Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
BigfootMSR

Reputation power: 11
BigfootMSR is just really niceBigfootMSR is just really nice
Default KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

My goal is to create an in cockpit training environment to help you understand the systems of the KA-50 Black Shark.

I'm sorry, but these missions will only work for Black Shark 2 and appear to only work in World 1.2.0 or later at this point.

These Missions have been integrated into the core game and will be found under the training menu by default instead of the old videos.

*TIP* It may be necessary to hold down a button such as the ABRIS buttons for the trigger to take affect.
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/173790/ *File contains ALL current training missions* Thanks PeterP for the menu integration.

**Known Issues with the missions**
- The advanced ABRIS training when it asks you to input the airdrome, none of the airdromes listed in the flight manual return. They all say "not found."
I have fixed this issue but I will leave this error here for the time being to ensure that it does not break something else. The fix can be found here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/
Simply extract the folder into your DCS World folder and allow it to overwrite. Now you should be able to make those RAIM calculations. The correct code for Kobuleti however is UG5X, not KBLT as the training mission states. I will be updating the training mission soon with this information.

Thank you everybody for your support with these missions. Your feedback is welcome and encouraged to make these even better.

In a somewhat related note, you can also view my A-10C JTAC coordinate training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

*FUN FACT* Some of these missions have been downloaded over 3 thousand times! Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

WARNING: If you don't want to listen to a history lesson. Stop reading here.
A lesson in History? Ok, maybe not so much. I absolutely love the DCS series and I am was blown away by its complexity and beauty all at the same time when I first sat in the cockpit of the A-10 and to this day. It was my first re-introduction to the genre from many years ago. I was immediately drawn in by the training missions walking you through the various steps of the cockpit and the true depth of the simulation. But I learned it in no time because I was able to see and follow the instructors instructions step by step and move the components myself. Then I found out about Blackshark2 and was very eager to have a helicopter to compliment this amazing A-10. Sadly, there were no training instructions, only videos which I have a hard time learning from. I watched a few a few times, picked up a few of the mandatory steps, but in the end, I got her started by flipping on all the switches. My buddies would say, "How do I start this thing?" and all I could say was. "I dunno, just flip all the switches".

I began asking questions on the forums here and reading about other people asking the same thing. I began to see the same thing over and over. "How do I do this?" In all honesty, I put the game down and went back to A-10. Though at the time there was a lack of missions available for the sim so I took it upon myself from my group of friends to get into the mission editor and design some missions for us to fly. While trying to teach myself the mission editor, I was dissecting the trigger system through the missions provided by ED. I began to see how the mission editor worked and then BAM!!! A stroke of genius hit me, I opened an A-10 training mission to see how it was done and realized that these same triggers and settings were available to me to use. After much more research and videos, I began creating my JTAC coordinate entry training because the forums were awash of "How do I enter the coordinates the JTAC gives me?"

Once I had released that mission, I thought I could apply what I had learned to the Blackshark and set out to do just that. I watched the official videos over and over again laying out the mission verbiage and style on paper then more research to figure out how to set the triggers to see the various components of the cockpit. After many long hours of research and asking questions here on the forum, we have the missions as they are today. While I personally feel there is always room for improvement, and I am all ears, I feel these missions are complete. Each of these missions took about 20 hours each with the cold startup taking approximately 40 hours due to a lack of knowledge to complete. The Advanced ABRIS training also took about 40 hours due to the amount of information and complexity it has. In the end, I am always open for suggestions and above all else, I hope this effort has been helpful in helping new pilots get flying sooner and enjoying the game faster.

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Last edited by BigfootMSR; 03-07-2016 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Updated information
BigfootMSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
AlphaOneSix
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 62
AlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to behold

Awesome, thanks for your efforts!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
TurboHog

Reputation power: 18
TurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of light

Ah I now see that I actually already tried your start-up tutorial! I'm very pleased with it and I think they should be included in the next patch some way . Quality is similar to the DCS: A10 Warthog tutorial.

Looking forward to try the ABRIS Tutorial!
TurboHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
74th_Lunatic

Reputation power: 7
74th_Lunatic is a jewel in the rough

You must be commended for your time and effort. So on behalf of the 74th VFS "The Flying Tigers" Thank you.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
genbrien

Reputation power: 16
genbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of light

just tested the ''cold start prcedure'' and I must say WOW!
I never tried to learn as there was no training like the A-10, but now I'll try
thx alot!
Spoiler:

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max
Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
genbrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Tehrawk

Reputation power: 8
Tehrawk will become famous soon enough

Like I said before, your start up procedure couldn't be better!

I am trying to do the weapons employment, but I have a very minor problem.

I use 3 monitors with Eyefinity. I had to alter a file to allow me to zoom out far enough in the cockpit. Or else I have a very restricting view. All people who have multiple monitors have to do this. Somehow this particular mission overwrites this, and I am left with the default zoom value. Though this is really a minor problem, for the sake of a tutorial anyway.

Last edited by Tehrawk; 01-27-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Tehrawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
BigfootMSR

Reputation power: 11
BigfootMSR is just really niceBigfootMSR is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehrawk View Post
Like I said before, your start up procedure couldn't be better!

I am trying to do the weapons employment, but I have a very minor problem.

I use 3 monitors with Eyefinity. I had to alter a file to allow me to zoom out far enough in the cockpit. Or else I have a very restricting view. All people who have multiple monitors have to do this. Somehow this particular mission overwrites this, and I am left with the default zoom value. Though this is really a minor problem, for the sake of a tutorial anyway.
Hmm... Are you having the same problem in the start up procedures? I am not sure what could be causing this issue to be honest. I will try and look into it some more. Which file is it that you are overwriting out of curiosity? Thanks for the feedback.

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612
BigfootMSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

Reputation power: 146
Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

Played the Weapons Employment lesson. Great job! Feel free to ask if you need any help putting these together.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Tehrawk

Reputation power: 8
Tehrawk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootMSR View Post
Hmm... Are you having the same problem in the start up procedures? I am not sure what could be causing this issue to be honest. I will try and look into it some more. Which file is it that you are overwriting out of curiosity? Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah it is totally fine in your start up tutorial, and any quick mission I loaded. It really is not a major issue, it is just a little bit too zoomed in, but still totally playable. Here is the method I used to fix the it.

Just finished the weapon deployment mission. Took me a while, because I forgot that "Release Weapon" and "Gun Fire" were completely separate buttons. Maybe you could add a note to the text just to clarify this.

Other that slight misunderstanding. Yet another great tutorial. Easy to follow, and I couldn't break it. No matter how fast I tried to get through the steps.
Tehrawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
genbrien

Reputation power: 16
genbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of light

The only ''negative'' thing I found is when the blades are turning, your voice is barely auditable.
Would it be possible in your next missions to popup your voice volume please?!
Thx alot and keep up the very good work!
(btw, took 2 times of your cold start mission for me to be able to start it alone!)
Spoiler:

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max
Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
genbrien is offline   Reply With Quote