Navy Supermod available for download!

Argh. I just discovered that the version I downloaded from JaBoG32 was an old version, with faulty MiG-29K pylons. Any chance I could get a minor "fix" just for that? There's no version number, but according to the ModMan package data it was created on 14/2/2006... way too old, it seems. :cry:

Even so old, it works pretty well, I've flown both the new planes and tested the F-111. Still - any hope for me, or am I doomed to download the new version? My DSL doesn't come with cheap flatrate, I'm stuck with pay-per-transfer.

Edit: Errr. I just noticed how OLD the thread is. Sigh. I should've paid more attention.

I'm afraid you're doomed to suffer the whole transfer again - ah, wait.

MeInit from the fixed Mod should be attached to this post, if you manually replace it then it should work - let me know if it does or not :)

meinitfixed.zip

• Like 1

I'm afraid you're doomed to suffer the whole transfer again - ah, wait.

MeInit from the fixed Mod should be attached to this post, if you manually replace it then it should work - let me know if it does or not :)

Thank you very much - it did work, and now I'm a proud pilot of two more flyables and I have an extra "excuse" to shoot down. :thumbup: Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

BritGliderPilot, thanks for pointing me to your supermod10. Brit Radar Dude turned me on to a program that merges xml files and it works great. Link at bottom of post. So i wanted my 1.12FPS tweak and your supermod10 but the meinit files would replace each other. Now its working with both together as far as I have tested it. Still need to go through the other folders that came with both mods and check for other files that may have conflicted/replaced each other (view.lua) etc. but if all goes well I would like to make it a ModMan5 addon, if thats cool with you. I need to make sure i have your hotfix worked in there too.

The program is a 30 day trial of the pro version. If you want to buy you have to get the pro version for the tripple file merge and conflict finder (just "Yes" and "No" on "human cockpit" were only conflicts, easy fix there). Bad news is the pro version is $269 bucks!

http://www.araxis.com/merge/index.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

BritGliderPilot, thanks for pointing me to your supermod10. Brit Radar Dude turned me on to a program that merges xml files and it works great. Link at bottom of post. So i wanted my 1.12FPS tweak and your supermod10 but the meinit files would replace each other. Now its working with both together as far as I have tested it. Still need to go through the other folders that came with both mods and check for other files that may have conflicted/replaced each other (view.lua) etc. but if all goes well I would like to make it a ModMan5 addon, if thats cool with you. I need to make sure i have your hotfix worked in there too.

The program is a 30 day trial of the pro version. If you want to buy you have to get the pro version for the tripple file merge and conflict finder (just "Yes" and "No" on "human cockpit" were only conflicts, easy fix there). Bad news is the pro version is $269 bucks!

http://www.araxis.com/merge/index.html

Think your best option is to create a list of the files you update, and ask the download sites to put it in the same category as the original mod - have no doubt MrWolf at LOSkins will oblige, but not sure how the other sites work.

Glad you got it working, anyway :)

edit - if you're feeling really ambitious, want to try and add Birdy's Trees Mod in as well? ;)

I saw some scene files in your mod and they looked to be the same size as what i thought were Birdys Trees mod in one of my folders. I'll re-check that. If they were just the High ,Med and Low scn files, it shouldnt be to hard to add them. I didnt think they were invloved in the Meinit file so thats good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

I saw some scene files in your mod and they looked to be the same size as what i thought were Birdys Trees mod in one of my folders. I'll re-check that. If they were just the High ,Med and Low scn files, it shouldnt be to hard to add them. I didnt think they were invloved in the Meinit file so thats good.

They're not in the MeInit - however, my mod does include the Merzifon airbase, which requires some scene file modding.

The trees mod also requires scene file moddding, but IIRC it's based on the scene file without Merzifon and associate objects ;)

There's a post from someone saying that the two don't clash, but I'm not sure . . . . .

Ok, i got ya. So to just repalce the scene files with Birdys (same person as IIRC?) would mess up your base add on. I think I can use the merge program to look at those two files also and come up with one file that has the features of both of the others. Going to be a busy weekend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Bad news, the program i have doest open the scene files in a readable format for me to merge or compare them. What program or text format did you use to edit your scene files to put the changes around the Merzifon base?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Bad news, the program i have doest open the scene files in a readable format for me to merge or compare them. What program or text format did you use to edit your scene files to put the changes around the Merzifon base?

I didn't, I used the Merzifon scene files directly and worked them in with everything else.

Think you need a hex editor for that - the thread about doing it all should be in the Mods forum somewhere.

Haven't had time to do it myself yet, it doesn't look like it'll be a small task ;)

Well i substituted the scene files from Birdy and then when I F-11 view over to Merzifon, some of the buildings and radar are there, but the concrete is missing. Swingkid is sending me a program he made that Birdy used to do the Tree mod scene files. If it looks like something I can handle then try to make it all work together....it may be way out of my league. Im more of a tinkerer than a programer or modder. We will see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

New mod is finished

Well its all done and ready to up-load. I'll be trying to hook up with Mr. Wolf at LO Skins and ThomasDW at lockonfiles to get it out.

Ended up putting together the FPS Tweak for 1.12a by ThomasDW with the Realistic Weapons Mod from Shepski and the Navy Supermod10 from Britgliderpilot. Unable to spend need time to figure out how to get Birdys Tree mod included without messing up the Merzifon base addon. May be able to put up another version that would have no new base but the Tree mod instead.

Thanks to all for your help, advice and ideas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

The mod's given me many hours of amusement over the extended-pylon MiG-29K and the F-111F. I hope that if any more breakthroughs in modding are created, they'll get merged with this mod, cause it keeps growing bigger and better with each iteration.

Speaking of which - any chance of a better F-111F skin? Unless something's screwy with my installer, the bottom side is as blank as a paper sheet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

The underside side was white on the original file also. I have seen real

F-111s with black underside before. I think there are some with a white underside, but im not positive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

As far as the Mig-29k weapons go, I dont have a clue as I havent flown the Russian jets much at all.

For the washed out terrain, if you have loman or modman5, go to the graphics settings screen and in the lower panel it say "tommy". You can change that to "medium" or "high" and see if that will clear it up.

If not, go to the Extras zip file and find the readme for the fps tweak. In that readme there are highlighted changes made to files (with notes explaning what those changes do). Look for this part in the graphics.cfg file:

LandLodDistances

{

LandDay

{

L01 = 4000;

L12 = 20000;

}

LandNight

{

L01 = 8000;

L12 = 15000;

You will need to go to lockon/config/graphics.cfg right click, open with notepad and edit it back to:

Original setting for LandDay L01 = 10000 and L12 = 40000

click save under file drop down at top left.

Let me know if that doesnt fix it or if my explination was confusing and you need more help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

yeah setting view distance to medium instead of TOMMY fixed it up. I find I have to set my LOD's like this:

LandLodDistances

{

LandDay

{

L01 = 20000;

L12 = 40000;

}

LandNight

{

L01 = 15000;

L12 = 40000;

If I don't then my terrain looks all funky! Thanks for the tip on the view distance I didn't even look there. Now if I could just get the MiG-29K's precision weapons sorted I'd declare this mod a winner!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats cool man. I also went just under tommy (in modman5) and checked the box to open up all the other adjustments. at the bottom left is a LOD slider and i put mine on 2 insted of 1 or 1.5. It lets me see stuff further away and from higher up. I left the Land Day files like Thomas set them and my fps is still good but the LOD at 2 seems to get the best of the both things. There is so many ways to set the sliders to get good fps and good visibility at the same time.

For the Mig, goto the link for that thread by shepski (in the readme file) and you might post there about weapons.

good luck with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs: