Warthoggers: Updated firmware released - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
topdog

Reputation power: 15
topdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nicetopdog is just really nice
Default Warthoggers: Updated firmware released

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index...&pid=311&cid=1

I haven't tried this - frankly because I'm not sure why I should, but FYI..

If anyone digs up a real changelog for it (other than it just pushing the firmware versions up) it would be good to share that too. It might be inside the download itself perhaps, haven't checked yet.

All it says on the link above:

Changes :
Includes Firmware versions 10 (Joystick) & 18 (Throttle)
Protection of the flash write through HID to avoid potential flash corruption

Last edited by topdog; 12-06-2010 at 07:40 PM.
topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Teej

Reputation power: 16
Teej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of light

I suspect the last line of your post is the meat of the matter.

"flash corruption" would be at least some of the dead stick/throttle problems.

I've updated mine. Everything still works.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
hassata
Veteran

Reputation power: 116
hassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud of

you're a brave man teej. wonder if this is recommended for people without the the reported issues. heading over to simhq

Last edited by hassata; 12-06-2010 at 08:50 PM.
hassata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Teej

Teej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of lightTeej is a glorious beacon of light

Given that they specifically say your stick must be properly recognized in device manager and game controllers before using the firmware updater....I'd say 'yes'.

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
Yskonyn

Reputation power: 19
Yskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really niceYskonyn is just really nice

thanks for sharing this. I will check my firmware version first before running this upgrade. My serial is in the mid 2000s.

Yassy's HQ - Visit and download my TrackIR profile.

Spoiler:
Asus Z87-A, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz, Intel i5 4670K 3.4Ghz, Asus GTX780 3GB, SB Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, G15, G13, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit
Yskonyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 153
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

Installed, still needed the update (serial 2438 ), works fine.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
swift

Reputation power: 48
swift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to beholdswift is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the heads up topdog. Just updated mine, and everything seems working fine. But why do I have to touch something that is working? what's life without risks, heh?

@ Teej according to this post I thought that nothing is 'downloaded' to flash memory in the device. Is this somewhat related, or I totally missed the point?
swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
PoleCat

Reputation power: 90
PoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to behold

Done...all good.

Out
Old 12-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #9
Teej

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Thanks for the heads up topdog. Just updated mine, and everything seems working fine. But why do I have to touch something that is working? what's life without risks, heh?

@ Teej according to this post I thought that nothing is 'downloaded' to flash memory in the device. Is this somewhat related, or I totally missed the point?
I stand by what I said - the profile isn't "donwloaded" to the stick like it was with the Cougar.

Clearly something with the system has the potential to corrupt the firmware however. Whether that's the throttle (or stick) corrupting its own firmware during the initialization process when they're powered on (by plugging in to a computer) or TARGET writing something out there that I'm not aware of (which, as it stands today, I doubt but wouldn't swear isn't happening), I don't know.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
celticcoho

Reputation power: 21
celticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of lightcelticcoho is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
Done...all good.

Out
Same here, all good!!!
WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5, JIM.
celticcoho is offline   Reply With Quote