DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, can it be that the seat height is just different? Look at the HUD, the glass at the Razbam Mirage HUD isn't overlapping at the top. Frankly, I think that the height is simply a bit wrong in the screenshots but the cockpit geometry still looks right to me.

it's probably the angle of view, but i doubt a pilot can reach that position during flight

• ED Team
yes it's a different version but cockpit's shape is the same, i think there is a problem either with the angle of view, either with the 3d model, the circled part shouldn't be viewable, at least that's my opinion.

It is probably just head placement in the cockpit, that's my guess... still looks pretty good to me, least when compared to the correct cockpit version...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

2000c2.JPG

@JohnX: This is the Mirage 2000C Cockpit. The one in your post is for the Mirage 2000D, which is a complete redesign.

Edited by Zeus67
Clarification

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

yes it's a different version but cockpit's shape is the same, i think there is a problem either with the angle of view, either with the 3d model, the circled part shouldn't be viewable, at least that's my opinion.

The cockpit space is the same but not the shape. The instruments are different and their position+shape are not the same.

Having said that, the current viewpoint can be responsible for the angle of view. This aircraft is still an alpha prototype, wait until it is in beta.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

GOOD JOB I love it......please release Alpha version...I can't wait

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

GOOD JOB I love it......please release Alpha version...I can't wait

Same cant wait!! So bored with F-15C! :(

No release it when u think its ok. i will be crazy with the patience but I want a flyable M2000C and not one that crash lool.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Thanks for the updates. Awesome work so far! :thumbup:

Looking forward to fly this aircraft.

Kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!!!

The -5 and C are not the same, even the Glare Shields are different. Sure the basic shape of the tub is similar since the -5 is an upgraded Mirage 2000C but the dash is completely different.

Also C and B use the same HUD unit, the D is different. Also some cockpits have Gun Cameras mounted and some don't. This is why pictures vary for the front of the HUD control panel.

As for the height of the POV, this is a Delta Wing Aircraft with high AOA and pilots do adjust their seat higher to get a better view. Again another issue is with the Sim's camera angle

s perspective.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Can't wait to fly this baby! Thanks for the update! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Just a new teaser:

Screen_150206_001855_zps0c1j2kme.jpg

The PCA (weapons panel) display is finished. No, it still cannot shoot anything except the guns. The other subsystems, like the radar and rwr, need to be coded first.

I had to place the weapons in the aircraft because both the PCA and the HUD have weapon-dependent pages.

Screen_150205_185141_zpsiltiexrt.jpg

I want to see if anybody can spot the error. :smilewink:

Just a new teaser:

The PCA (weapons panel) display is finished. No, it still cannot shoot anything except the guns. The other subsystems, like the radar and rwr, need to be coded first.

I had to place the weapons in the aircraft because both the PCA and the HUD have weapon-dependent pages.

I want to see if anybody can spot the error. :smilewink:

Thanks for yet another update!

A quick question for developers, will AM-39, AS-37 and BLG-66 be included in this module like previously stated? :)

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!!!

No, THANK YOU for providing us with all these updates!

Edited by Slipp