DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

We may see the 530F but there is no chance to see a MICA on it (that would be very unrealistic). Then I don't really understand why someone would like to use the F variant of the Super 530 which is older than the D variant. For your information those are the weapons the FSX version of the plane has (same developers, at least for the model):

e1721312-14b6-4aa0-80af-e90d7e1e17c8.jpg

As far as I know the LGB can be droped but they require to be guided by another plane which has a laser designator or by ground troops.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read, it will be a 2000C with RDI, hence the 530D.

But afaik the first 2000 upgrade capable of using MICAs is the 2000-5 (so with RDY), which is an almost different aircraft.

2000C are technically capable of carrying MICAs, but not use them, so it would be pointless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They should stop FSX version (for the moment) and focus on DCS.

Cant wait!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Nice work Guys, I used this plane in BMS. I have a question for you: do you think to implement air to ground radar or only air to air? My question is due to lack in all DCS models of an AG radar, because probably not implemented in the code.

Regards

D.

The C version carry a A-G radar? Are you sure?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

No, only the N, the D and the -9 version of the Mirage 2000 carry the AG radar. The confusion seems to come from the fact that in BMS the 2000 has the avionic of the F-16 (with a few tweaks).

This is what I have found that mentions the air to ground capability of the RDI:

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1980/1980%20-%201654.PDF

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1988/1988%20-%202724.PDF

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1985/1985%20-%201314.PDF

The most important part is:

The RDI, pulse-doppler radar, was designed for air superiority missions and interception missions at any altitude (whatever the relative difference in target height or sector) on very high performance aircraft with long-range missile fire control. Although the RDI was basically designed for air-air missions, it can also effect mapping, ground avoidance and air-ground range finding.

The official publication (manufacturer advertisement) clearly states that the RDI radar used in the Mirage 2000C is capable of ground mapping. It is unclear to me whether people think the RDI has no air to ground capability because the government is trying to hide that information or if that feature was not implemented in the avionics.

Edited by VincentLaw
fixed broken links

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is unclear to me whether people think the RDI has no air to ground capability because the government is trying to hide that information or if that feature was not implemented in the avionics.

Or because it is irrelevant in missions for which the 2000C is used. :smilewink:

Keep in mind the M2Ks are mission specific aircraft; the RDI has the AG capabilities of an Antilope in AA, i.e. it sucks and is avoided if possible.

Edited by Dusty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is what I have found that mentions the air to ground capability of the RDI:

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1980/1980%20-%201654.PDF

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1988/1988%20-%202724.PDF

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1985/1985%20-%201314.PDF

The most important part is:

The official publication (manufacturer advertisement) clearly states that the RDI radar used in the Mirage 2000C is capable of ground mapping. It is unclear to me whether people think the RDI has no air to ground capability because the government is trying to hide that information or if that feature was not implemented in the avionics.

I'm not sure it has been implemented because the on-board software is pushed to its extreme limits. I think I've heard that in order to carry some AG ordnance they needed to change the software by another version without some of the AA capacities.

because the government is trying to hide

I don't know why they would do that since they are specific AG variants of the 2000.

No, only the N, the D and the -9 version of the Mirage 2000 carry the AG radar. The confusion seems to come from the fact that in BMS the 2000 has the avionic of the F-16 (with a few tweaks).

True, but a common feature of all plane in DCS is the absence of an air to ground radar and that it's really clear in all models developed for this simulator. Do you want some some example? KA50 and not KA52 because the second one uses an air to ground radar like AH64 longobow, but in the reality Russia produced not a big number of this chopper, focusing the attenction on KA52 project. A10C no AG radar like in the reality and FC3 really nice vehicles with a simplified avionics and no mouse clickable pit and not only one aicraft with AG radar guided capabilities. The same situation for all 3rd part project released or not: Mig21, F86 Sabre, HAWK etc. etc. all planes w/o AG radar. I'm not a software developer, but my idea is that they never worked on an air to ground radar and for that my concerne is for F/A18 Hornet by Coretex project, because an Hornet without AG radar should be little bit pointless. Sorry guys for the little OT, you're making an awesome work in this M2000 project.

D.

Do you want some some example? KA50 and not KA52 because the second one uses an air to ground radar like AH64 longobow, but in the reality Russia produced not a big number of this chopper, focusing the attenction on KA52 project.

They went with the Ka-50 because it's a single seat and therefore perfect for simulation. And the A-10 does not have an A/G radar.

ED has an A/G radar in the works with the Charlie Hornet but it's not done yet.

Actually the A-10C has a ground radar, BOTH in real life and in DCS... it's just used to get height over ground in low level flight below 5,000 ft. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They went with the Ka-50 because it's a single seat and therefore perfect for simulation. And the A-10 does not have an A/G radar.

ED has an A/G radar in the works with the Charlie Hornet but it's not done yet.

Really? And UH1-H? It's not a single seat. Yes i know A10C is w/o A/G radar that's a reason because they developed ;).

Actually the A-10C has a ground radar, BOTH in real life and in DCS... it's just used to get height over ground in low level flight below 5,000 ft. :D

Sorry it's not correct. A10 has a TAD with terrain map, improved with information obtained from datalink and TGP and inertial navigation system, it's not a radar AG. I know the avionics of this aircraft in DCS becaused i used for a lot of from the first beta and i'm still using.

D.

Really? And UH1-H? It's not a single seat. Yes i know A10C is w/o A/G radar that's a reason because they developed

Belsimtek is not ED.

ED is introducing their own ideal multiseat with the L-39 which will have multiplayer compatibility, something the UH-1H doesn't have.