selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

Sahaj

I also got a 10 cm extension a while ago, and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone wanting to get more precision out of their WH!

The 10 cm stick has been precise enough for me to do all kinds of flying, even realistic helicopters such as Huey and certain X-Plane helicopters. I can still feel the stick force enough to tell where the stick is, but it's clearly a lighter force, obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

I also got my extension a few days ago. I choose the standard 10 cm version. Machining was good with nice finish and threads fit in nice with those on the stick. A nice touch was that the cable is slightly longer than needed meaning you get a natural pressure on the Warhog connectors so there is no risk of loosing the electrical connection. So I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

• 2 weeks later...

I've been flying with my 10cm extension for a few weeks now, but only tried out AAR last night as I was going through The Enemy Within campaign.

This makes a massive difference to refueling the A10C! Easy to connect and easy to stay connected.

As an aside, Sahaj was a pleasure to do business with. The extension shipped quickly and is well made. The cable is longer as Pilum said so takes a little pressure to connect it but easy enough.

i also ordered an 10cm extension. recieved it very fast and installed it looks like it is an original part, it fits just great.

havent flown a lot but the little testing i did looks like a great improvement its way more natural and precise. i wished i had ordered one years ago. so much i am thinking of also order the 15cm and saw of a piece of my desk to lower the thing. i think then it would be relly excellent.

so well done Sahai

I ordered a 20cm extension from Sahajs site. He was prompt to answer any questions I had on messanger. The extension arrived within 6 days. To say its made a difference is an understatement. It had been mentioned to me that it would make a difference but I'd never got round to spending the money. I own all the DCS modules, and although like I said it's made things easier for all of them including a2a refuelling. To me it's the piston engined fighters that have been transformed the most. The Mustang is like flying a new aeroplane, and it has breathed new life into the 109 for me. It's no longer a twitchy wild beast that I constantly have to fight it's more predictable and feels like an aeroplane. It's far easier to fly piston aircraft on the edge of their turning ability without going over the edge and stalling the wing. In my opinion it really let's you experience the effort these guys have made on these flight models as was intended. Thanks Sahaj.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

That link isn't to extensions. I glanced around really quickly but did not see them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

IMO, you should get the longest extension you can comfortably use in your situation.

This.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's ours, in our modded VolairSim.

VolairSim Mods:

*Replaced the bars on each side of the rudder pedals to allow for the width of our Crosswind pedals.

*Added a much larger floor plate to bolt the pedals to, with no lip, along with a spacer between the pedals and plate to allow for heels on floor usage.

*Shortened the 90 degree bracket to allow the center stick to rest lower.

*Fabricated an aluminum plate to interface between the throttle quadrant and the stock plate.

*cut and re-welded the right side stick arm (the angled one that also holds the keyboard tray) to allow for the side stick to move a bit closer towards the centerline.

*shimmed the stick and throttle supports to eliminate slop.

*built a steel dolly with wheels to affix it to, that enables portability.

The MFG Crosswinds also have custom footplates on them that I designed in CAD, based roughly on some CAD that I got from Milan (MFG) and cut on our HAAS. The pedals are elevated above the custom floor plate to allow for heels on the floor operation and the balls of my feet can now rest on the pivot point of the toe brake actuators instead of above.

IMAG0762.thumb.jpg.d67614dce5a67af829724955d918dcf3.jpg

IMAG0759.thumb.jpg.9b3096067430b779431dbe7a330cf74b.jpg

S! TX-EcoDragon

Thank you guys for following the topic and contributing by sending in your pics and opinions, I appriciate it a lot, really !

Here is a little news, maybe even more important for the virtual squadron affiliated among you.

Make something special for your virtual squadron and get some unique squadron hoodies, express your virtual squadron unity !

• Unitary hoodies for your entire virtual squadron
  • Including custom squadron logo
  • Your in-game nick/name
  • Optionally a military rank system consisting of officer cadets, officers and senior officers
  • High quality material
  • Handmade inside EU

All further possible questions please direct to me via forums, email or the contact form on my website : http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/custom-hoodies/

As every possible order will be highly individual, for each squadron something different, I am not able to provide a price estimate and put it forward on my website. However I am sure after exchanging some basic information with the squadron representative I will be able to give you the estimated pricing. Bear in mind that the processing time of individual orders will be significantly longer than standard orders.

