Is there a radio chatter Mod?

Dudester22

http://www.liveatc.net/

edit: unless I misunderstood your intention. If you want immersion, listening to ATC using a media player in the background works quite well. If you on the other hand want the relevant information you get over the game radio to sound realistically, then I don't have an answer.

Edited by eurofor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

edit: unless I misunderstood your intention. If you want immersion, listening to ATC using a media player in the background works quite well. If you on the other hand want the relevant information you get over the game radio to sound realistically, then I don't have an answer.

Thanks for the link, but I am talking about the radio chatter in the A10C. To be more specific it's the guys voice doing JTAC that really bugs me. However, I am not sure if they speak like that in real life just to get the message over. I know it's no big deal, but if I can change that voice by a Mod then I will.

Edited by Dudester22

They certainly are more robotic than in real life I'm sure, but a lot of that is on account of the fact that when the Ai is reading off numbers and words for targets its literally accessing individual sound files that involve saying a single number or word and so those when strung together will sound rather unnatural.

That said, there are certain methods for passing on information over radios that call for unnatural ways of speaking, such as pronunciations like Tree instead of Three, Fife instead of Five, though ironically our robot JTAC doesn't do this.

I know of no sound mods for the JTAC voice, though the nature of the files used lends itself very readily to modification; the files are in folders, not even compressed.

Your best bet is to find some user made missions where tasking is assigned through full voice recordings provided by the community, like this one: Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

They certainly are more robotic than in real life I'm sure, but a lot of that is on account of the fact that when the Ai is reading off numbers and words for targets its literally accessing individual sound files that involve saying a single number or word and so those when strung together will sound rather unnatural.

That said, there are certain methods for passing on information over radios that call for unnatural ways of speaking, such as pronunciations like Tree instead of Three, Fife instead of Five, though ironically our robot JTAC doesn't do this.

I know of no sound mods for the JTAC voice, though the nature of the files used lends itself very readily to modification; the files are in folders, not even compressed.

Your best bet is to find some user made missions where tasking is assigned through full voice recordings provided by the community, like this one: Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS

Thanks for that link that mission looks awesome, but does it work with the latest patch in Dcs World? Also, do you have anymore links to missions like that. Thanks!

Oh my GOD! That is so good! I love you.