Strange water texture overlaping bug... or something - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Kuky
Veteran

Reputation power: 278
Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future
Default Strange water texture overlaping bug... or something

Can anyone tell me just what am I looking at here, I never noticed anything like this before so I don't know if it's something to do with HD7970 or is this some new bug I am seing... basically it looks like there is some "rectangular object" that is conflicting/overlaping with shallow water textures and as I move my point of view in cockpit or outside cockpit it's there following view movement... see screenshots I made to see what I mean... you can't miss it

Anyone seen anything like this on their end?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

No- didn't saw/noticed this.
But I barely use the F2 view.
please post a Track with this Issue appearing.
And Record this track in windowed mode 1024x768.
and post your in-game settings.
Please do it this way so everyone can be sure that he exactly sees the same as you when watching the replay at 1024x768 -and it is not falsified in any kind of way because it is replayed at a different resolution and aspect-ratio.

When you post a track I will have a look.

EDIT:
Now I read the small line under your pictures and realised this screens are taken while SoftTH is active. So it could be caused by SoftTH.

So my guess is to switch on every Debug function in the config.SoftTHconfig and see if it still appears.

Last edited by PeterP; 01-29-2012 at 12:17 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Kuky
Veteran

Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future

I do think now it's caused by SoftTH as when I try either single monitor - full screen, or multimonitor windowed mode without SoftTH I don't see this.

I tried setting all options in config.SoftTHconfig to on like this:
Quote:
[debug]
compatibleIB=1
compatibleTex=1
compatibleVB=1
enableVBQuirk=1
...the thing is still there

Don't know if you noticed but this is not just in F2 view, I first noticed it in cockpit view (see last screenshot)

Last edited by Kuky; 01-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Kuky
Veteran

Found it... Googled for "SoftTH zClear" and saw this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=73202 I changed config.SoftTHconfig zClear = 0 and this strange alien rectangle over water is gone
Old 01-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

^^Exactly what I also wanted to tell you ...

-I spend about 20min over the coast of Batumi... without seeing this . And than I said to my self:
"Hey let's configure SoftTH like I would do it at the first time!...."
And than I saw this also!

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote