Lock on buying, really confused??

Hi,

could someone possibly tell me about buying lock on, and what versions, i found a torrent on the lock on website for flaming cliffs 1 and 2, but what do i need to buy?

if i was to buy this......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lock-Air-Combat-Simulation-PC/dp/B000VOOULU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329843453&sr=8-1

and use the flaming cliffs 1 and 2 torrents of the lock on site, is that legal, and could i use multiplayer?

Also, does anyone know when flaming cliffs 3 is coming out, and how will that work???

completely confused!!

Would really appreciate it if someone could give me all of the links to what i need to buy/download there and then to get the most up to date flaming cliffs.

Thanks alot!

Mike

Something I like to add - explanation why you (and also probably many others) are confused:

As Eagle Dynamics was developing LockOn 9 years ago , UBISoft was the publisher an owner of LockOn.

Up to now Eagle Dynamics/TFC doesn't owns any rights for re-releasing Lockon or offering it as Download..

But they made a agreement with UBI that they can use parts of the code in DCS.

( or something like that )

But FC still can't be offered as a stand-alone product by ED/TFC without LockOn.

That's why we have to keep a copy of UBI's LockOn to be able to install FlamingCliffs .

And I see it as a spectacular negotiation success of ED/TFC with UBISoft that we are able to buy LockOn+FC2 in a single box ;)

Some more trivia:

That's also the main reason why DCS was invented. -BlackShark was first planed as a add-on for LockOn-FC .

This was a official teaser screen-shot for BlackShark back than - and look what's written in the upper-left corner:

lockon_blacksharkscrn01.jpg

Edited by PeterP