Nights aren't dark enough

Yellonet

Is it possible to have a completely dark night? I have tried several different settings, but I can't seem to get it dark enough, the ground is always lit up as if glowing so there's never any need for an instrument landing for instance, the world is always lit up enough for me to see.

Anyone else have this or am I alone?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

It depends upon which day of the month the mission takes place.

Go into the mission editor's Briefing page and look for the circled box....

nightqh.jpg

.....This controls the day of the month. I think it accepts values of 0-30. Change it to 15 and your mission will have no moon lighting up the terrain.

For the love of all that is decent, please add this to the FAQ :D

I'll make a mental note to request it's addition to the GUI manual :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

.....This controls the day of the month. I think it accepts values of 0-30. Change it to 15 and your mission will have no moon lighting up the terrain.

It actually refers to the day of the year, with day 1 being 1st of July if my memory serves me well. So depending on when you'd like the mission to take place you can change it to anything between 1 - 365.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It actually refers to the day of the year, with day 1 being 1st of July if my memory serves me well. So depending on when you'd like the mission to take place you can change it to anything between 1 - 365.

That's really odd... The mission editor seems to max it out at 500? 1-30 made sense, 365 is silly, but kinda makes sense but 500? Doesn't make sense.

Is it not Julian Date as in the military? I know that in finance July1 is used for day one of the fiscal year, but I've never seen a fiscal/julian calendar.

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Is it not Julian Date as in the military? I know that in finance July1 is used for day one of the fiscal year, but I've never seen a fiscal/julian calendar.

In the US military the 1st fiscal/julian date is Oct 1.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Government/Military fiscal day one is Oct 1, but the Julian Calendar is always January 1. Today's julian date in U.S. military format is 2010327.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm