iWarthog iPhone/iPod touch free app available for download now on iTunes app store

Sickdog

I'm pleased to announce that my app has been approved and is now available for free download on the apple iTunes app store. Just search for iWarthog in the store.

It is simply a companion to DCS A-10 that features:

-Interactive checklist from the DCS flight manual

-Emergency procedures from the DCS flight manual

-Comprehensive Mission Data Card that allows users to create/edit/delete information for separate missions

-Zoomable Airbase PDF diagrams

-And a reproduction of the UI "Encyclopedia" (with all aircraft metric information converted to US measurements for us that are behind the curve in the states! ;) )

I hope the community finds some use for it and it helps in some way to improve your simming experience. Also would like to thank ED for letting me use their info in my app, as well as Shu77 for his airport diagrams, and WarriorX for his mission card ideas.

This is my first "released" iPhone app, so I'm open to all kinds of feedback. If there's something you think I should add/delete/modify, please let me know and I'll see if I can make the changes for future updates. Also, if there is enough demand, I'll port it over to the iPad and make it even better for the larger screen interface.

One last note. I have dedicated a lot of my time and effort into this app and released it for free. If you like it and want to donate a small something, here's my support page with a pay paypal link:

http://dcsa-10iphoneapp.blogspot.com/2011/06/iphone-app-is-alive-on-itunes-store.html

Thanks everyone and enjoy!

-sickdog

Edited by Sickdog
app info
  • Like 22

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded and .......... :surprise: :thumbsup:

It's awesome, rep inbound.

I am on iPad myself, and looks great and very usable. Would love to see it converted for specifically for the iPad's big screen. then it will look even better.

Edited by Runibl

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Set up my ipod to get the WiFi from my phone. Went to download and have to update itunes first.

What a blow after thinking I was such a clever bugger :) will have to wait till I get home

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great App. Rep inbound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! If this positive reaction continues, I'll start work soon on the iPad version. I already have a couple things I'll work on for the next update for this version:

1)Most updated airbase charts (I think the ones I used are at least one version old)

2)LAT LON coordinate inputs.... I'm so used to in real life using Degrees/Min/Seconds that I didn't realize that DCS uses Degrees/Min/fraction of minutes. I'll change that around for better input.

3)Update the DCS checklist (patch 1.1.0.8 came out just after I submitted the app to Apple)

4)If enough people are interested and I get permission to use them, I could incorporate different versions of Normal Checklists. Or, I could make an option to create your own checklist within the app.

5)I'd like to continue exploring the possibility of importing mission briefing info into the app without the user having to enter everything manually. (And on that note, for anyone who wants to "copy and paste" long mission descriptions into the app to avoid typing it themselves, this is what I suggest: Highlight and copy the text from within DCS A-10, alt-tab out, paste text into an email to yourself, open email on iOS device, select the text and "copy", open up or multitask into iWarthog, and finally, tap in any textfield/textview and select "paste")

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments!

• Like 2

Nice job sickdog! :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

I got a problem. I cannot install onto my Ipod touch. It says I need iphone software 3.2.2 update.

But itunes on the pc says I am up to date with version 3.1:cry:

Any ideas?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a problem. I cannot install onto my Ipod touch. It says I need iphone software 3.2.2 update.

But itunes on the pc says I am up to date with version 3.1:cry:

Any ideas?

I'm guessing you have a first generation iPod Touch, am I right? After a quick search, I see that I didn't support backwards compatible far enough. That's my fault. No problem, I'll resubmit to Apple right now supporting 3.0 and up. If all goes well, update should be available in the next 24 hours... I'll repost after I resubmit.

Cheers!

4)If enough people are interested and I get permission to use them, I could incorporate different versions of Normal Checklists. Or, I could make an option to create your own checklist within the app.

Would love to see this, including the one by paulrkii base on the real checklist, if possible and of course with permission.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Thank you:)

You're welcome. I just resubmitted the app to Apple for supporting iOS 3.0 and up (for anyone running iPhone 3G or iPod touch 1st generation). From what I hear updates don't take nearly as long to be reviewed, I think it should be ready within 24 hours. I'll post when it's up.

how about explaining what the app does, and how about android version? :)

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas