Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Bucic
Veteran

Reputation power: 170
Bucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud of
Default X52 / X52 Pro printable button layout and template

Interested?
It's done and easily editable in Inkscape (freeware vector graphics program). 100% vector so it will be crisp and clear at any resolution. Originally done for A2A Simulations WW2 combat flight simulator - Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory (BoB2 WoV). For those who are not familiar with Inkscape at all I made a tutorial showing only essential skills needed to freely modify joystick button layout SVG drawing provided.

Here you can find the download link and updates
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/...13675&start=30

Quote:
1280x1000 high quality video
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vh2hui..._1280x1000.mov

3 part YouTube HD version. Please read the description.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbw7yTzxoIo

Updated button layout with SST profile (~16 combinations of basic blocks added)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u3aexh...e061107_v2.zip

Edit:
Updated Sept 10th 2010

Improved layout for X52 Pro. Contents - almost identical.
I re-distributed the blocks to minimize the risk that rearrangement will be needed. I also removed some obsolete figures.

Lots of notes included in the svg file. Open, zoom out if needed and read.

Download link http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugcb1u...Bucic_v1.1.zip

Edit:
Updated Sept 10th 2010

Last edited by Bucic; 09-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Bucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Grandad1955

Reputation power: 0
Grandad1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant. Many thanks.

Glenn
Grandad1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Bucic
Veteran

Bucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud ofBucic has much to be proud of

Anyone, please let me know if you modified my template. I'm just curious.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Panzertard
Veteran

Reputation power: 127
Panzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud of

Nice setup really. Unfortunately I dont use the SST anymore, I'm too comfortable without it.
Panzertard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Bucic
Veteran

What setup? I made it before I got X52 Pro and now when I got it I have nothing to populate it with Maybe I'll try to set some foundations to my profile today. Flight nav / combat / emergency seems like an optimal distribution of commands on the 3 available modes (times 2 if pinkie button pressed).

I'm going to remove the bottom-left drawing of the throttle. There's only two controls there.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Panzertard
Veteran

Reputation power: 127
Panzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud ofPanzertard has much to be proud of

My mode1 broke, hence I'm stuck with mode2+3 anyway - but since the SST causes too much hazle, I chose to not use it.
There can be some minor issues with dual input, two keystrokes being emulated at the same time - press & release etc - as well as assigment conflicts with FC2/DCS themselves.
Instead I use this method: Small tip for x52pro users

But my rule for setting up the stick is quite simple - when the s*** hits the fan, I must be able to do whatever I need to do using two hands on the stick only:
- I must be able to attack without using the keyboard
- I must be able to evade / break away / survive without using the keyboard

The rest where time & reaction isnt a matter of life & death, such as NAV, IP, land, maintenance etc - I accept usage of keyboard.

Last edited by Panzertard; 04-22-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Panzertard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Bucic
Veteran

I'm familiar with the tip.

Thanks for your advices. This is what I look for too.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #8
walker450

Reputation power: 10
walker450 is just really nicewalker450 is just really nice

Just wanted to Bring this thread back from the dead. Thanks for sharing. I am printing one of these for each game I have along with all keyboard assignments.
walker450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #9
shu77

Reputation power: 22
shu77 is a glorious beacon of lightshu77 is a glorious beacon of lightshu77 is a glorious beacon of lightshu77 is a glorious beacon of lightshu77 is a glorious beacon of light

Any chance of a blank template?

i7-930, 9GB DDR3, ASRock X58, HD5870 1GB, Win 7 64Bit, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TM Cougar MFDs, MFD's on 2nd screen, Hawgtouch on 2nd PC.
77 Squadron DCS Airfield Diagrams My Ride! My Rig
shu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
Bucic
Veteran

What do you need a blank template for? What is 'blank' anyway? Joystick silhouette with pointers and frames? Some text has to be there otherwise text fields with no text will be gone.

Grab Inkscape and make it happen. What you want (what I think you want) is perfectly within reach with the tutorial I recorded. This tutorial is not about 'learning inkscape'. It presents only what's needed for editing my layout. In your case the required skills are: selecting and layers. Tadaa

Quote:
Jump to 2:28 to quickly see the layers handling and fast disabling/enabling various layout elements (joystick sihouette, all the pointers etc.).

Last edited by Bucic; 08-05-2010 at 06:14 PM.