally have seen negligible difference with Disable Aero checked, so it might be easier all around to leave it unchecked...

Thanks for the info. I'll try it unchecked for a while and see what happens.