My Contribution to the Movie Craze: Venom

Great work EB. I like a nicely developed "plot", and I can see a lot of work went into getting those scenes. Well done.

Your Movie Maker's Club membership pack will be in the post as soon as we start the club, steal some funds, design a membership pack, and buy some stamps. So it'll arrive some time soon after the Su-27 AFM. ;-)

Andrew McP

I was running Lock On at 1280x1024 and set FRAPS to record at half resolution. No audio. Also, ran Lock On at half-speed in order to have decent FPS, then double the speed in Vegas.

How do you run lockon at half speed, pray tell................

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Use Shift-A, Ctrl-A, Alt-A. Those are the default keys for altering the speed of the tracks or of the game in single player. I don't remember exactely who is what because I changed them (my habbit sorry :) ) but, you can play with them from an external camera (for feedback) and you may see in the bottom right corner the speed of the game indications... "S" is for pause 0.5 for half, 1.0 for normal, 2.0 four double... etc.

And I sugest you to read the manual... you may discover that Lock On is a rather complex game :P .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

............And I sugest you to read the manual... you may discover that Lock On is a rather complex game :P .

Thanks for the advice on reading the manual, Would love to do that sometime.

Could not find it anywhere in the manual. I did find it on the first paragraph of the KeyCommands.doc file though.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Just a quick question, a shot early on, the F-16's are flying, the camera is looking towards the sunset, and then you pan almost 180 degrees.....the movement is veeeery smooth, and if you used mouse, how exactly did you get it so smooth?? Was it just luck, some editing trick, or have you tweaked the mouse settings? Oh, and what mouse do you have?

Lol, ok, more than 1 question, but.....heck :p

Just a quick question...

GA, I'm glad you ask... Now how much are you willing to pay? :D

It's actually keyboard. The trick was to edit (lower) the "ExternalKeyboardAccelaration" value in the view.lua file and view.cfg file (although the latter may be unnecessary). There are three settings of slow, medium, and fast, which you can toggle in-game. Just pick one of them and set it to what you want, then hit that setting in-game and pan away. Not sure if that's clear enough, let me know if not.

Nothing special about the mouse.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

edit (lower) the "ExternalKeyboardAccelaration" value

Nice tip. There are so many different settings to tweak, and it's such a pain changing them, loading up LOMAC, wondering why it didn't do what you thought it ought to, then quitting & starting the cycle again. I usually end up forgetting what I was trying to do in the first place, and give up. :-)

Andrew McP

You're going to love this: the .lua files are read before each mission start, which means you do not need to quit and restart Lock On. Alt-Tabing out of the mission editor will do just fine. :) Unfortunately, .cfg files are not so cooperative. But their use is becoming less and less common.

You can send payment to my movie maker's membership account, once it is operational, naturally.

:D

-EB

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

• ED Team
GA, I'm glad you ask... Now how much are you willing to pay? :D

It's actually keyboard. The trick was to edit (lower) the "ExternalKeyboardAccelaration" value in the view.lua file and view.cfg file (although the latter may be unnecessary). There are three settings of slow, medium, and fast, which you can toggle in-game. Just pick one of them and set it to what you want, then hit that setting in-game and pan away. Not sure if that's clear enough, let me know if not.

Nothing special about the mouse.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.

Ah, the keyboard, i kinda thought it would be something like that. What gave it away was the sudden abrupt stop of the camera movement. :p

but thanks for the tip though! ;)

Hey Evilboy, very nice vid.

I have some questions about a camera movement:

1)How did you do the camera movement at 2' of the video, when the first 2 F16 take off?

2)same at 3'02 when the F16 turns: i'm not talking about the shake movement, but how did you manage to place the camera at the 8 o'clock of the F16? i can do this, but with the F4 key. However, the F4 key only works with your plane, not a IA plane... or did I missed something?

How did you do the camera movement at 2' of the video, when the first 2 F16 take off?

If you mean the "camera shaking" effect, this is a trick made popular by Glowing Amraam, if I'm not mistaken. It's done in Vegas, not in-game. Vegas allows you to manipulate the screen (zoom in/out, rotate, move to the sides/up/down, etc.).

same at 3'02 when the F16 turns

Hmm, that is a simple F2 (external) view, plus the Shift+ESC modifier to move it off to the left a little, and some optical zoom (Cntrl+NumPad*). If it was an F4 view, it would stick to the plane when it rolled.

What gave it away was the sudden abrupt stop of the camera movement.

You know, I wanted to fix that little bugger every time I watched that shot (and I watched it a hell of a lot of times), but for some reason never did. Devil's in the details, I guess.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules