My Hotas WH died

jsk

I'm still wondering why it worked for me after so many failed attemps.

Has someone tried to uninstall Target, uninstall warthog drivers, clean the registry (e.g. CCleaner), reboot and try to install the drivers again.

I'm not an expert, but thats what i did. I think its worth a try.

Hope you all succed in reviving your pigheaded warthogs. :smilewink:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still wondering why it worked for me after so many failed attemps.

Has someone tried to uninstall Target, uninstall warthog drivers, clean the registry (e.g. CCleaner), reboot and try to install the drivers again.

I'm not an expert, but thats what i did. I think its worth a try.

Hope you all succed in reviving your pigheaded warthogs. :smilewink:

Thanks Pumpernickel. It was nice having a throttle for a few days. Tried all of that 2 times. I have windows 7 manager for registry cleaner. The throttle acts like its a dead brick. I think a electic component went out. This does happen. I am not mad. I still think it is a high quality product. Sending it in to get fixed or replace. TM support has been good so far. I have held down those two buttons until my thumb and finger turned blue. Joystick is no problem. Plug and unplug the joystick and Windows recognise it all day, even without the TM utility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The warthogs arrived in Aus yesterday, at PC case gear anyway and my stick is dead 8(.

straight out of the box.

te throttle is fine but the stick is showing a win bootloader issue.

emailed TM now just waiting for a response.

Edited by Spartan

-Corsair Obsidian 800D

-Corsair H50

-Corsair 1600mhz 7-7-7-20

-Intel i7 930 @ 3.99ghz

-EVGA X58 Classified

-EVGA GTX480 @2 In SLI

-EVGA GTX 285 Physx

-Silverstone 1500 psu

-Logitech G940 (retired)

-TM Warthog HOTAS

-42" Sony X-Series 1080P LCD

-17" Dell Acc Monitor @2

I know its a bit off place but it would be interesting to know you serial number. Maybe TM can find ID a batch and recall the affected products.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I noticed that you can call up the firmware info for the Throttle and the Stick in the TARGET software.

I would be curious to find out which FW numbers are generally causing the problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

• 2 weeks later...

"USB device not recognized" is the message I get when I try to use my throttle, sounds like I'm having the same issue some of you guys are describing.

I'm getting five green lights on the throttle, but otherwise its unresponsive. The stick seems to be fine.

Curious to know if anyone has fixed this problem on their thrustmaster?

Just as I was getting the hang of it...:(

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

"USB device not recognized" is the message I get when I try to use my throttle, sounds like I'm having the same issue some of you guys are describing.

I'm getting five green lights on the throttle, but otherwise its unresponsive. The stick seems to be fine.

Curious to know if anyone has fixed this problem on their thrustmaster?

Just as I was getting the hang of it...:(

Curious - did you apply the firmware upgrade that was just released before this happened? Just noting the date of your posting and was wondering if the firmware helped with this problem or not.

The warthogs arrived in Aus yesterday, at PC case gear anyway and my stick is dead 8(.

straight out of the box.

te throttle is fine but the stick is showing a win bootloader issue.

emailed TM now just waiting for a response.

Why don't you send it back straight to PC Case Gear. First port of call is always the retailer. Aus laws means that they have to replace anything that's not working or doesn't do what it's advertised. Don't let them drag the line 'It's the manufacturer's problem, contact them'.

Direct from the ACCC website :

The manufacturer is in a much better position to determine what is wrong with goods and how the problem should be remedied. Can’t I ask the consumer to deal with them directly?

No. Consumers are free to seek a remedy from the supplier or the manufacturer. You may send the good to the manufacturer for diagnosis or repair, but you cannot require consumers to deal with the manufacturer directly. Remember that when you must provide a remedy to the consumer within a reasonable time so you should have procedures in place to follow up on goods that are sent away for diagnosis or repair. Also, if you find that there is a major problem with a good, or a problem that cannot be easily fixed, you should advise the consumer of this and allow them to choose their preferred remedy.

Edited by WynnTTr

I lived in USA, sent throttle to Canada for repair. 10 days later get email that they are shipping Tuesday from France to South Carolina USA. Now it is in Philadelphia and will be here Thursday. Pretty fast from France Tuesday to USA at my door on Thursday. Cant wait to get the man stick back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....man stick...... :megalol:

sorry, junior moment......:music_whistling:

:megalol: You have to admit that the throttle and stick just screams Testosteron With the black, metal and toggle switches. Arrrgggg Arrrrgggg Arrgggg.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:megalol: You have to admit that the throttle and stick just screams Testosteron With the black, metal and toggle switches. Arrrgggg Arrrrgggg Arrgggg.

Yeah just imagine the whole plane itself around you... just think about what you're sitting on top of.

Curious - did you apply the firmware upgrade that was just released before this happened? Just noting the date of your posting and was wondering if the firmware helped with this problem or not.

Sadly I had just installed the new firmware when this issue appeared. According to what I've been reading that could complicate getting this thing fixed.

Anyone know how to "re-flash" the throttle?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Today I became part of the "throttle died club" I followed all this thread and another on other forums. I run the firmware updater. First time it didn't complete the process but something it made, since then windows could see the throttle but couldn't configure it and Targuet didn't see it at all. Windows knew that it was pluged but could not make anything with it.

I tried another firmware update and this time the leds worked again. Windows can see the throttle and let me access to the "windows config screen" for the device. Target now can see the throttle BUT the axes do not respond.

All the buttons on the throttle works properly in windows and in Target, but none of the axes work.

Anyone else is in this stage? Since I made some progresses from the "completely dead" stage to the "half alive" stage I resist to send it back to vendor.

Un Saludo!

Pd.- sorry for the english

Chalk another poor guy to the list WynnTTr, sorry Magoo, hope you/they get it fixed soon. You already know what's next......contact TM and send it back. Unless someone knows another way to fix your problem.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

NS. How the hell is this woman's poor husband supposed to compete?

pr20061207a.jpg

Large but shorty ?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Hi there!

Today I became part of the "throttle died club" I followed all this thread and another on other forums. I run the firmware updater. First time it didn't complete the process but something it made, since then windows could see the throttle but couldn't configure it and Targuet didn't see it at all. Windows knew that it was pluged but could not make anything with it.

I tried another firmware update and this time the leds worked again. Windows can see the throttle and let me access to the "windows config screen" for the device. Target now can see the throttle BUT the axes do not respond.

All the buttons on the throttle works properly in windows and in Target, but none of the axes work.

Anyone else is in this stage? Since I made some progresses from the "completely dead" stage to the "half alive" stage I resist to send it back to vendor.

Un Saludo!

Pd.- sorry for the english

Olá Magoo,

I would say try the hard reset found a page or 2 ago. Then reflash. Since its not a totally dead throttle there s hope !

If it doesn t work put some pressure on TM resseller and support.

• 6 months later...

This afternoon my stick died :cry:

It is no longer recognized on any of the USB ports of any of my computers, neither in bulk mode (that's where you have to hold down the gun trigger and weapon release button while plugging it in) nor in normal mode.

This is just ridiculous, in particular with regard to the price of this piece of hardware! :mad:

Edited by Waxi