Click- and Customizable Radio Menu for DCS World

Clickable Radio Menu for DCS World v3.1

(it's now final/feature-closed and expect no further updates as long there are no bugs with DCS 1.2.6.17746 and upcoming DCS builds)

v3.1

Fixes a logical flaw/bug when moving the selection down (RadioMenu_Ypos_Config) ;

The selected radio-device indicator (UHF/VHF/Intercom) won't separate from the selection menu anymore.

And it has now more configuration settings and a two-point calibration that allows you to change the text-size.

Clickable%20Radio%20for%20DCS%20World.jpg

The ReadMe.txt

Click-able Radio Menu for DCS World v3.1

All test are made in DCS World 1.2.6.17746

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Installation:

!First remove any previous version!

Copy the contend of the "DCS World" folder inside your DCS Installation and allow to overwrite.

Example path:

C:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World

Than Place the "Clickable Radio Menu for DCS World" folder wherever you want and run the

"Click-able_Radio_Menu_Calibration_Tool.exe" that you find inside.

First run:

Run the

...Clickable Radio Menu for DCS WorldCalibration_Tool.exe

and follow the instruction.

(see also "Click here for the Calibration.jpg" for reverence.)

You may have to give "Calibration_Tool.exe" administration rights. - this depends on your UAC settings.

It is necessary to run DCS World the first time windowed , so you can see the instruction.

You can switch back again after a successful calibration .

The calibration Tool will create a "Clickable_Radio_Menu.ini" where the X/y coordinates are stored.

You can click the Radio Menu with the Middle Mouse button when the calibration is done.

(It's the Middle Mouse button to prevent conflicts with the clickable cockpits)

You can Change anytime the button by right clicking the Green Tray-Icon with a 'H' to your liking.

FC3 and Su25T Users have to press once ESC and than the Pause/Brake key to get a visible Mouse Pointer!

Than you can move the "ESC"pop-up to a place where it doesn't disturb your view - simply drag'n'drop .

Run the Calibration Tool again when you change your screen layout.

You can edit various aspects like position and size in

..DCS WorldConfigClickableRadioMenuConfig.lua

Use a proper editor for this job! ( http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ )

How to edit the GUI window:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84266

Regular Start after calibration:

Start the Click able Radio Menu before starting DCS with the

...Clickable Radio Menu for DCS 1.2.2>button<_Click-able_Radio_Menu.exe

You may have to give it administration rights. - this depends on your UAC settings.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hot tip:

Place a shortcut of the file with the button of your choise in your Startup folder.

Path: C:Users>User Name<AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup

So it is loaded when your system boots and you don't have to manually start it any more.

End the process by right-clicking the Green "H" icon in your notification tray .

-PeterP

Info/Feedback >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76225

The configuration file (..DCS WorldConfigClickableRadioMenuConfig.lua) :

--!! Keep in mind that you have to re-run the calibration when you changed the position and/or size !!

TextSize_Config = 100    -- 100 is the default. Changes the size of the RadioMessageLog and RadioMenu
                       -- Read it as percentage. Use a percentage that suits you.
                       -- I recommend to use 150 and up for a Touch-screen.

SelectionMenuLog_FontSize_Config = 15         -- 15 is default ; Font size of the Selection Menu Log (the Log above the selection)
                                           -- Tip: set it to 12 if you want it in the same size as the selection menu.    

-- Radio Menu Selection position relative to the GUI. Not visible when Moved above and beyond the left/right of the GUI.
-- Default position is aligned to the Top/Right of the GUI.

RadioMenu_Xpos_Config = 400     -- 400 is default = 400 pixels from the left relative to the GUI window 
                               -- A smaller number can result in cut-off text. This depends on your TextSize setting
                               -- min working number for 100% TextSise is 280.

RadioMenu_Ypos_Config = 0         -- Vertical position in Pixels , 0 is default. Don't use negative numbers

-- Radio Message Log position relative to the GUI. The Massage Log is not visible when Moved above and beyond the left/right of the GUI.
-- Default position is aligned to the Top/Left of the GUI.    So use only positive numbers.

RadioMessageLog_Xpos_Config = 0        -- Vertical position in Pixels ; 0 is default 

RadioMessageLog_Ypos_Config = 0        -- Horizontal position in Pixels ; 0 is default 

RadioMessageLog_Width_Config = 600     -- In Pixels. I use 600px as default. Change it to your needs.
                                   -- This allows you to have the massages in 'block' instead a single long line that reaches from the left to right.
                                   -- When length of the line has reached its maximum it will create a new line.                                    

-- Sorry, but I didn't found up to now how to move the Radio items outside the boundaries of the GUI.
-- But you can 'shift' the Whole Radio items.
-- This can be very helpful on Multi-Monitor systems.

ShiftRadioWindow_Horizontal_Config = 0        -- 0 is default ; Shifts the whole Radio items left/right relative to the GUI in pixels.
                                           -- This makes it possible to display all elements of the Radio Menu outside the boundaries of the GUI-Window.
                                           -- negative = left ; positive = right
                                           -- example: "-1920" = 1920px to the left ; "1920" = 1920px to the right

ShiftRadioWindow_Vertical_Config = 0        -- 0 is default ; Shifts the whole Radio items  up/down relative to the GUI in pixels.
                                           -- This makes it possible to display all elements of the Radio Menu outside the boundaries of the GUI-Window.
                                           -- negative = up ; positive = down
                                           -- example: "-1080" = 1080px up ; "1080" = 1080px down

-- How to edit the GUI window:
                       -- http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84266

-- A pixel ruler that helps you with the configuration:
                       -- http://www.pixelwindowapp.com/

-- Info/feedback/annotations:
                       -- http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76225

-- PeterP 02.10.2013

Where to click with the Middle Mouse button for calibration:

Click%20here%20for%20the%20Calibration.jpg

Changing the Mouse button and re-calibration on the fly:

Cange%20button%20on%20the%20fly.JPG

Please Vote! >>> Poll: Who wants a click-able radio menu ?

[DOWNLOAD]

...for those that are interested why and how it works.

The AHK code that runs the whole show:

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1893452#post1893452

Edited by PeterP
Typo's , a lota!
  • Like 2

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the

"3. Backup"

seem to have different file sizes than 1.1.0.8 originale?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

the

"3. Backup"

seem to have different file sizes than 1.1.0.8 originale?

That's because I have left annotations to help you to find the right lines if you want to create a unique spawn point:

menu.res:

\dialog

\begin

\tag{-1}

\coord{0, 10, 1024, 300}

\color{50, 50, 50, 50}

\musthavecursor{0}

\drawitself{0}

\acceptmouse{0}

\fixedposition{0}

\dontinflate{4}

\onmainview{4}

\layer{1000}

\bordercolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\hasborder{0}

\end

\static

\begin

\tag{2}

\coord{802, 25, 1024, 40} ; edit here for unique spawn point

\color{200, 200, 200, 50}

\drawitself{0}

\fonttype{font_arial_13}

\fontcolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\alignmentleft

\caption{}

\end

\multicolumnlistbox

\begin

\tag{3}

\coord{800, 50, 1024, 300} ; edit here for unique spawn point

\defaultitem{Radio/command_list_box_item.res}

\columnswidth{224}

\marker1{Radio/command_list_marker.res}

\bordercolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\visiblescrollbar{0}

\hasborder{0}

\readonly{0}

\end

• Like 1

That's because I have left annotations to help you to find the right lines if you want to create a unique spawn point:

menu.res:

OK thx

great work

• Like 1

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey PeterP is there a way that you could make cycling radio communications ? What I would like: Mic Switch Up/Dwn to cycle the entrys, Mic Switch Aft to return to previous menu, Mic Switch Down to choose and confirm.

I saw a thread where Evil was talking about that by using arrow keys and I don't think they will implement it.

Best regards, Migo

• 2 months later...
Works also for Black Shark 2. :thumbup:

I did a hover check and the menu got stuck in that mode and I couldn't get out of it. This meant that I then had no ability to contact ATC or my wingman anymore for the rest of the mission. Since it was a campaign mission I'd fail it to fix the issue.

Any chance of a 1.1.1.0 both games update to this? WinMerge showed a lot of little things had changed, but I'm not familiar enough with Lua to know how to combine it all properly.

Hey PeterP is there a way that you could make cycling radio communications ? What I would like: Mic Switch Up/Dwn to cycle the entrys, Mic Switch Aft to return to previous menu, Mic Switch Down to choose and confirm.

I saw a thread where Evil was talking about that by using arrow keys and I don't think they will implement it.

Best regards, Migo

Sorry no "easy" way to implement it - I already experimented with autohotkey to do this but it can get very complicated and buggy in the end.

