TrackIR 5 Issues with DCS

cltmmm

I searched all the posts and though people are having similar problems, it is not like what I am experiencing. Any help is appreciated...

It seems after the 1.2.7 patch that my TrackIR 5 works fine for the first flight (both single and multiplayer). Once I land, or usually crash, exit, and get back in the cockpit, the viewing system goes nuts. If you Alt-Tab over to TrackIR GUI, the output of the camera goes from the nice little tracked 3 dots to what looks like a scrambled mess. I have both the clip and pro, neither work until you stop TrackIR, and restart it. I don't have the problem with any other games. I cleared out my INPUTS directory and reset all the config files for axis inputs. Still no luck. It looks like something deeper is interfering with the camera drivers.

I reduced the 'light filter threshold' setting from 200 to 80 after I noticed my TrackIR 5 went crazy one night, try playing with the setting on yours. My issue showed up straight away though, not after starting a new flight again.

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Could be the 3 reflectors thats wearing out, they get reduced efficiency after 2-3 years (or I still used my TrackIr 4 reflectors), or your TrackIr camera is starting to burn out.

Maybe try insulate the camera from screen, if screen and camera is getting hot. But I ended up buying a new one, when something like that happened to me too.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

And I have a different problem, after some time playing in the DCS, TrackIR 4 does not respond to commands for centering, precision and pause. Also, I noticed the picture at the moment freezes when you press any command on the keyboard or a joystick, and this had not happened I think in previous versions DCSW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I am having lately right about the same issue as original post(er).

Lately every time I start TrackIR (tracking works fine at that point), the moment I start DCS and get into cockpit, the tracking does not work... sometimes it would come back for a second then start jumping around and then stops. When I check TrackIR window I can see it does not track at all.

Quitting the game and restarting trackIR does not help... when I restart TrackIR it doesn't track from the beginning.

But, if I either uninstall the TrackIR and reinstall it... or... just unplug and re-plug... it works after that every time and does not stop working until next time I turn on the PC and try DCS again... in which case it stops working again... so every time I have to unplug/re-plug TrackIR and its really pissing me off now.

No longer active in DCS...

I have TrackIR 5 as well, and running 1.2.7. Today, when performing a ramp start, I noticed the TrackIR was jumping around, from time to time. I've restarted TrackIR5, and it appears to be ok after the restart.

seemed weird, I haven't had any issues with TrackIR with DCS, or BMS. I'll be following this thread, just in case others are reporting TrackIR anomalies..

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
Are there any improvements in 1.2.8 version?

Not sure if it's DCS related, but I have had episodes similar to the OP and Kuky. I have done the same as Kuky. It's either a restart of the software or unplugging it to reset it or even both on rare occasion. It's happened in 1.2.7 and once in 1.2.8 over the past weekend.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I really think it's a DCS problem, because I didn't have such a problem in LockOn 1.12b, even in DCS up to version 1.2.5 I think.

I'll reserve judgement and study it a little more before I make a claim. It just doesn't happen often enough to me to start digging, but I am curious. I need to try some of the setting changes that were mention first off. Also need to pull up from some of this OT at work and get into DCS a lot more to get it to the point of annoying to prompt me, again, start digging. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

i've got 1.2.8 as well 1.2.7 with TIR5 here and i have no problem at all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 6 months later...

Na, this is a dcs problem I reckon, I built my own trackir and using Facetracknoir and it does the same thing. Play a mission end the mission and then I have to restart dcs sometimes to get the headtracking working, it also goes nuts every now and then for no reason, but I just stop and start facetracknoir and that normally fixes that problem.

Once I land, or usually crash, exit, and get back in the cockpit, the viewing system goes nuts. If you Alt-Tab over to TrackIR GUI, the output of the camera goes from the nice little tracked 3 dots to what looks like a scrambled mess.

I have TrackIR 5 as well. Today, when performing a ramp start, I noticed the TrackIR was jumping around, from time to time.

I reduced the 'light filter threshold' setting from 200 to 80 after I noticed my TrackIR 5 went crazy one night, try playing with the setting on yours.

I noticed that when sunlight would shine through the office window that I would have this problem with TrackIR. Handy option that threshold setting, never knew it was in there. However, to solve the problem I just closed the curtain. No problem after that.

The only issue i have had with my TrackIR 5 and DCS, is when DCS crashes. When that happens, I will need to restart the TrackIR software, otherwise for some reason it won't work with DCS, when I restart it.

same!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 8 months later...
I searched all the posts and though people are having similar problems, it is not like what I am experiencing. Any help is appreciated...

It seems after the 1.2.7 patch that my TrackIR 5 works fine for the first flight (both single and multiplayer).

Has this been fixed yet? I am still having it.