Ranger79 Life Raft Mod

At blacksharkden we have a script guru who added this in a csar script. With Hawkeye new version, depending on the type of chopper crashed, life raft with one pilot shows up (for ka50) or the two pilots version shows up for any other choppers. Pretty cool.

Do you have a link or can you post ? seems you need a login for anything for blacksharkden. Or can you get the authors permission and share on dcs user files or dropbox ? thanks !

• 3 years later...

Some more time has passed and I just found this. I tried using it as-is in 2.8 (beta) but it doesn't show up in the Ships groups list.
I started b y just dropping the zipped 'Mods' folder into the open beta root folder but it doesn't seem to work. Comparing the Mods structure to what's already in there it's also very different, so I assumed the sim's Mods file structure has changed since this was created?

Any tips for how I can make this work?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

3 minutes ago, moggel said:

Some more time has passed and I just found this. I tried using it as-is in 2.8 (beta) but it doesn't show up in the Ships groups list.
I started b y just dropping the zipped 'Mods' folder into the open beta root folder but it doesn't seem to work. Comparing the Mods structure to what's already in there it's also very different, so I assumed the sim's Mods file structure has changed since this was created?

Any tips for how I can make this work?

1) Mods are now always installed in the saved games directory, never in the root folder

2) Have you made sure the historical filter is turned off?

3) No the structure shouldn't have changed, or at least not a lot, since the beginning.

3 minutes ago, razo+r said:

1) Mods are now always installed in the saved games directory, never in the root folder

2) Have you made sure the historical filter is turned off?

3) No the structure shouldn't have changed, or at least not a lot, since the beginning.

I did drop the zip's "Mod" folder into the Saved Games/DCS.openbeta (root) folder, yes. The result fro that is I get this structure for the mod:

Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/Textures/..
Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/Shapes/..
Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/liferaft.lua

All other Mods have their own folder, with an entry.lua, usually also pointing to the equivalent of the liferaft.lua

No, the historical filter is not active

I tried creating a "Liferaft" folder, then moved the folder structure (./Shapes/*, ./Textures/* and the "liferaft.lua" file) into it. I then copied an 'entry.lua' file from another Mod and modified it as needed, pointing to the Shapes and Textures folder, and the liferaft.lua fil. That made the life raft appear in the Ships drop down so I could place it but it doesn't get rendered

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

4 minutes ago, moggel said:

I did drop the zip's "Mod" folder into the Saved Games/DCS.openbeta (root) folder, yes. The result fro that is I get this structure for the mod:

Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/Textures/..
Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/Shapes/..
Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/liferaft.lua

All other Mods have their own folder, with an entry.lua, usually also pointing to the equivalent of the liferaft.lua

No, the historical filter is not active

Seems like there is indeed a folder missing. What if you make one yourself and put everything in there?

4 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Seems like there is indeed a folder missing. What if you make one yourself and put everything in there?

I tried creating a "Liferaft" folder, then moved the folder structure (./Shapes/*, ./Textures/* and the "liferaft.lua" file) into it. I then copied an 'entry.lua' file from another Mod and modified it as needed, pointing to the Shapes and Textures folder, and the liferaft.lua fil. That made the life raft appear in the Ships drop down so I could place it but it doesn't get rendered

Maybe I complicated it? I'll try just dropping the two folders and the liferaft.lua file into a folder of its own

[EDIT] Just dropping the structure into a folder of its own, under ./Mods/tech doesn't make the life raft mod appear in the ships list

Edited by moggel

10 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If it doesn't get rendered it might be a simple cause of an outdated model that needs to be re-exported before it can be used again.

Yes, I suspect so. I sent a DM to Ranger, hoping he can maybe do that 🙂

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

You know you have a liferaft in Civilian Assets Pack Navy by Eight Ball ? 

I did not. Thanks mate!