The radio menu unfortunately is missing a "select first before execute" stage - means choosing a option in the radio menu will instantly execute this. - so a cycling with a button is not possible.

Also tried to make a autohotkey script that moves my mouse to a specific place and makes a click on the menu - but this can get really buggy if your radio menu isn't shown - and will lead to a chain of uncontrolled clicks into the cockpit...it also highly depends which res. you are using... and there so many commands to program - so I dropped this Idea again.

I did a hover check and the menu got stuck in that mode and I couldn't get out of it. This meant that I then had no ability to contact ATC or my wingman anymore for the rest of the mission. Since it was a campaign mission I'd fail it to fix the issue.

Any chance of a 1.1.1.0 both games update to this? WinMerge showed a lot of little things had changed, but I'm not familiar enough with Lua to know how to combine it all properly.

Sorry - but (fortunately) couldn't reproduce this and everything works fine at my end.

Can you please try to reproduce it and please post a track?

Please also tell me which pre-set you are using for the radio and your used in-game res.

Because if I run it not in the same resolution setting and you have used the mouse to click the menu - I will not be able to replay your track correctly.

Or just only use the F-Keys to control the radio menu - so it will replay correctly at my end without the need to use the exact setting that you use.

Anyway- I couldn't reproduce this in single-player.

I attached a 5min track where everything works as expected.

First I done this with controlling the menu with the mouse - and after that I rerecorded it using the F-keys.

Can you please replay it at your end and see if it will also work for you.

Please don't mind that I got no response first from my wingman - that happened because he wasn't in the air when I try to give the "rejoin" commando. But as you can see it worked as soon he was airborne.

Track: RadioMod check BS2.trk

If i increase the font size to 15, DCS crashes. How did you do it?

This is the right way to change the font size ID:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1235389#post1235389

You can only use fonts that are already in the ...\Fonts folder - so if a font with a "10" at the ending is to small ,and "15" is to big - you have to choose something in between of the given fonts in this folder.

Yes, natuerlich! I have made it bigger so you can make it smaller:

I have made some annotations for exactly this question from you. (Yes- exactly! -just right before I want to press the "send button" I sometimes hear the voice of Obi-Wan talking to me... and asking if I have free up my mind for the things to come... tongue.gif )

Because when the screen is bigger - so will the font... and I had the strange feeling that this will be one of the first questions...

(I have optimised the size of the font for the use with a touchscreen. on a overall res of 3840x1536.

You can make your own annotations by separating them by a ";" .)

Here we go - Open the "command_list_box_item.res" in ...\DCS root folder\FUI\Resources\Radio with a editor :

\istext{1}

\fonttype{font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_15} ; default {font_arial_10}
; fonts in ...\DCS A-10C\FUI\Fonts

\thickborder{1}
\xshift{0}
\yshift{0}
\drawitself{0}
\activating{1}
\pressing{1}
\sendparent{1}
\hasborder{0}
\alignmentleft
\elevated{1}
\isswitch {1}
\upclick{1}
\frameinactive{1}
\is3dtext{0}
\is3dtextdown{0}
\readonly{0}

look out

for this line:

\fonttype{font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_15} ; default {font_arial_10}

; fonts in ...\DCS A-10C\FUI\Fonts

it contains already everything you need to know to do it by yourself.

go to ...\DCS A-10C\FUI\Fonts and copy the font-name you want to use without the file extension into the mentioned line above. That's all.

Reminder:

You can only use fonts that are already in the ...\Fonts folder - so if a font with a "10" at the ending is to small ,and "15" is to big - you have to choose something in between of the given fonts in this folder.

Edit: (before the question rise...)

If you want to have a smaller Head-line or change the color :

open the menu.res

and start to look around at line 23:

\begin
   \tag{2}
   \coord{512, 25, 1024, 40} ; edit here for unique spawn point
   \color{200, 200, 200, 50}
   \drawitself{0}
[b]  \fonttype{font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_15} ; default {font_arial_13} the fonts are in ...\DCS A-10C\FUI\Fonts
   \fontcolor{18, 255, 0, 255} ; default white = {255, 255, 255, 255}  -green = {18, 255, 0, 255} blue = {0, 0, 255, 255} yellow = {255, 255,  0, 255} red = {255, 0, 0, 255}[/b]
   \alignmentleft
   \caption{}

I have also included the RGB values for white,green,blue,yellow and red in the annotations.