Basic materials will be solid black or dark green but on demand I can use one of the camo materials.

S! Sahaj

IMG_4029.jpg.2e862c1993cdf93de22fa261907329f7.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg.7261d2336b745f180b23a44e7b9dbf48.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg.05029953a9ee8a03e9b5d427bf855533.jpg

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed an order for a 15 cm extension really looking forward to relearning to fly with a new set up:)

Quick question to those that can answer. I have recently taken the big spring from the warthog stick and moved the 4 small springs to the top. Should I replace the spring after fitting the extension or do you guys fly without a spring

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15cm or more I would recommend to put the spring back.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The longer axis, also helps with the stiction. It is easier to adjust the amount of force needed to move the stick.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ordered a 10cm extension 2 weeks ago. After a few days the postman had the goodies in his bag:)

This was the best investment after my TIR! It completely changes the feel of the warthog. Finally I´m able to make use of the warthogs excellent mechanical precision.

Now I can´t imagine to use a stock warthog anymore, in fact I should have bought an extension a long time ago!

Anybody still in doubt if it´s worth the money should consider that the warthog was allready quite an investment and the extension catapults it to a completely different level of precision!

regards

Lami/Thomas

I would have to say that no matter which off the shelf stick you own, if you can figure out a way to extend it, then do it. I am on my third one, longer each time, and I don't regret a single penny that I spent.

Maybe you guys can put my mind at ease, I have had no actual confirmation of purchase and no reply from a PM sent to Sahaj. I am sure its nothing to worry about but I have never liked paypal and I do like some proof of purchase when spending money on teh interweb:noexpression:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe you guys can put my mind at ease, I have had no actual confirmation of purchase and no reply from a PM sent to Sahaj. I am sure its nothing to worry about but I have never liked paypal and I do like some proof of purchase when spending money on teh interweb:noexpression:

Cibit, everthing is under control, your stuff is on its way to you ;)

S!

• Like 1

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

I'm sure it's all good. I did not get a response when I made an initial query using the website, but I followed up to the gmail (I think) address and got a very quick and friendly reply. When I finally placed my order, I got a personal email saying that my order was received and shipped out immediately the following day. And I had the extension in hand in about 10 days of shipping after that. All in all, entirely satisfactory experience. And, of course, quality of the product itself is fantastic.

I ordered the 20cm extension. I have never actually tried the WH without the extension --- got the extension and the WH together. I like the response that the 20cm added to the flucrum arm gives, but I think the throw is something to consider. As it is, a full forward deflection makes things a little uncomfortable. But not enough to be a deal-breaker. So, given how rare it is to need that throw (never when flying helis and rare enough when flying fixed wing, at least, WW2 fixed wing), I can live with it. Or rather: I really don't think I want any more pressure required to move the stick, so, with the stock springs, for me, 20cm is the minimum in that regard and the throw is something I just have to live with. I think that for extensions of 15 cm or greater, a curve would be really nice. That would solve all the ergonomic issues. But nobody seems to make such an extension ... if anyone did, I would snap it up in a heartbeat.

Anyway, I'm sure that the extension is on its way to you, and I am sure that you will enjoy it! BTW, if you have not already, you might want to consider your mounting options. I have it mounted on wooden blocks on the floor, so that the handle fits into my hand comfortably while my arm is resting on my lap. That's a little over 11" or so of elevation.

Edited by Bearfoot

Cibit, everthing is under control, your stuff is on its way to you ;)

S!

Many thanks I am really looking forward to trying it out

if you have not already, you might want to consider your mounting options. I have it mounted on wooden blocks on the floor, so that the handle fits into my hand comfortably while my arm is resting on my lap. That's a little over 11" or so of elevation.

Yeah I have a centre mounted stick on a homemade base. To adjust for the new extension I have to have a stand of 23 cm in height. Found an old speaker stand that should do the trick. Going to fabricate a plate to eliminate the original square mounting plate that catches my calves when using the rudder pedals. Got some Krylon black paint I am going to spruce up my collective and the new stand. Nice to have a project again:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]