Did you do it the same or did you just raised the number in the line that defines the font?

Edited by PeterP

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

The click-able radio menu in 1.2.0 is Back!! (well, sort of - thanks to AHK!)

I had today one of these infamous "eureka" moments in the bath....

well - its rather simple... but you also have to get the idea first!smile.gif -having my vacation now also helped immense in doing it.

As You can see I Have rearranged also the whole Radio menu items - otherwise this will not work at all settings out of the box as I need fixed X/Y coordinates for the selection menu - and this is much convenient to do if the selection box is on the left side.

(took me some time to find all the functions... well I now know nearly everything about how a menu item is drawn/positioned in DCS biggrin.gif)

I will compile three different versions in the end:

1. For normal "expected" users:

with a single monitor (or even more - but the "camera/gui" at the left/top most- at X/Y =0)

2. For Triple-head users:

The Radio menu will only appear at the middle screen

3. For Multi-Monitor/SoftTH/cockpit-builders/Helios users : (this is you)

This version will include a detailed instruction how to customize almost every aspect of the radio menu.

Size appearance position and so on....

Version 1+2 can be downloaded here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1524149#post1524149

Simply follow the instruction in the Zip file.

Please make some test and report in this thread if you had problems.

Ah almost forgot : you control the radio menu with the Right mouse button.

Thanks to all that use this mod and have no bugs!smile.gif

Well- I said that I will upload a instruction last weekend -

Short: I didn't made it.

Long winded:

It is more complicated that you might think to "squeeze"

the radio-items at any place you want. And it is really hard to explain the logic behind it.

So I turn it now the other-way around -

when I get at least 20 responses of people that really need to move it (and are not just curious) I will start to work down this list and help each after another to get the comms-menu how they need it -

and once this is done I will use the info of these "talk-ons " to write the instruction by using some of these examples.

smile.gif

Edited by PeterP

WoW - Intensive testing over after 30min?!:)

Please: Post in which kind of res you have tried and also check it windowed and full-screen.

...I will later on ad a Hotkey to enable-disable the script.

But as I said - first I have to be sure it works satisfying for you - please provide me also some feedback if you like the new Radio-layout and/or what bugs you.

:)

Please also check all cockpit functions that can be triggered wit the R-Mouse button.

All right! :D Thanks.

I don't think that a excel sheet is needed! :)

Lukas - you know me - I just want to make sure that testers throw me a frickin' Bone when they see that something don't works - so I don't have to reply with only "...and your relevant setting are?"

One notice though: make sure you suspend the autohotkey if you are going in the mission editor, or you will not be able to move the map around.

I have a fix already in the pipeline - I will bind the F-10 key also to toggle this script. -so you can also drag the map around in the simulation.

seems to be the best solution up to now. - but first I want some basic tests that assures me that the script don't crash in DCS - before I add more code to it.

well - I have to watch Olympics and mix some cocktails - so no testing time for me today any-more -I looked already the last 10houers at code - this is more than enough for a Friday while in vacation.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Just got in and read your message Peter I will give it a go as well, after some food and a beer :)

got to make sure it passes the beer goggles test as well :P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As I wrote:

Hi

Please make some test and report in this thread if you had problems.

.. don't worry - I will ask a moderator to clean the mess if needed - once the mod is up I will edit the first post entirely and ask for renaming this thread.

My PM folder is full enough - and the weekend starts ... so I get all these "can you help me with my settings?" PM's ;) - and I don't like to have six browsers open just to cross-check some info :)

The info/questions/experience you give is also very valuable for others.

The PM:

Hi Peter,

The mod works great, just one issue for me, my radio dialogues are on my left screen but to use the right click function I have to guess the location on my middle screen smile.gif

I am sure this is fixable once moving the menus has been achieved again for 1.2.0.

thanks for the work, much appreciated

Yes I expected this.

The solution will be that I will compile three different versions in the end:

1. For normal "expected" users:

with a single monitor (or even more - but the "camera/gui" at the left/top most- at X/Y =0)

(this is the version I have loaded up - sorry for didn't made it more clear )

2. For Triple-head users:

The Radio menu will only appear at the middle screen

3. For Multi-Monitor/SoftTH/cockpit-builders/Helios users : (this is you)

This version will include a detailed instruction how to customize almost every aspect of the radio menu.

Size appearance position and so on....

Edited by PeterP